Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Patch 82.8193.20 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Patch 82.8193.20

Default Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Patch 82.8193.20

December 15th, 2020, 21:31
Lucky Day reports that the new Neverwinter Nights:EE patch includes a ton of fixes, nwsync optimization, content updates, and more rendering improvements. The New scripting function SetCurrentHitPoints allows you to set hit points on objects bypassing the need to fully heal and damage them which doesn't always work.

For more details -> look here.

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)

December 15th, 2020, 22:40
Looks like I'll be updating the GOG version once again.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

December 15th, 2020, 23:01
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Lucky Day reports that the new Neverwinter Nights:EE patch includes a ton of fixes, nwsync optimization, content updates, and more rendering improvements. The New scripting function SetCurrentHitPoints allows you to set hit points on objects bypassing the need to fully heal and damage them which doesn't always work.

For more details -> look here.

More information.
Believe it or not: I'm still at 78.8186.1 because for me everything higher crashes upon startup.
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 18th, 2020, 18:15
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
Believe it or not: I'm still at 78.8186.1 because for me everything higher crashes upon startup.
You ever figure out what your issues were? Beamdog are slow to get patches to Gog and even their own, non-DRM version always focusing on Steam first so, for obvious reasons, you aren't running that one.

What are your hardware specs?
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 01:15
For anyone who still enjoys playing NWN modules, a new version of A Dance with Rogues was just recently posted to the vault. It's especially designed for the EE but I've been playing it w/ NWN Diamond and it's really good, lots of changes beyond visual tweaks.

Note: this mod has a lot of adult content, but much of it is optional / avoidable.

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 01:41
The spin-off mod that allows you to play as a male called A Dance with Spies is better in my opinion. That mod keeps being updated with more content every year also.

Link - https://neverwintervault.org/project…developer-zone
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 21:17
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
You ever figure out what your issues were? Beamdog are slow to get patches to Gog and even their own, non-DRM version always focusing on Steam first so, for obvious reasons, you aren't running that one.

What are your hardware specs?
Nice of you to answer.

Well, my current machine is ancient. I have a new one nearly ready, I just have to install the CPU fan and install the optical drives. I hope I'll get that one done until new years eve. Its a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, GTX1070

My ancient current system is a QX6850@3.08MHz, 4GB RAM, GTX580 (3GB version).
--
blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
Bothka:
Ihr habt solche DRM Shops groß gemacht, indem ihr Steam als Vorreiter groß gemacht habt. Ihr könnt also mal alle gepflegt die Gusch' halten.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2020, 01:31
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
Nice of you to answer.

Well, my current machine is ancient. I have a new one nearly ready, I just have to install the CPU fan and install the optical drives. I hope I'll get that one done until new years eve. Its a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, GTX1070

My ancient current system is a QX6850@3.08MHz, 4GB RAM, GTX580 (3GB version).
Man that ticks me off reading you still run at gtx580. I used to own a 1.5gb ver of it and then owned a tgx670.. Both went bad on me over time. Really wished they still worked.

oops meant 570.. then 670..

jd

Watchdog

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2020, 18:55
Just updated to this latest patch. 1.2gb, holy crap, that's a lot of patching for a game that originally only required 2gb of space when it was released in 2002!

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2020, 20:56
For those who are tempted but undecided, Neverwinter Nights: EE is 50% off on Steam (it was already -50% on GOG).

I was tempted to grab it on GOG, but Beamdog only provides betas on Steam, at least for Baldur's Gate…

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

December 25th, 2020, 19:08
they update Gog but it takes time. If you have Diamond already there you also get all the addons it had. That said, I'd still stick with Steam. They update Steam before they even do their own.

I just found out there's a Linux bug for .20.1 where .16 still works. .16 was the last stable version. So, they're working it.

And yes, I said .20.1 - there was a hotfix for .20
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter Nights: EE - New Patch 82.8193.20