Daggerfall Unity - Necromancy for a classic RPG

I so want to get into this…loved daggerfall in the day and a lot of the addons seem to add a lot. Big question is when will it be playable enough?

EDIT NVm they hope to be in beta this year and soon 1.0....the game looks great actually....lots of game for free:)

Last edited:
I so want to get into this…loved daggerfall in the day and a lot of the addons seem to add a lot. Big question is when will it be playable enough?

EDIT NVm they hope to be in beta this year and soon 1.0….the game looks great actually….lots of game for free:)

i played it about half a year ago to conclusion actually for the first time
the only problem i had was that thieves guilds wasn´t marked on city maps after you joined them

I got it all set up with the latest build and a bunch of mods....I don't remember the starting dungeon kicking my ass so bad. Looks fantastic though. Plays very well.

I got it all set up with the latest build and a bunch of mods….I don't remember the starting dungeon kicking my ass so bad. Looks fantastic though. Plays very well.
I've never really played Daggerfall to much of an extent (I got more into Morrowind), but yeah, it certainly seems harder than I remember.
I'd met a rat and a vampire bat before the tutorial kicked in, which told me that a rat was behind a door and this is how to fight it. But it was some flying glowing monster behind the door and it kicked my arse. Probably a bug.

Also, I started with a heap of armour in my inventory, but couldn't use it due to my character class.

I'll start another game sometime and see how that goes.

There are mods for the alpha of a remake?

Yes, stuff like new textures, quests, etc....I guess they did it that way so you could experience the vanilla version.

It looks quite a bit different from the last time I tried it, unless he's using a visual mod there.

It looks quite a bit different from the last time I tried it, unless he's using a visual mod there.

He is....you can get it on nexus.

In to this now myself, so easy to set up and you can get a version off their site that has community patches applied.

In addition to that Dream mod, what are the best mods?

In to this now myself, so easy to set up and you can get a version off their site that has community patches applied.

In addition to that Dream mod, what are the best mods?

I just went to mod nexus and took the most commonly downlaoded ones.

I'm trying out the latest version and finding it very difficult to swing my weapon. It's as if it's not accurately reading my mouse movement when I'm attacking. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't installed any mods yet.

*Edit* Nevermind. I just needed to tweak some setttings.

Last edited:
I think I just must play through this at some point. While I did spend a large amount of hours in both "Arena" and "Daggerfall", I never truly enjoyed the TES games until "Morrowind" and "Skyrim" was the first one I enjoyed from "beginning to end".

I feel maybe I never game the early titles quite the credit they deserved, so I really want this version to be finished.

I got to my first dungeon beyond the starter one....god they are huge....in some ways it reminds me of a roguelike....

There are bugs still, I got a quest for the mages guild and another quest for the same city that put the npc's in the same spot...can't finish the quest.

When you make your character you can make your own character that has more your play style in mind.

I just tried the DREAM mod and wow, that's a pretty good overhaul. I didn't even bother with the reshade stuff (does that change much?).

I added reshade and hand-painted models and better skies. Yes, it makes a big difference.
On the Dream mod page there are suggested mods to go with it and have tested fine.

It feels more like an Elder Scrolls game now. I just got chased by the guard for stealing. It is hard to find the important buildings in the town. Nobody likes Wood elves for some reason:)

I got to my first dungeon beyond the starter one….god they are huge….in some ways it reminds me of a roguelike.

There's a setting he added in the ini.file called "SmallerDungeons" that's supposed to keep the size of random dungeons in check. Change that to 'True' if you want to see how well it works. I haven't played enough myself to see if it makes much of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom