RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

@Pladio;, please check if it works now.

It works for me, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

I don't know Tapatalk software but could it be due to an outdated version? Perhaps you both Pladio and Myrthos should check the version you're using. (just a wild guess)

Today I just installed the latest version on the server, but I think I had that already. I did install the latest app on my phone though. That combination works.

Today I just installed the latest version on the server, but I think I had that already. I did install the latest app on my phone though. That combination works.
Thanks
Just ré installed and it's working.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

My scroll bar disappears sometimes. It just started happening recently, and it's only on this website. Latest version of Google Chrome.

My scroll bar disappears sometimes. It just started happening recently, and it's only on this website. Latest version of Google Chrome.
I've noticed the same issue but I had it on another website (Discord). You can resize your browser to get it back, just changing the width a bit then pressing ESC to get the original size back is enough.

I've noticed the same issue but I had it on another website (Discord). You can resize your browser to get it back, just changing the width a bit then pressing ESC to get the original size back is enough.

Are you referring to the zoom %?

I always use the mouse-wheel to scroll so I hadn't noticed.... but now that you said it... same is true for me.....

Are you referring to the zoom %?
No, I'm just dragging any edge with the mouse to resize the browser, that makes the scroll bar reappear. Optionally you can press ESC while doing so, to cancel and keep the original size. But indeed, if you press CTRL+mouse wheel back and forth to zoom in/out, it brings it back too.

It seems to disappear when I do this, for ex:
  • open the site rpgwatch.com (or click on the RPGWatch tower to get back to the main page if the site is already open)
  • click on FORUMS, or on DATABASE/Games (there might be other links)

=> scroll bar is gone

Sometimes you have to redo the 2 steps if that doesn't "work" the first time.

Yeah, resizing it does make the scroll bar reappear, but it's only temporary. It disappears again after clicking on a few links.

Are you all on chrome?

I see it happening on Chrome, but not in Firefox. I also can't reproduce it in Brave, which uses Chromium as its engine.
So, it looks like it is caused by a change that was made by Chrome recently.

I checked the known issues of Chromium before posting yesterday, and couldn't find this bug.

Not sure if they have a known issue page for Chrome, couldn't find any, but this problem has been reported multiple times on Internet over the past years (perhaps in different contexts).

was gonna post about that scroll bar, started happening since 2-3 days ago only on this site on chrome

Earlier I clicked on the wrong link because a forum button moved just when the scrollbar disappeared (the page is re-centered). :p

Most websites enumerate the same repair solutions, which of course don't apply here (reset config, disable extensions, reinstall or update Chrome, etc). A few mention the experimental "Overlay scrollbars" in chrome://flags/ but it didn't change anything for me (you may try, one never knows).

I tried to change the theme but it doesn't change anything.

I only have this on the forums/ pages and subsites (like usercp, search, …). Never on the main page, never on the database or the CRPG analyzer, staff members, … (checking with a small window to make sure there is a need for a scrollbar, of course).

I tried to compare the content of the forum page source, but there's too much for me to analyze.

Maybe this
Code:
<body id="bodychange";overflow-y: scroll;>
(or code in one of the included .js)

The scrollbar only disappears some time after the page is displayed, so it looks like something triggered with a delay, once everything is loaded, or something like that.

There are numerous search results when using: "chrome scroll bar disappears".
It appears to happen only on the forums, at least for me. I've tried some modifications, but it still happens.
I don't know if the proposed modifications to Chrome or Windows (from the search results) help in anyway, but if it is indeed the forum software, it looks like a pita to fix, so until we move to the new forums software you have to live with it. Or do tricks like a reload or pressing F11 twice, which will enforce getting the scroll bar back again.

Why do people not simply use a good browser. :lol: /jk
Seriously: Never had this scroll bar issue in Firefox.

Back
Top Bottom