The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Well, I TRed Fireflash. I still need to craft some GS stuff, but I can do that when I can actually use it. Elf Paladin, 16 STr, 14 CON, 16 CHA, rest split between INT and WIS. Skills are Concentration, UMD, and Heal. Feats are Dragonmark, THFx3, IC:Slash, PA, Extend. Debating sacrificing the capstone for two Fighter levels, which would allow for Emp Heal. But I'm not certain it would be necessary, experience tells me it's not.

Didn't see much in the way of need to respect after the update. None of mine anyway had the "you have 42 points to spend" message. I did tweak a few but was easy.

Necro stuff was not bad. End reward will be fixed soon I hope. Mobs in the explorer area are nasty and respawn way to fast. Use the teleport agent to go to quests unless you want to clear the area on the way. Running past mobs will start a red alert in a matter of min.

Could you replace the extend for empower healing when you hit the epic levels?

I see quite a few paladin builds with quicken instead of extend. I'm not sure you need it for the cure spells. Guess one can try without and if these spells are interrupted then quicken is needed. Maybe focus on the concentration skill is done to avoid having to take quicken.

Some people say that taking maximize could be better than empower healing since maximize works on all spells, not only healing spells. So if you get light spells at epic levels then these could do a lot more damage.

My new paladin (when I TR my level 25 half elf fighter) will be human and be something like: 17 STR, 16 CON, 16 CHA, 10 INT, 9 WIS and 8 DEX.

Skill focus on: heal, concentration, umd and later balance when the tomes set in.

Feats: PA, THF x3, IC slashing, maximize (or empower healing), quicken (or extend), cleave (for Legendary Dreadnought Momentum swing or Lay waste). Level 21 I take Overwhelming critical. If I don't twist in Momentum swing and Lay waste then I take something else than Cleave, like Toughness so I can take Epic toughness at level 24.

I will get the displacements from the GS clickies. Therefore I don't go for the Dragonmark.

I'm under no real pressure to TR Shadohe so I'll probably wait until the character planner is updated and maybe even until the update gets patched. I'm feeling pretty good about my dual dwarven axe kensai plan, but I'd still like to play with the character planner a bit just to see what's out there. Probably going to be a while before I have another toon in position to bring around.

If we end up with another TR wave, it would be nice for everyone to update their rosters in the other thread.

Dte, since you're so concerned about it, I have a wonderful idea :) why don't YOU update all the profiles for us!! :D

The character planner won't be completely updated soon (e. g. Harper tree). They are making a completely new planner with a different interface and it's some months away from being released.

Turbine have managed to mess up the LFM's. Now you can't immediately see the people who have already joined a pug LFM. All you see is the quest in the list.

If you go into the who tab and search people then the pug LFM's will show who have already joined. Not user friendly at all.

Some say the reason for this is to reduce the risk of loading to red. Earlier the game had to read all online players when logging. That was good for LFM's etc., but not for logging in. So Turbine have removed that functionality with the result of people not seeing the fill rate of LFM's unless they manually search all players.

Could you replace the extend for empower healing when you hit the epic levels?

I see quite a few paladin builds with quicken instead of extend. I'm not sure you need it for the cure spells. Guess one can try without and if these spells are interrupted then quicken is needed. Maybe focus on the concentration skill is done to avoid having to take quicken.

Some people say that taking maximize could be better than empower healing since maximize works on all spells, not only healing spells. So if you get light spells at epic levels then these could do a lot more damage.

I'm using Extend for Displacement (can't do that with clickies) and Divine Favor, so I probably won't swap it out. I'm not sure how far into the epics I'll get before Fireflash is either TRed or left sitting, so I don't plan much there, but most likely I'll be taking OC and Quicken at 21 and 24 respectively. I doubt I'll push beyond that outside of a group effort.

Which theoretically a high concentration will allow for spellcasting, experience shows that it can't go high enough to meet the damage thresholds in EH, much less EE. So Quicken will almost be required. This is why I am playing loose with the build and thinking of tossing in two Fighter levels, so I can add in Quicken earlier, and maybe Empower Healing.

While Empower Healing isn't as strong as Maximize, it also costs less to use. Also, Paladins don't get any offensive spells affected my metamagics outside of off-ED's, so I'm not certain it's really needed.

Here is my attempt of the new paladin build I want to try out:
Code:
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.23.01[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]Karl Peter Aspenstein - human[/U][/B]
Level 28 Lawful Good Human Male
(20 Paladin \ 8 Epic) 
Hit Points: 540
Spell Points: 408 
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 26
Reflex: 16
Will: 17

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 28)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Strength             17                    30
Dexterity             8                    13
Constitution         16                    21
Intelligence         10                    15
Wisdom                9                    14
Charisma             16                    26[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 19
+5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 19
+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
+5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 19
+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 19
+5 Tome of Charisma used at level 19
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 28)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=navy]Balance              -1                    18
Bluff                 3                    16
Concentration         7                    36
Diplomacy             3                    17
Disable Device        n/a                  n/a
Haggle                3                    16
Heal                  3                    33
Hide                 -1                     9
Intimidate            3                    16
Jump                  3                    18
Listen               -1                    10
Move Silently        -1                     9
Open Lock            n/a                    n/a
Perform               n/a                  n/a
Repair                0                    10
Search                0                    10
Spellcraft            0                    10
Spot                 -1                    10
Swim                  3                    18
Tumble               n/a                    n/a
Use Magic Device      5                    27
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Toughness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Human Bonus) Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Slayer of Evil I (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Holy Bastion (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Smite (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Smite (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 3)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Power Attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Courage of Heaven (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Turning (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Attack Boost (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Durable Defense (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Exalted Cleave (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Exalted Cleave (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Exalted Cleave (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Defense (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 2)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Slayer of Evil II (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Exalted Smite (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Durable Defense (Rank 2)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Exalted Smite (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Exalted Smite (Rank 3)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 8 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Human Adaptability: Strength (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 9 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Vigor of Life (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Empowered Smite (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Divine Righteousness (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Durable Defense (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Resilient Defense (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Resilient Defense (Rank 2)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 11 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Strong Defense (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Strong Defense (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Strong Defense (Rank 3)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 12 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Improved Courage of Heaven (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Resilient Defense (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Charisma (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Redemption (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Armor Mastery (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Armor Mastery (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Armor Mastery (Rank 3)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Vigor of Life (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 15 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Empower Healing Spell[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Sacrifice (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Avenging Cleave (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Avenging Cleave (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Avenging Cleave (Rank 3)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Holy Retribution (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Holy Retribution (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Holy Retribution (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Tenacious Defense (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Strength (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 2)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 18 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Cleave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Slayer of Evil III (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Tenacious Defense (Rank 2)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Sealed Life (Rank 1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Paladin)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 3)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Champion of Good (Rank 1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=dimgray]Enhancement:[/COLOR] [COLOR=navy]Sacred Defender (Pal) - Tenacious Defense (Rank 3)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 21 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 22 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 23 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 24 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Epic: Epic Toughness[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 25 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 26 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 27 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Selected) Epic: Epic Damage Reduction[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 28 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=dodgerblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=navy](Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: First Blood[/COLOR]

As far as the lfm goes, you don't even have to do a search, just change to that tab then change back. Lfm will then populate.

Fortunately, I have no intention of ever using LFM!! :)

It is true and while not huge, it will take a few min to get.

We have the guild vault with 4 chests. What goes in what chest is in the guild message. Don't think it is safe to swap the bash room in for the vault, afraid we might end up loosing items out of the chests, so use farshifter room, grab your buff, then put him back. If he is not down there, no access to him from navigator.

Guild Join Request

I play Vannz on Khyber and I'd like to join the guild.

I will have you and Vannz in guild in a few minutes.

Might be short-timing a bit tomorrow. Anyone know if we've got a full house?

Back
Top Bottom