Elex Elex First Impressions

I am surprised by how well this is doing in steam reviews. I was really expecting to see mixed over there but its "Mostly Positive".

Steamspy is saying owners of 89,809 - 109,143 of which 30k were on last couple of days ago. This is also impressive since the number is coming after negative reviews from mainstream press.

I guess they will reach at least 200k in couple of months on steam alone….

Another thing I noticed is that many grey key sellers have put the price up in the last couple of days. If a game isn't doing well, these are people who usually drop the price before anyone else. It will remain to be seen if the game holds its price by the end of the month.

What purpose does the mainstream press serve other than to provide clickbait in forums though?

I haven't purchased a game because of magazine reviews for decades, if ever. I don't know if that's the same for anyone else here?

I am surprised by how well this is doing in steam reviews. I was really expecting to see mixed over there but its "Mostly Positive".

Steamspy is saying owners of 89,809 - 109,143 of which 30k were on last couple of days ago. This is also impressive since the number is coming after negative reviews from mainstream press.
I don't see any surprise - more and more people are choosing to defy mainstream's MMO pushing schemes.

For example, I got an urge to puke after I saw today's article on VG247 "Can the PC save Destiny 2’s competitive scene?".
https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/24/pe...pc-release-save-destiny-2s-competitive-scene/
It's among numerous (paid) Destiny 2 articlespams on that site.
Well, dear VG247, FU and your Destiny 2.

The word of mouth is clear. The game is clunky, sure. Also, there are plenty of things to abuse. But is also addictive and fun. A paradise for anyone who likes exploring in games.
On top of it, there is no season pass, no DLC, no multiplayer modes, and no microtransactions. Elex is bullshitfree game.
So would you buy a generic repetitive MMO or Elex? I know what I would. I mean, what I did.

What purpose does the mainstream press serve other than to provide clickbait in forums though?

I haven't purchased a game because of magazine reviews for decades, if ever. I don't know if that's the same for anyone else here?

I think anyone who visit RPG watch is a "hard core" player but I still know people who subscribe to printed PC Gamer magazine! The mainstream press have lot of effect on those people.

The "mainstream" gamer is looking at these "mainstream " sites and thinking this game is having bad reviews so i will skip it so these sites still do have influence.

For example, I got an urge to puke after I saw today's article on VG247 "Can the PC save Destiny 2’s competitive scene?".
https://www.vg247.com/2017/10/24/pe...pc-release-save-destiny-2s-competitive-scene/
It's among numerous (paid) Destiny 2 articlespams on that site.
Well, dear VG247, FU and your Destiny 2.

I thought it was only me who noticed their Destiny and Destiny 2 coverage over more than 90% of their news/articles. This is one of the reasons why I stopped visiting their site (and they want me to stop AdBlocker!).

I think anyone who visit RPG watch is a "hard core" player but I still know people who subscribe to printed PC Gamer magazine! The mainstream press have lot of effect on those people.

The "mainstream" gamer is looking at these "mainstream " sites and thinking this game is having bad reviews so i will skip it so these sites still do have influence.

I suppose some will I guess. :(

But Joxer makes some great points about Elex being mostly a bullshit-free game, with regards to dodgy AAA practices, and this is a perfectly timed release for a game like Elex to cash in on that angle, which it is doing via the more normal route of gaming success, that of Youtube and Streaming. Don't be at all surprised if the game has a stronger tail that likely catches such people down the road a bit.

Just wandered to my second city. Domed City, I think it's called. Can't I find my robot companion here somewhere? I haven't seen it yet, but I thought this is where it came. Ray's voice irritates me, plus I'm not going with the drug-using outlaws, so he wandered off and I'm in no hurry to visit Outlaw land. I'll do it once I'm forced to by the Beserkers or Clerics. I have been there with a previous test game and wasn't impressed. Too bad Domed City isn't a faction choice. This is the best place I've been to so far by a mile.

What a bizarre thing to reply with.

While I disagree with your assertion that role-playing is all in your mind and the game offers nothing in this regard, because its quite the most absurd thing I've ever heard, for the sake of staying on-point I'll humour your opinion as a means to find out if your stretch still answers the question:

"Elex has additional role-playing because role-playing is all in the mind"

Um, if its all in your mind and nothing to do with the game, how can one game have additional roleplaying over another game?

Like I said, you don’t understand role playing obviously, so I’ll leave it at that.

IGN has 9 million subscribers I think, so yeah, I definitely agree. They have more power than they should IMO, in that it's weird to me that in 2017 people still follow sites like IGN and rely on them. It feels like it should be a very antiquated thing by now, what with access to user reviews, Steam refunds, etc..

Just wandered to my second city. Domed City, I think it's called. Can't I find my robot companion here somewhere? I haven't seen it yet, but I thought this is where it came. Ray's voice irritates me, plus I'm not going with the drug-using outlaws, so he wandered off and I'm in no hurry to visit Outlaw land. I'll do it once I'm forced to by the Beserkers or Clerics. I have been there with a previous test game and wasn't impressed. Too bad Domed City isn't a faction choice. This is the best place I've been to so far by a mile.

The robot companion is quite close to the beserkers actually - I'm using him, dumped Duras (The Useless). If you complete the berserker quests you will likely find him otherwise, assuming he stays put,

he's on top of the alb converter closest to the beserkers

I guess they will reach at least 200k in couple of months on steam alone….

Another thing I noticed is that many grey key sellers have put the price up in the last couple of days. If a game isn't doing well, these are people who usually drop the price before anyone else. It will remain to be seen if the game holds its price by the end of the month.

You know what else is amazing? ELEX 2 was confirmed before the first game even released. I don't know about you but that tells me that investors, THQ Nordic and others already know they have something great on their hands. Pretty interesting stuff IMO.

Not sure who asked (crpgnut or wgd), but I did the quest to get 6 parts yesterday. The guy who had 3 does not want to give them, even after you help him. That's not a bug, he's just stubborn.
I tried and yes, you can steal all 3 spare parts from him if you don't want to kill him. Note that you need pickpocket at least level 2 for that. Also note that killing him or letting him live has no consequences apart from different Jora dialogue.

I did not know that guy had the other parts but after a ton of exploring and the weird dialogue options, it had to be him. I was loath to kill the guy just because I had a fetch it quest. Additionally he was way tuffer than me a took me out fairly easily. So I took Korin (?) on the Dajjer site seeing tour where we would run by all the monsters up close. Nothing worked and after killing me off for the umpteenth time, I gave up and just followed Korin back to his base to see if the long walk would make him forget my attack.

As we were walking back to camp, Korin, probably full of a ton of testosterone after beating me down so much, took on a 40 foot tall robot. By himself. It did not go well for him. And it was quick. I looted the body and got the parts and a free conscience for not having to kill an innocent guy for a fetch it quest.

He took on a troll in my game and didn't have anything but Elex on him! Bummer. I finally just teleported to Edan right after giving him my 3 parts and he was standing near Jora when I arrived. i guess he can teleport too, though he doesn't seem to have an adjutor.

Like I said, you don’t understand role playing obviously, so I’ll leave it at that.

Yes, I'm pretty convinced you'd much prefer it if you didn't ever have to elaborate on anything you ever have to say... and that you're much more comfortable just laying insults instead. Yup, got that crystal clear.

With you, yes, it is pointless.

I don't like to argue and re-explain, and go around in circles with you. I know you like to argue for sake of arguing, which is a big waste of my time and everyone else's who is reading this thread for first impressions, not your pointless expositions.

I don't like to argue and re-explain, and go around in circles with you.

Re-explain? You haven't explained anything, that's why you're still in conversation with me. That's why you're delighting in keep replying to me, it's just another chance to fog your nonsense and lay down another killer one-liner isn't it...

Thrasher and lackblogger sitting in a tree.....

Yeah, I thought the domed city was pretty cool. I just wish it had been a little larger. It's kind of small compared to the other settlements in the game.

IGN has 9 million subscribers I think, so yeah, I definitely agree. They have more power than they should IMO, in that it's weird to me that in 2017 people still follow sites like IGN and rely on them. It feels like it should be a very antiquated thing by now, what with access to user reviews, Steam refunds, etc..

Same theory as why there are 100's of sources for info out there and yet people still get their world outlook views from facebook.

Its easy.

Back
Top Bottom