Morrowind - Free until March 31st

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Bethesda are giving the game away free until March 31st on Bethesda.net.

Get Morrowind free for PC

Get The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind through Sunday, March 31st. Log-in to Bethesda.net or create an account and redeem a free copy for PC using the code TES25TH-MORROWIND
More information.

I wanted to have a CD-less version so I 'redeemed' it. However, I cannot seem to be able to launch the Bethesda Launcher on Windows 7; it just gives me a black screen. It's apparently an issue some people have been having for months and for some of those there are no solutions. (No proposals have worked for me too.)

So, is there any way to download the game without the Launcher?

I wanted to have a CD-less version so I 'redeemed' it. However, I cannot seem to be able to launch the Bethesda Launcher on Windows 7; it just gives me a black screen. It's apparently an issue some people have been having for months and for some of those there are no solutions. (No proposals have worked for me too.)

So, is there any way to download the game without the Launcher?

Just tried to install the launcher and got the same issue. I'm also on Windows 7. Maybe if you know someone with windows 10 you can get a copy from them?

Just tried to install the launcher and got the same issue. I'm also on Windows 7. Maybe if you know someone with windows 10 you can get a copy from them?
Well, I just checked the Bethesda forums and it seems it's a very common issue. My guess is that there's something very wrong with the service at this particular moment. I will try tomorrow…

edit: 'Partial System Outage', https://bethesda.net/en/status

That'd be win10 or beth launcher?

Both? Thought so... :evilgrin:

Unlike most people here i didn't really like the game when i had the boxed version and I have no intention of installing their client. However, for those of you who don't mind - enjoy !

CD drives are on the path of the dodo, so I thought this would be nice to have. But another launcher from Bethesda? Ugh.... put it on Steam for free Beth.

CD drives are on the path of the dodo, so I thought this would be nice to have. But another launcher from Bethesda? Ugh…. put it on Steam for free Beth.
You can do what I eventually did: download the game once during the launcher, then purge the launcher and either run the game without it or use OpenMW on linux (I chose that option and I can confirm it works and offers a few technical improvements out of the box, but no shadows; or maybe I can't enable them.)

Very mediocre game -- though yes, arguably the best Elder Scrolls game -- so they'll have to do better to make me sign up.

Tempting, but I think I'll just stick to my GotY dvd release. I haven't tested the game in years though, so the compatibility issues may still remain.

I installed it and it ran fine on Win10...something. However, I just can't go back to those graphics even with the graphics extender. I'll have to wait for Skywind and Skyblivion or whatever they're called. I am playing Oblivion with a ton of graphic options and it's okay. Still not as purty as Skyrim with SKSE and mods.

Back
Top Bottom