Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Free to Keep until May 1st - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Free to Keep until May 1st

Default Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Free to Keep until May 1st

April 28th, 2020, 00:16
DSOGaming reports that Total War: SHOGUN 2 is free to keep until May 1st on Steam.

SEGA has announced that Total War: SHOGUN 2 is free to own on Steam. From today and until May 1st, PC gamers can visit the game's Steam store page and acquire their free copy. As said, this is a free to own offer, meaning that you will be able to keep the game yours forever.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 03:01
Cool… grabbed it. Was never really a Total War fan but recently played Warhammer 2 and enjoyed it. This one is supposed to be really good as well. Can't argue with free.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 03:59
You can also get Alien Isolation for a buck or two, depending on your currency which is a really good deal (95% off).
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 08:11
Thank you for the heads up. I somewhat enjoyed Shogun Total War 1 back when that was released.

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 09:58
I think is yours to keep. You can download it up until 1 of May

akarthis

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 13:20
Nice! I grabbed it too, to complete my Total War colelction
Although I'm a fan of the series, this game didn't really appeal to me…. maybe the factions were not diverse enough.

Odrid

Watcher

April 28th, 2020, 16:02
Nice, I'd like thi… oh, it is STEAM only!

Thanks, but NO thanks.
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 28th, 2020, 16:39
I'm not a fan of the Total Wars games. Don't get me wrong, they are good. I would love them if they were turn-based. There was a fantasy game just like that 20 years ago which I loved to death, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name…

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

April 28th, 2020, 17:50
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
I'm not a fan of the Total Wars games. Don't get me wrong, they are good. I would love them if they were turn-based. There was a fantasy game just like that 20 years ago which I loved to death, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name…
Warhammer: Dark Omen maybe? Released in 1998. I think was real-time though.

Zaphod

Watcher

+1:

April 28th, 2020, 18:16
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
It's the second game in the series, Shadow of the Horned Rat (1995) being the first one.

Ivanwah

Keeper of the Watch

April 28th, 2020, 18:34
I felt exactly the same way but tried Warhammer 2 on a free weekend recently and really enjoyed it. The fantasy angle, the strategic layer and character leveling up are so good that I'm able to overlook the real-time battles… though you can pause in battle to issue orders whenever you want and for me, the battles play out slowly enough that I still enjoyed them.

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

April 28th, 2020, 22:41
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the Warhammer games. I think it was something like Demon Wars, but I can't find anything under that name.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 28th, 2020, 22:44
Originally Posted by SSIGuy View Post
I felt exactly the same way but tried Warhammer 2 on a free weekend recently and really enjoyed it. The fantasy angle, the strategic layer and character leveling up are so good that I'm able to overlook the real-time battles… though you can pause in battle to issue orders whenever you want and for me, the battles play out slowly enough that I still enjoyed them.
I gave Total Warhammer 1 a try, but the battles were a mess even with pause. I should give it a serious try again at some point since I have both of them in my library. Maybe during a long Christmas holiday. But I guess this year it will be Cyberpunk, Vampires and RogueTech for me.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 28th, 2020, 23:32
I gave Total Warhammer 1 a try, but the battles were a mess even with pause. I should give it a serious try again at some point since I have both of them in my library. Maybe during a long Christmas holiday. But I guess this year it will be Cyberpunk, Vampires and RogueTech for me.
Well, as someone who wishes there were more tbs fantasy 4x games coming out these days, this is scratching that itch better than most options (most options being older games I've already played to death).

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

+1:

April 29th, 2020, 14:14
May it was one of the Demonworld games?
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 29th, 2020, 19:46
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
May it was one of the Demonworld games?
YES! That was it! Great games back then. Dunno how they would hold up today.
Man, how many hours did I invest into this. Was great to see your troops become veterans over the course of the missions. Basically it was turn-based Total Warhammer.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Free to Keep until May 1st