Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates - Page 8 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Default The Final Beta test available for download

July 15th, 2021, 14:06
For people who are in the beta, the last game update before the release is available

It's a 10.7 GB update, so not such an inconspicuous download.

Here are the patch notes:

Spoiler

Getting OOT:

Apparently, I already have 200+ hours registered in Steam for that game. I find that somewhat suspicious, isn't Steam overestimating the running time of the games? It's not the first time I notice that.

Is there Ö a grand total? Just to see how many years we've spent on gaming?
Nope, but I opened the page with all the game, from the profile, used two lines of Python and got 2626 hours. Let's do the same on GOG and add it: 3049 hours total, it's not that bad. Of course it doesn't include NWN, Morrowind, Fallout 3 and other old games, only those of the last 11-12 years or so?
Anyway, I'm sure most of you have a lot more

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

July 15th, 2021, 14:12
I leave many games, especially turn based, running in the background so my numbers are not accurate at all.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

July 15th, 2021, 14:16
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
I leave many games, especially turn based, running in the background so my numbers are not accurate at all.
Sometimes I do that in Winter, to heat up the room, but I'm using a flight sim, more efficient (so it's not in the count)

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 16th, 2021, 16:59
A new update 0.8.0j, already.
Patch notes are here.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 17th, 2021, 12:31
A little video of Mortismal Gaming presenting the beta 3. I was hoping that WolfheartFPS would release something, but at the moment he's completely immersed in BG3 with gameplay videos of 5 and 10h

loading…

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 20th, 2021, 19:46
Another video, this time focused on updates in the crusade system. That's the feature still being developed, and apparently it's taking shape!

He speaks about the crusade system and the "auto" setting, which should interest fans of Kingmaker who didn't like the Kingdom Management feature:
  • makes all the strategic aspects of the crusade system (so the equivalent of the kingdom management) become automatic and transparent to the player
  • does not impact the plot! This was the big issue in Kingmaker when trying to put Kingdom Management in auto mode so if that works, it should be a relief
  • generates the player's armies automatically and makes them invincible

loading…

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 20th, 2021, 20:02
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I hope this new partnership (my EDIT above) doesn't make it even harder to get a stable September release… it's already looking difficult as it is.
I recommend assuming a delay and being pleasantly surprised if there isn't one. I would bet a modest amount of money on it missing its announced release date.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

July 20th, 2021, 20:26
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I recommend assuming a delay and being pleasantly surprised if there isn't one. I would bet a modest amount of money on it missing its announced release date.
Right now and seeing what's left to fix on the beta 3 update (and that's only in the part we see, excl. ch 4 & 5), I'm actually hoping for a little delay. Perhaps it's become more complicated with the new publisher partnership since decisions are not only in Owlcat's hands anymore.

We'll see how it goes, either way I'm sure it'll end up as a great game, but I hope they don't have to suffer from a bad release again.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 20th, 2021, 21:00
The addition of Auto Mode is huge, and I like that it still gives you the option to fight the battles yourself if you want.

That's actually the first time I've watched footage of a crusade battle. It looks kind of fun if a bit simplistic. Do your companions have any participation in the crusade system similar to how they contributed to kingdom management in Kingmaker?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

July 20th, 2021, 22:22
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
That's actually the first time I've watched footage of a crusade battle. It looks kind of fun if a bit simplistic. Do your companions have any participation in the crusade system similar to how they contributed to kingdom management in Kingmaker?
In the first beta, there were still companion or other NPCs as advisors, but there were fewer domains. Now it's simpler and more flexible, but they're still working on it.

Currently, there are still events and projects, but they're assigned to a council, not an advisor. When the council tackles the problem or the project, each member offers an alternative to deal with it. It's like a conversation where you can select a council member to solve the problem in a specific way. I think the idea is that the outcome, so the benefit for the crusade system in case of success, will depend on who is selected to deal with it, I suppose the DC is different too.

There are still a lot of placeholders and it's not complete, so hard to say exactly how it'll be, but it looks that way.

The composition of the council will depend on the mythic path chosen by the player, too. The whole system feels more cohesive than in Kingmaker, even though there are more parts (party with classes, mythic path, crusade system with armies and crusade management).

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 20th, 2021, 22:49
Well given the current climate of gaming is delay, delay, and delay again my magic 8-ball says expect a delay. Yep cynical I know but that's my experience with Early Access.

On the other-hand they better fix those bugs we don't want another Kingmaker.
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)

July 20th, 2021, 23:07
The army battles were a it on the simple side so nice to see some work done on them. Auto-mode is also pretty cool to add for it.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

July 21st, 2021, 16:50
Small patch 0.8.0l, seems to fix the annoying problem with non-responding NPCs.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 22nd, 2021, 16:37
Little intro to another companion, the awesome Lann!

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 23rd, 2021, 00:48
Anyhow looks like they have no plan/intention to delay the game.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Update #92 - Its Now or Never
Today we are bringing you a final reminder, along with the beautiful and high-quality wallpapers with Areelu Vorlesh, the game's main antagonist. For those of you who ever wanted to obtain them, you can find and download them here.

There is very little time left before the release of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The new adventure in the world of Golarion will begin in less than 2 months!
--
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." & "What is the secret to eternal happiness? To not argue with fools."

Couchpotato

Armchair Contrarian

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)

July 27th, 2021, 16:41
Little musical update

For Heroic Deeds, the Right Music
As you know, music is an important part of our games and that's why it should be memorable and of highest quality. Today we introduce a new composer, who helped bring the music of Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous to life. Meet Pawel Perepelica, composer and multi-instrumentalist from the city Pyatigorsk in southern Russia.
[…]
Link to the track:

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 28th, 2021, 09:21
Another day, another dev stream, this time with Tom Aglio and Lindsay Sheppard.
This Friday at 10 am PDT/1 pm EDT/7 pm CEST/20:00 MSK we will have a special stream with guests - voices of Woljif @TomAglioVO and Minagho @LSheppardVO will join us on Twitch!
Leave your questions in the replies, and we will make sure to ask them!
Link to their Twitch

I've always found Minagho a bit disturbing…

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 28th, 2021, 16:51
She is pretty funny though (Minagho) and I wanted to like her even though I know she would kill me in a second.

Spoiler
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

July 28th, 2021, 19:45
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
She is pretty funny though (Minagho) and I wanted to like her even though I know she would kill me in a second.
She is, I enjoy the little play between her and Staunton

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 29th, 2021, 13:11
When is the release date for this again? September, right? I don't suppose the beta has all the content?

DArtagnan

Mentioned: Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates