Cyberpunk 2077 - New Gameplay @ PC Gamer

Am I the only that is not impressed? It looks like a typical cyberpunk open world FPS...Where are the fucking RPG elements, Where are the massive dialogue trees? Is this game gonna be a "cinematic" FPS? Where's the overall "RPG" gameplay and feeling? Even the graphics look "typical", just ok but nothing extraordinary as many people like to believe. It's definitely a no buy day 1 for me. I'll wait to see how this goes and if it's worth it then I'll buy it, I'm not a blind sheep.

Based on the first minute of the video, the game is a pathetic driving timewaster.
Couldn't watch more of that rubbish.
Am I the only that is not impressed?
You're not the only one, I hate GTA boredom and PC Gamer shown the boredom.

It looks like a typical cyberpunk open world FPS…

There are so many to compare it to!

I'm not a blind sheep.

I like how it's never enough to make a personal decision not to be excited for something a lot of other people are excited for. You also have to justify it by calling those people sheep.

"Fucking RPG elements" are there in the form of skills, perks, attributes, progression therein, multiple life paths, multiple ways to go through quests, people to talk to, modifications to equipment, a non-linear world to explore… I could go on, but from your barking I'm pretty sure you asked a rhetorical question and your mind is made up.

Were the Witcher games not RPGs? Because they didn't have endless dialogue options either. A lot of the time they had none, or binary choices.

I think you saw it was first person and decided then and there that your role was to be to rail against it. Have a good time doing that.

Last edited:
Based on the first minute of the video, the game is a pathetic driving timewaster.
Couldn't watch more of that rubbish.

You're not the only one, I hate GTA boredom and PC Gamer shown the boredom.

I would play a hundred more GTA games before I played another 10 hours of those interminable Trails of Cold Steel games you love so much. Too each his own.

Looks fun and well made to me. Very well made from what was shown and immersive. That being said I really prefer the ability to toggle in and out of first/third person so while I plan on getting it I am in no rush. Will be a game to enjoy when there isn't much else to play.

I would play a hundred more GTA games before I played another 10 hours of those interminable Trails of Cold Steel games you love so much. Too each his own.

This is a RPG site tho. "Trials of Cold Steel" games are RPG games, whether you like them or not. I don't think anybody comes here to hype up games like GTA, FIFA or DOOM. I guess RPG fans can just stop visiting, though, if this is "to each their own".

But hey, maybe in next FIFA there is a story mode where you can equip your players with better boots as you progress in your career to get accuracy and speed boosts, and to some of you it'll already fill into the RPG cathegory, so we can also hype it up here.

This is a RPG site tho. I didn't sign up to talk about GTA or FIFA. I guess RPG fans can just stop visiting, though, if this is "to each their own".

I didn't say Cyberpunk looked like GTA. That's a lazy comparison you and Joxer are making. I expect to talk about Cyberpunk 2077 on this site because it is, in fact, an RPG.

It must be hard to have opposition defiance disorder and arrested development for the people that bark and whine without even knowing what a game is like that isn't even released. Frankly it's the reason I come to this site daily and support it financially but rarely post - there are too many that simply complain and throw tantrums b/c somehow they seem to feel it makes them 'purist' (??? I guess ????).

I'm fairly excited and in the areas I'm not I'll wait until release and see what is real instead of what is imaginary in my head so I can sneer and swear and pretend I know what I'm talking about. CD Projekt has clearly earned its right to be taken seriously and given a chance and a thorough viewing.

Yeah, could still be great if the city is really interesting and alive, with loads of involving stories. If that's right, I'll love driving around and exploring. GTA games are great achievements in many ways, I just don't find the content very engaging.

I didn't say Cyberpunk looked like GTA. That's a lazy comparison you and Joxer are making. I expect to talk about Cyberpunk 2077 on this site because it is, in fact, an RPG.
I concur. :nod:

It plays like GTA but has heavy RPG elements it's an RPG. Just not your typical Elder Scrolls clone that many love to play. The journalist's talk about this many times.
Yeah, could still be great if the city is really interesting and alive, with loads of involving stories. If that's right, I'll love driving around and exploring. GTA games are great achievements in many ways, I just don't find the content very engaging.
The demo had plenty of content that showed how each quest can finished, and how interactive the world is. It's basically an open city full of quests and side quests.

Problem is we wont see the demo footage till a month or so based on last time.
I'll take a 100 of each as I love both. Like you said tastes differ.:)

I'm totally open-minded on it - great potential, but certain things that aren't doing it for me, so far.

Whenever there's a big release, there's always people that get weirdly frustrated and emotive about it all. Never really understood it.

To me it pretty much looks like the greatest game ever.

There are so many compare it to!

I like how it's never enough to make a personal decision not to be excited for something a lot of other people are excited for. You also have to justify it by calling those people sheep.

"Fucking RPG elements" are there in the form of skills, perks, attributes, progression therein, multiple life paths, multiple ways to go through quests, people to talk to, modifications to equipment, a non-linear world to explore… I could go on, but from your barking I'm pretty sure you asked a rhetorical question and your mind is made up.

Were the Witcher games not RPGs? Because they didn't have endless dialogue options either. A lot of the time they had none, or binary choices.

I think you saw it was first person and decided then and there that your role was to be to rail against it. Have a good time doing that.

If the witcher is the protype example for RPG's for you then sure enjoy your "RPG". Skills are the norm nowadays in most action open world games, nothing to write about. When I said sheep I'm not calling others sheep, I'm talking for myself. I'm definitely not a sheep to buy it blindly in day one as others will do. I'll wait and see how it goes and if it worth it then I'll buy it. For now I'm not much impressed.

I could be horribly, tragically mistaken, but I expect the tone of the stories in CP2077 to vary pretty dramatically. GTA NPCs all tend to be various flavors of crazy criminal, and we know we'll get that in Cyberpunk because that's part of what Cyberpunk the genre is about and because we've already seen that, but I expect there will be a wide range of folks with a wide range of stories to go along with them.

I’m not 100% sure yet but the more I see the more I think I’ll probably pass. The detective brain dancer stuff sounds pretty boring to me. I didn’t really care for detective parts of the Witcher or Batman game either. I don’t care for FPP or driving either. I hope they at least seamlessly swap between controller and K&M so i can grab my controller to drive and use K&M for everything else if I do get it.

I’ve never played GTA so I don’t know if they’re similar beyond looks, but of the 4 videos I watched I heard a number of comparisons to GTA so something is making people think that. I also heard a comparison to DX:HR a game I finished twice. I enjoyed using stealth and systematically taking down enemies with stealth attacks and headshots so if the game supports playing that way I may find enough enjoyment to play it.

I was a little disappointed in the city. It was definitely detailed and had a lot of people but nothing was really happening. They were just walking around or standing around smoking. I assume the final game will have much more going on. I hope things are happening dynamically though and it’s not a situation were nothing happens until the PC comes and triggers it. Well at least makes me feel that way anyway.

At the end of the day I’m a combat person. I play games for the combat mainly, not watching brain dancing videos, driving around, engaging in long dialogues, hacking etc. the game actual reminds me quite a bit of watch dogs. A game I enjoyed messing around in for about 10 hours before putting it down and never returning. So while it looks like it will be a good game for the appropriate audience it doesn’t look like something for me.

Couple other things I found weird was their focus on immersion and then having HP #’s pop out of enemies when you shoot them. Then having very customizable characters in a FP game. Maybe they will have a bunch of mirrors so my appearance is noticeable.

If the witcher is the protype example for RPG's for you then sure enjoy your "RPG".

Do you know what prototype means? Obviously the Witcher isn't a prototype of anything, having come long after many other computer RPGs. But they are indeed an RPG to me (and millions of other people), and very good ones. And thank you, I believe I will enjoy Cyberpunk.

Do you know what prototype means? Obviously the Witcher isn't a prototype of anything, having come long after many other computer RPGs. But they are indeed an RPG to me (and millions of other people), and very good ones. And thank you, I believe I will enjoy Cyberpunk.

Good for you but allow me to have my doubts for what we saw. Thanks.

I think he means "model". I liked the Witcher a lot mostly because of the writing, although combat sucked in general despite all the "RPG elements". It did help a lot that the game was based on best-selling books, of course.

It's really not about being a purist, it's just sickening how any kind of game gets slapped gear slots and stat growth and it gets automatically called a RPG. That's not what a RPG is, and sure Cyberpunk 2077 might still be a decent RPG as we don't know a lot of things about it, but it plays like a driver/shooter with "RPG elements".

To me, it's as I said earlier, if you slap gear slots and stat growth in a football game, it's still a football game, and I don't mind talking about it, because games like Red Dead Redemption or Half Life are excellent games without the need of being RPGs. But again, some of us come here to hear and talk about RPGs, not about driver/shooters or football games with gear slots and stat growth slapped into them.

I'm also not saying you can't talk about it or hype it, that's neither my place or responsibility. There's just three million sites to talk and hype Cyberpunk2077 and not that many to talk and hype about proper RPGs, and if the more niche sites also fall into the mainstream, that'll be a bad day for RPG fans. But again, not my call, I just go where I think it's worth my time, and posts about Cyberpunk surely will get a ton more hits than "Trails of Cold Steel", so there is that.

Back
Top Bottom