Diablo 4 - Full Diablo Presentation @Blizzcon

I never played Hellfire, but I just installed the GOG version of Diablo+Hellfire.

Question: Is the Monk class from Hellfire not playable in Diablo? For some reason, I thought having the expansion installed would also make that class available in the base game.

I don't think so - it is only available when you choose the expansion to play (unlike Diablo 2 where the new classes are made available to the original game).

I played the Monk in my last playthrough, and while I finished and enjoyed Diablo I few times, I struggled in Hellfire. There is nice variety of levels and new monsters, NPCs, missions, gear runes and weapons, but it became very hard later on and I just gave up.

I'm pretty sure you can play the base game with the hellfire classes, in the sense that hellfire includes the base game levels.

What developers really do is commercials. The new cinematic is simply gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure you can play the base game with the hellfire classes, in the sense that hellfire includes the base game levels.

Yes that is true - you will be in the base game and Hellfire adds more areas, weapons, enemies, runes .. etc. But I found that the balancing of Hellfire was way off compared to Diablo, and enemies got hard very quickly (or I messed up my build!).

Thanks. I didn't realize Hellfire integrated into the main campaign in that way. I had always assumed it was a separate starting point.

It's weird to me that that's still a big deal to anyone at this point, but congrats to those people I guess. :)
If it's not a big deal to you that software companies insist on you pinging them when you're using their product, and incidentally collecting data about it, then how about them adding a completely unnecessary point of failure to the game?

Your internet could drop or slow down for any number of reasons, and then it's going to impact gameplay.

If it's not a big deal to you that software companies insist on you pinging them when you're using their product, and incidentally collecting data about it, then how about them adding a completely unnecessary point of failure to the game?

I'm not paranoid about things like that. :)

As far as your connection dropping, yes, that can potentially be an issue every so often. In my experience though, most games continue to play just fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom