Geneforge - Collection on Steam

Dhruin

SasqWatch
HOLY FREEHOLIES!!!! 15 bucks for 1 - 5???? Even without the sale, 19.99 is an amazing price for those games. I've never seen it that low before.

The Geneforge Collection is still 45 dollars over at Spiderweb Software.

Not really sure what's going on with all these price differences and don't really care anymore.

All I know is that Vogel has some of the best customer service I've ever encountered. I stupidly bought a game from him and sent it to the wrong address. I wrote an email explaining this. I was ready to pay full price again, but thought I might get a little discount since this would be the second time I bought it. He asked for the right address and sent me another. No hassle at all. Not even shipping costs. I even told him in the email that it was all my fault because I didn't write down the right number. That didn't matter. He just sent me another one.

Makes me feel kinda stupid because I was one of those flamers when he dropped the price for the iPad version of Avadon. Say what you want about his price points, but the man knows how to treat his customers.

If he wants to keep selling the games on his site for a higher price than the ones on Steam then he'll need a way to entice the customer with something that Steam doesn't offer. Maybe put in a printed manual or one of his cluebooks. That way at least it'll be a little different than the one on Steam and could easily be justified for a higher price.

I'm not knocking him at all with this, I just don't see why anyone would pay the higher price when they could get it from Steam for a fraction of the cost.

I guess at this time, the only reason would be to deliberately give him more money. "Patron of the Arts" kind of thing. I agree though, he could maybe concentrate on selling something like a "collectors edition" on his site.

Finally. I have never bought a Spiderweb game, but have always been interested in them with the huge price tag always holding me back.

Geez Louise, 16 bucks for them all?! Now that's a bargain! Don't even want to remember how much I paid for them back in the day (when even one of them costed more than 16 bucks). I might even buy them again via Steam now, so I can get rid of the CDs and registration keys.

Anyone interested in CRPGs (caveat: must be able stand archaic graphics and UIs) should get this collection. Now! Go get it. Shoo, don't hang around here. Go get it!!

Dhruin said:
Geneforge 1, 4 and 5 in particular are tremendous games
If memory serves, Geneforge 2 was good as well. It's only G3 which is sub-par, IMO. (It's been awhile, though.)

I tend to prefer to buy the games on CD to get a hard copy, but if I was buying download only I'd probably go with Steam.

I'd prefer this was on GOG so I could download it DRM free, but I will probably pull the trigger this weekend and purchase anyway.

Anyone interested in CRPGs (caveat: must be able stand archaic graphics and UIs) should get this collection. Now! Go get it. Shoo, don't hang around here. Go get it!!

I am waiting for the winter sale first. I waited on Avadon even though $10 was cheaper than his original price and ended up getting it for $5. Pretty sure this will go on sale at some point and the winter sale is just around the corner.

Yes, I am that cheap :p but in fairness I seriously doubt I will get around to playing them before the winter sale rolls around anyway.

Interesting: it's 15.99 Euros for me. Shouldn't the price be a bit lower if it's $15.99 for those who pay in $?

That assumes uniform pricing, which rarely seems to occur.

I picked it up. I dig the concept of Geneforge. I often try to play pet classes. The only thing that's stopped me from buying Geneforge in the past is half the text in the game is so damn small. I'm going to have to start teaching myself to make mods, so I can fix this problem for myself, as an increasing number of games are going with small text in rigid UIs. Haven't been able to find such a mod for Geneforge yet. Maybe now that' it's on Steam, someone will make one.

*looks around for Badmofo* :p

You may want to look into getting a bigger screen. I just checked the text on all of them, and it's plenty big enough to read easily on a 24" screen.

You may want to look into getting a bigger screen. I just checked the text on all of them, and it's plenty big enough to read easily on a 24" screen.

Yeah, that's a big screen you have there. :p

I'm on a 19" laptop. I need a laptop, because I travel a lot for work. I can read the text, though it's a bit of a struggle at times, which saps some of the fun out of it for me. I have an unusual vision problem, which makes this stuff harder for me than the average person.

Yeah, I have a 19" laptop for gaming too. It does pose some issues for small text. PS:T anyone? A case study in how too much reading can change the nature of a man. ;)

Sometimes I just give up the quality and play at a lower resolution though for readability.

Yeah, I have a 19" laptop for gaming too. It does pose some issues for small text. PS:T anyone? A case study in how too much reading can change the nature of a man. ;)

Sometimes I just give up the quality and play at a lower resolution though for readability.

Well, at least with PS:T you can fairly cleanly increase the font size :)

Geneforge 5 was pretty neat. I only played the demo though. Still, I'll pass until the inevitable xmas sale.

still overpriced imo
??? Just a hater of Geneforge I assume.

I payed $75 and got the CD a few months back. Oh well!

I'm playing on a 13.3 inch screen at 1366x768. The font size has never been an issue for me. Heck Geneforge 1-3 is 800x600 and with scaling its all looking pretty big for me. Avadon at native resolution was just fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom