Fallout 4 - Official Announcement

Maybe the game's actual title will be Fallout:Dogs. Y'know, something like Dragon Age:Bears. :)

Well, at least we don't have to worry about downgrades... maybe they have learned a lesson from TW3 debacle ? Now if they could only learn to make games.

Meh. Not interested. Maybe as a bargain buy.

ROTFL
Is there any game sequel that can make you just a bit excited? It doesn't have to be for real, but just for a change.

Very unexciting trailer…
I'm still going to play it. Not as a Fallout 1/2 successor, but as a post-apocalyptic open-world sandbox I can mod the hell out of.

Btw, here's another plug for Underrail, if you want to play something more like Fallout 1/2. You can get it for 8€ on Steam right now. Final version should be out sometime this year according to the devs.

Well, at least we don't have to worry about downgrades… .

LOL, good point! Maybe they are lowering expectations on purpose here.

But seriously, I still think it looks good overall, but yea, I can see it needs some work as well in some areas. The trailer will now probably be analyzed to death by graphic whores, and found wanting…;)

Man it's a good time to be a gamer recently, Fallout 3/New Vegas were so fantastic there's really nothing more to do right now than just feel excited.

But seriously, I still think it looks good overall, but yea, I can see it needs some work as well in some areas. The trailer will now probably be analyzed to death by graphic whores, and found wanting…;)
Well it's the internet so of course it will, and of course it will be found lacking. One can't simply enjoy RPG games anymore on the internet. It's not the 1990's anymore.:biggrin:

I'm personally more excited for the FNV Frontier mod than I am the game this trailer pushes. Really weird trailer.

Trailer is meh but I do like the Fallout universe. I hope its more like F3 than NV tho. I hope they dont use tons of old timey music also, I played NV with music off it was so bad. And give us more mutants!

Im excited! Loved all Fallout games including 3 and NV.

Though I thought the graphics would be more advanced.
TW 3 looks waaay better on my ps4 even.

I hope they dont use tons of old timey music also, I played NV with music off it was so bad.

I agree, and I didn't even play Fallout 3 or NV! I think they should limit the old time music, that gets real old, real quickly. I know it is supposed to be a long standing trope or theme of the Fallout series, but bleh…

The dog pining over the empty crib has suckered me in straight away. I hope he's in the game!

The character models look rather basic, but I thought the lighting looked pretty good.

I actually like the music; what I can' stand over the course of a 300 hour playthrough, however, are a cliche` howling DJ and a boozed-out Wayne Newton.

Quite underwhelming for me; didn't feel particularly fallout-ish, save for the Fallout 1 style panning back of the camera and Ink Spot theme. It's early days of course, but this is more evidence to me that Bethesda simply doesn't get the tone of Fallout.

Though I thought the graphics would be more advanced.
TW 3 looks waaay better on my ps4 even.

Is there some ongoing race for the best graphics between RPG (!) developers?

Im sure there be enough trailers and PR crap for this title and more "explosive" trailers.
BTW is that hero at the end wearing some kind of superhero costume? :roll:

As to the release date, Bethsoft has not announced it yet. It is listed on their press site as TBA.

Ok, just to balance it out, because I really don't think all the negativity is justified. Things I liked about the trailer -

The outdoor scenes and terrain graphics I thought were the best things about it. Very good feeling and atmosphere in those outdoor scenes.

I also thought that futuristic city they featured was pretty cool, and I liked the art style and look of it.

Also, I have no idea of the story line, so not trying to spoil anything, this is pure speculation on my part…but I wonder if there will be a time travel element or theme involved in the game, with the flashback scenes so prevalent in the trailer. Maybe you have to go back in time before the nuclear apocalypse, and try and stop it or something..that would be really cool and a classic science fiction idea.

Back
Top Bottom