Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced

Sega has confirmed that this game will indeed be released for all of our lovely computers. Oh happy day!!
omg omg tis true!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/790820/Valkyria_Chronicles_4/

No date specified, but will happen sometimes this year. Note - the steam release will contain full japanese audio for all of us who don't want silly dubs.
Instabuy for me.

Now we just need 2 & 3 released on the PC.
Not really. Both are Nintendo Gameboy outdated inferior designs garbage.

I never thought stalking old Sega forums and people would pay off, lol. It sure did yesterday!!!

Yeah, I'll be purchasing this as soon as I see an option to do so. Preferably on good old games, but if not, steam will suffice. This shall, this must be mine!!

Not really. Both are Nintendo Gameboy outdated inferior designs garbage.
Wrong both released on the PSP/PlayStation Portable , and I enjoyed both of them.:biggrin:

And what exact difference is between gameboy and psp?
The owner company. Both are same shit different wrapping.

As for enjoyment, I guess you're easy to please. :p

I might buy Yakuza just in the hopes that Persona eventually gets the computer translation treatment as well, some day.

I'd love to see that, too. They'd honestly be stupid not to release Persona 4 and 5 for PC, seeing how successful similar games (Trails of Cold Steel, anyone?) have been.

Huh? I really don't see any similarity between Cold Steel and Persona. Cold Steel feels like a product that somehow escaped from PC instead of being originally on it. Persona breathes as if was originally ment to be a phonegame.

You're right though, while I'm not interested in Persona games, those sell like a cure and not porting them to both phones and PC would be a serious mistake.

How the Persona games haven't ended up on great old games or steam is beyond me. That is basically just easy money waiting to pour into their coffers. Sure, you got to translate and optimize, but I'd be astounded if these games didn't turn a profit. Of course, to really capitalize, you'd need to translate all of them for the computer audience, not just one or two.

Huh? I really don't see any similarity between Cold Steel and Persona. Cold Steel feels like a product that somehow escaped from PC instead of being originally on it. Persona breathes as if was originally ment to be a phonegame.

You're right though, while I'm not interested in Persona games, those sell like a cure and not porting them to both phones and PC would be a serious mistake.

I guess I was sorta thinking, like...ToCS, P4, and P5 all have you playing high school students who have to balance class, social lives, dating, social links, and dungeoneering? They definitely have their similarities when you think about it...

I'd agree, there's a correlation between those games listed. Lots of games bring higher education into the mix, but not many make it an integral focus for much of the entire game like those.

From everything i've read i'm very optimistic however the only reason it is not a day one buy is i'm going to wait for all the dlc to be released.

Well I don't play DLCs so that's not a problem in my case. I do want to play the first 3 before I play VC4 so that is a problem.

I don't know if there's a point to playing the games between.

VC1 is almost a masterpiece and is available on Steam, there is every point of playing it.
VC2 apparently has a story for 5 year old kids which is not a surprise being Nintendo Gameboy or some other rubbish hardware title, definetly no point bothering with.
VC3 apparently has a mature story so perhaps there is a point to play that one.

Apparently. No PC version means I saved money and didn't check myself if what I've heard about VC2 and VC3 is true.

Bumpity bump.

For those who are interested when DLC and what DLC:
http://valkyria.sega.com/dlc.php

Note that "A Captainless Squad" DLC is free for all who preordered and will be included within the game automatically at release.
Others won't be able to get it for a month. Stupid Sega…

Quoting Steam:
This game will unlock in approximately 13 hours

No comments on that? Okay, I guess everyone here except me loves when something smells like DLC:The Game.

VG247 made tips and hints article, not much useful but good for some laughs:
https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/25/valkyria-chronicles-4-tips-tricks-guide/
- Remember to Upgrade
- Don’t skip breakfast
- Snipers and Grenadiers are your best friends
- Scouts are also very good
- Engineers too, actually
- Whoa, slow down there mate, don’t forget about Shock Troopers
- Fill your APC with Lancers
- The AI is fully aware of everything I just told you
- It’s not confidential, you’ve got potentials
- It wouldn’t be a JRPG without grinding now, would it?

Some new reviews appeared:

Kotaku - played on PlayStation, without score:
Type Of Game:
Military Debacle Simulator
-
Occasionally unfair and glitchy combat scenarios, inconsistent tone undercuts the narrative.
-
Nearly 30 hours. I still have a few missions left.

wccftech - played on PC, 9/10
The only other minor issue for me would be the UI when it comes to roster changing, unit upgrading and levelling up in the headquarters. Valkyria Chronicles seems to think something along the lines of “Why click just three buttons when I can force you to click six?” and by god does it make you. It’s just another small niggle in what is an otherwise fantastic game.

- On occasion, the storytelling can drag on or become irritating as you have to drop back to the menu just to watch another scene.
- Mission ranking based on speed, not intelligent play (such as not losing units)
- Insane difficulty spike towards the end of the game
- A poor user interface in the headquarters, where all your upgrades and levelling up are performed

Back
Top Bottom