What games are you playing now? - Page 678 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

March 17th, 2021, 17:22
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
I guess he expected to read you write about what you prefer from CK1 over CK2 or CK3?
Interesting. It's certainly a possibility. Though it's always difficult to really understand what people want when they post only one extremely vague line and then go nuts when you interpret it one of 10 billion ways.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 17:22
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
But it looks as one.
In what way?

lackblogger

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2021, 17:24
Would anyone here like to talk about their experiences with Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault as a response to my posts about Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault?

lackblogger

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2021, 17:24
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
I guess he expected to read you write about what you prefer from CK1 over CK2 or CK3?
Well, I was expecting an answer to a question rather than a smart ass response, but maybe lb wasn't in the mood that day. I didn't see a point in going down the line of why my question mattered.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 17:27
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
Well, I was expecting an answer to a question rather than a smart ass response, but maybe lb wasn't in the mood that day. I didn't see a point in going down the line of why my question mattered.
I answered your question. The fact that you interpreted it as a 'smart ass' response is immaterial to whether it was a response that answered your question.

It wasn't a smart ass response, it was a sincere and exact response that had a follow up question as to why you were asking such a banal and already answered question.

To which you are the one who is now not responding and being a 'smart ass' about it.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2021, 17:30
I'm still romping through Eredia, I've advanced the main story/quest a bit and I'm working some side quests now, hoping to see some gear as possible rewards for the quest themselves or maybe while exploring new areas. I continue to be very impressed with this game, and anything done by this person in the future will likely be seized by me immediately.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 17:41
Got burned out with Witcher 3 (currently in Toussaint) so that's on hold for the moment. I picked up an old playthrough of BG1:EE and am now in chapter 6. I never actually finished BG1.

Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Would anyone here like to talk about their experiences with Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault as a response to my posts about Crusader Kings 1 Deus Vault?
Not sure if you're deliberately misspelling it as some sort of joke, but it's "Deus Vult" (as in, "God wills it" in Latin, the battle cry of the crusaders), not "Deus Vault".
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 17:45
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
Not sure if you're deliberately misspelling it as some sort of joke, but it's "Deus Vult" (as in, "God wills it" in Latin, the battle cry of the crusaders), not "Deus Vault".
Ah yes, the guy who opened the discussion yesterday and then ignored the response has come back to point out a typo an infer something about a typo.

What a great day to be a forum user!

lackblogger

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2021, 18:20
dark souls 3

doing my first replay after the release back in 2016; replayed the first 2 as well before this one and coming after that, i feel this one is the worst of the trilogy, progression doesnt seem fun at all and a bit chaotic; also is the most linear out of all 3.
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

March 17th, 2021, 19:04
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Ah yes, the guy who opened the discussion yesterday and then ignored the response has come back to point out a typo an infer something about a typo.

What a great day to be a forum user!
The guy who opened the "discussion" didn't feel like the response warranted a response. You're funny though.
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 19:10
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
dark souls 3

doing my first replay after the release back in 2016; replayed the first 2 as well before this one and coming after that, i feel this one is the worst of the trilogy, progression doesnt seem fun at all and a bit chaotic; also is the most linear out of all 3.
This is exactly my feeling. I also thought that the difficulty is a bit higher than the other two. My personal favorite is DS2+DLC (not the Scholar of the First Sin, which I thought they messed up with enemy encounters and balancing), followed by Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 19:10
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
The guy who opened the "discussion" didn't feel like the response warranted a response. You're funny though.
And you're a patronising egotist

lackblogger

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2021, 19:17
Stop cluttering up this thread with passive aggressive wars of semantics.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

March 17th, 2021, 19:19
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
Stop cluttering up this thread with passive aggressive wars of semantics.
I know, it's amazing isn't it, you just never know which game is going to trigger the flip-out-of-the-day do you.

Apparently Crusader Kings 1 is a woodwork shaker, who'd'a'thunked!

lackblogger

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2021, 20:41
I'm playing Tyranny fler the first time. I'm surprised how much I enjoy it. I'm actually already considering replaying it to see what is different if I join the rebels.

I find the world and its magic system very well done and it feels somehow more real and believable than a lot of games I've played. I hope it keeps being good, though I've heard the ending is supposed to be a bit sudden and unsatisfying.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 20:47
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
I'm playing Tyranny fler the first time. I'm surprised how much I enjoy it. I'm actually already considering replaying it to see what is different if I join the rebels.

I find the world and its magic system very well done and it feels somehow more real and believable than a lot of games I've played. I hope it keeps being good, though I've heard the ending is supposed to be a bit sudden and unsatisfying.
I really enjoyed the game, but my challenge was the combat. I couldn't keep playing but I found the atmosphere and lore amazing. I really enjoyed that.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

March 17th, 2021, 20:52
I really enjoyed the game, but my challenge was the combat. I couldn't keep playing but I found the atmosphere and lore amazing. I really enjoyed that.
What didn't you like about the combat? Is it because it's RTwP, or did you just not like the way the encounters were designed? Just curious. I haven't played Tyranny yet, but it's on my list.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)

March 17th, 2021, 20:57
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
What didn't you like about the combat? Is it because it's RTwP, or did you just not like the way the encounters were designed? Just curious. I haven't played Tyranny yet, but it's on my list.
Well, I am not generally a fan of Rtwp, but I can manage it if the game really captures my attention in everything else. I played pathfinder kingmaker for 100 plus hours, I played through KOTOR 1 and 2 too.

But I feel like the combat doesnt feel tactical at all and just played very much on its own in normal difficulty.

It didn't seem to matter what I did, I just pressed skill 1, then skill 2,then cool down of skill 1 is finished so press it again.

To be honest, if you like Rtwp, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Original Sin Donor

+1:

March 17th, 2021, 21:03
Yes, it's also a problem for me. Battles are more tedious than fun. Maps are small with not enough exploration. Too much railroading.

The overall concept is pretty cool, original and enjoyable. It's rare to have so much "politic" in a rpg and it's great. But I also feel that the world-building behind the game is pretty shallow.

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

March 18th, 2021, 01:13
Desperados 3.

I discovered Shadow Tactics a couple of years back out of the blue. It doesn't surprise me that desperados 3 is from the same developer. It just breathes shadow tactics (graphics, mechanics, …), except it is in a western setting, and I'm loving it. I think they aren nailing the genre for today's audience and are doing most things, if not all, right. Fast loading and saving, mechanically very sound with the types of enemies, available skills, etc.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing things right by killing everyone. I mean, just crossing a square seems impossible without eliminating almost all guards. Perhaps I just need some practice…

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?