Blizzard - New Diablo Game Coming

I play mostly smaller games and older ones. It's still good for our hobby to have some of these bigger companies and franchises. It gets younger kids playing and as they get older maybe they will make better games.

Good lord kid! The amount of bullshit that comes out of you is impressive.

Whatever, you have no idea what you are talking about and cannot even be consisent in your arguments, so you keep on believing whatever BS you currently believe, and I stop trying to educate you as I might as well try with a snail. The probability I succeed is higher there.

Yeesh, people arguing who likes a better slot machine. :)

Kid, you might want to work on just mastering English before you go about trying to educate anyone. :)

My English is fine, at most I maybe do not use terms you would sometimes, so what. Your thinking is all screwed up, not a rational thought in sight. Guess what is worse.

If you cannot attack me on content, you do on the wording. Pathetic.

I am done here, have already wasted too much time on you.

Last edited:
I am done here, have already wasted too much time on you.

Funny, you've said that 3 times now and yet you keep reappearing. It's amusing that you would use personal insults in your own posts but then roll over and play victim when someone ribs you a little.

At least be sincere this time and stay gone. ;)

Care to bet on that? :)

Regardless of what we might think of D3, Blizzard's next game will still probably sell like hotcakes.
Depends on what numbers you think hotcakes are. Yea they will sell a few million for sure, maybe even 10 million, but unless it not more of the same next Diablo game has no chance to sell 30 million again.

Yea they will sell a few million for sure, maybe even 10 million, but unless it not more of the same next Diablo game has no chance to sell 30 million again.

I would not count on it, people are notoriously bad at this. The marketing hype will get them again, they will give Blizz the benefit of the doubt and hope that Blizz learned the right lessons from D3, etc. and end up buying D4.

If D4 disappoints again, then maybe some have learned by D5. Most will probably have learned by D6 at the earliest however, hope dies last - assuming the series keeps disappointing with D4 and D5.

I’d be really surprised if D4 sold below 10M copies by itself (not counting expansion)

I would not count on it, people are notoriously bad at this. The marketing hype will get them again, they will give Blizz the benefit of the doubt and hope that Blizz learned the right lessons from D3, etc. and end up buying D4.

If D4 disappoints again, then maybe some have learned by D5. Most will probably have learned by D6 at the earliest however, hope dies last - assuming the series keeps disappointing with D4 and D5.

I’d be really surprised if D4 sold below 10M copies by itself (not counting expansion)
I think at least the preorders will be way way less. More people will wait for reviews.

I hope they have learned something from their mistakes. All lucky that is the Path of Exile. I'd rather play PoE 2 than Diablo 4
There is a great balance and continuous inflow of new players to the local PoE community in the path of Exile. Thanks to this, players can exchange information and insights about changes taking place in the world around us. Pleasant experience and safety as well as friendships and the guiding of minority rights. An interesting change is also the orbs system in which orb is also a path of exile item and you can buy it along with other such items.
The most important thing is to one day buy a Path of Exile and not play it, and then buy currency buy PoE Currency

Last edited:
Here's hoping D4 or whatever this is - is a little more bold in terms of vision and design than their last few games.

I've sort of grown a little tired of the isometric Diablo clone.

Games like Hellgate, Warframe, Division, Destiny and others have aptly demonstrated a much more visceral and engaging moment-to-moment gameplay experience.

What some of those games tend to lack is the depth of systems and the wealth of toys.

I'm eagerly awaiting the successful merger of the more in-depth ARPG and the modern looter shooter.

Warframe came closer, but is ultimately a very barren and meaningless experience - unless you adore grinding for the sake of grinding.

I'm more into bespoke content and games that actually end at some point.

Division 2 and Anthem could be the next step, but they don't strike me as games taking the concept far enough at all.

I've sort of grown a little tired of the isometric Diablo clone.

Games like Hellgate, Warframe, Division, Destiny and others have aptly demonstrated a much more visceral and engaging moment-to-moment gameplay experience.

What some of those games tend to lack is the depth of systems and the wealth of toys.

I'm eagerly awaiting the successful merger of the more in-depth ARPG and the modern looter shooter.

Warframe came closer, but is ultimately a very barren and meaningless experience - unless you adore grinding for the sake of grinding.

I'm more into bespoke content and games that actually end at some point.

Division 2 and Anthem could be the next step, but they don't strike me as games taking the concept far enough at all.

You mean as an evolution of what Hellgate: London tried to do? I haven't tried the others you mentioned, but it would make sense to move in that direction, though I suspect the recent success of Fortnite and PUGB might lead a lot of games down that path instead, even if they were originally going for something more interesting.

Edit: I should mention that I don't actually think they'll be successful. Fortnite has become a phenomenon, much like WoW was back in the days, so shoe-horning in certain features or gameplay that Fortnite has will likely just result in a fiasco.

You mean as an evolution of what Hellgate: London tried to do? I haven't tried the others you mentioned, but it would make sense to move in that direction, though I suspect the recent success of Fortnite and PUGB might lead a lot of games down that path instead, even if they were originally going for something more interesting.

Edit: I should mention that I don't actually think they'll be successful. Fortnite has become a phenomenon, much like WoW was back in the days, so shoe-horning in certain features or gameplay that Fortnite has will likely just result in a fiasco.

Haven't played much of Fortnite - but I understand it's primarily focused on the Battle Royale stuff?

To me, Fortnite smacks of being a business decision. As in, some suits wanted a hit and some submissive developers came up with a variation of what we've already seen a million times and went all WoW on it. As in, mainstreaming it even further and making it look and play as accessible as possible - including not being too demanding on the hardware.

Am I close? :)

Yes, Hellgate London was the first Diablo clone to take it to the next level in terms of combat and visceral gameplay on top of the progression formula.

Ironically, I still think it's the best out of all of them. This includes Borderlands, Division, Destiny, Monster Hunter and all those other similar loot/progression oriented shooters.

Haven't played much of Fortnite - but I understand it's primarily focused on the Battle Royale stuff?

To me, Fortnite smacks of being a business decision. As in, some suits wanted a hit and some submissive developers came up with a variation of what we've already seen a million times and went all WoW on it. As in, mainstreaming it even further and making it look and play as accessible as possible - including not being too demanding on the hardware.

Am I close? :)

I honestly don't know, as I have never played it, but such a phenomenon is likely to breed more such games as the suits will see its financial success and want to copy it, which means we might get a bunch of clones or games which seek to emulate certain aspects. However, like WoW, I think it's going to be hard to replicate.

I honestly don't know, as I have never played it, but such a phenomenon is likely to breed more such games as the suits will see its financial success and want to copy it, which means we might get a bunch of clones or games which seek to emulate certain aspects. However, like WoW, I think it's going to be hard to replicate.

Yeah, I was delightfully oblivious to the whole Battle Royale craze until some friends of mine demonstrated PUBG for me.

I just sat there and wondered what the appeal was.

I guess it doesn't help that I lost my competitive side after WoW :)

To me, it's just yet another MOBA/Survival type fad that needs to exhaust itself.

Then again, we'll just get another craze that I'm not into afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom