Grimoire on GOG!!!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar.
Created by none other than the legendary Cleveland Blakemore is now on GoG.
Also less than 8$ :)

REJOICE PEASANTS!!! REJOICE!!!

After more than 20 years of development, the greatest roleplaying game of them all is finally ready for release! Grimoire is an homage to the classic dungeon blobbers and is inspired by Wizardry, Might & Magic, Lands of Lore, Anvil of Dawn, DungeonMaster and the Eye of the Beholder games!

- 600 hours of play possible in a single game
- Lush Colorful 2D Hand Drawn Artwork
- Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effects
- 244+ Maps in the game to explore!
- Turn-Based strategic combat
- Multiple Beginnings, Multiple Endings
- 144 context sensitive magic spells
- 14 races, 15 professions, 50 skills
- 64 intelligent NPCs with 8000+ Words in Vocabulary
- Full Sentence Communication with NPCs
- 240+ monsters each with special powers and defenses
- 1000+ items, Carry Containers, Global Party Inventory
- 30 conditions, from Confusion to Disease & Lycanthropy
- Automapping, Autowalking, Autohealing
- Global Map Atlas With Position Marker
- Quest Journal, Hint Prompting, Help Facility, Mini-Quests
- Complex LockPicking Interfaces for Doors & Chests
- Challenging Puzzles and Rich Interactive Dungeons
- Browsable Character Library for up to 100 characters
- Multiple Crafting Workshops for all items
- Up to 12 Commented Postage Stamped Savegames
- Multi-themed GUI and customizable screen layouts

Bah I'll pass thank you.:puke:

Did he ever release the manual he had been promising?

The only game in history I haven't played or payed for because of the designer. I was surprised it was ever released, so I have to give a little credit for that.

I’ve come close to buying this game many times, but I never pull the trigger because of the developer. Probably never will. I don’t want to support him at all, and I’m usually the first person to support a developer.

Cleve is an asshat (to put it mildly), but if this game appealed to me I think I'd still buy it. Never had much interest in first person dungeon crawlers / blobbers though and don't think I'd start with this on if I had the urge to try them again (Doesn't it supposedly have an average play time of 600 hours or something insane like that?).

The only game in history I haven't played or payed for because of the designer.
I don't care for the person that made the game
I’ve come close to buying this game many times, but I never pull the trigger because of the developer
Cleve is an asshat (to put it mildly)

What on earth are you all talking about? How do you all know so much about the developer? What's the problem?

The way you're all carrying on you'd think he personally attacked you, yet it would appear it's the other way around?

Actually, he has personally attacked me on more than one occasion. He personally attacks anyone who even dares question anything about his game. Or any of the many, many release dates that he missed. Or anything at all.

Do some research about him. Then you’ll understand.

What on earth are you all talking about? How do you all know so much about the developer? What's the problem?

The way you're all carrying on you'd think he personally attacked you, yet it would appear it's the other way around?

Funny thing, I don't need someone to personally attack me to dislike them or how they treat other people. It's kind of the foundation of empathy.

Cleve who only lives a short drive from me and whom I have met and interviewed personally; attacked me online for no apparent reason as I'd been the one supporting his game as a Beta tester. I've finished it twice as a tester and it's a good game, but anyone who attacks his supporters who have given him free publicity has a personality problem that needs addressing.

If you don't believe it, read his posts on the Codex. Or his responses to player reviews on steam.

There son you got served :) just having a little fun.

He personally attacks anyone who even dares question anything about his game. Or any of the many, many release dates that he missed. Or anything at all.

Cleve who only lives a short drive from me and whom I have met and interviewed personally; attacked me online for no apparent reason as I'd been the one supporting his game as a Beta tester. I've finished it twice as a tester and it's a good game, but anyone who attacks his supporters who have given him free publicity has a personality problem that needs addressing.

If you don't believe it, read his posts on the Codex. Or his responses to player reviews on steam.

Wait, are we talking about Starr Long, Richard Garriott, Chris Spears, or Cleve? I can't really tell them apart anymore. Wait.. I think the only difference is that Cleves product might be worth playing if you ignore the moronic developer. The others, not so much.

Wait, are we talking about Starr Long, Richard Garriott, Chris Spears, or Cleve? I can't really tell them apart anymore. Wait.. I think the only difference is that Cleves product might be worth playing if you ignore the moronic developer. The others, not so much.

Could'nt say really. Since I never really got interested into Shroud, I missed most of that drama. ;)

It's telling how even Grimoire's biggest fan on the watch refers to Cleve as a "moronic developer".

Anyway, I've been following Grimoire since either the late 90's or early 2000s. I've seen some crazy stuff. Modern Cleve is actually pretty mild compared to old-school Cleve. But I only cared about it because back in the day he said so many crazy, made up things that I didn't trust that his game was real. But obviously it is real so I don't really care about his personality anymore.

But I still haven't gotten it. From what I've read I suspect I would really enjoy the early game but that it would start to lose me by the mid-game as more and more design flaws started to show up. But I know there have been improvements made since I've read about it and I may still end up getting it someday.

Pointing out that others do wrong does not excuse the wrong done by the individual who is at the heart of the discussion, nor does it wipe away the sour taste left behind that would prompt some to pass on his project.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom