Hero's Song - Cancelled

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Pixelmage Games is shutting down and the development on Hero's Song has been cancelled:

Hello Hero's Song Players,

It's with a heavy heart that I have to report that Pixelmage Games is going to be shutting down and we have ceased development on Hero's Song. For the last year, our team has worked tirelessly to make the game we've dreamed about making, and with your support, and the support of our investors, we were able to get the game into Early Access. Unfortunately sales fell short of what we needed to continue development. We knew going in that most startups don't make it, and as an indie game studio we hoped we would be the exception to that rule, but as it turned out we weren't.

We sincerely value our customers. You’re our most important focus and have been from day one. We’re going to offer 100% refunds to all of the people who bought Hero’s Song.

For our Indiegogo customers, please email refunds@pixelmagegames.com with your name and information about which one of the packages you bought so we can make sure you get your money back. Our team will respond to confirm we received your email and we'll make sure you get your refund quickly.

For players that purchased via Steam you will be able to claim your refund through the normal Steam refund process. Go to https://help.steampowered.com and you can get your refund right away.

Thank you for all the support you showed us. We're sorry things worked out the way they did, but we feel strongly that we gave it our all and we're proud of how far we came with the game. The fact that we weren't able to finish the game is painful, but the journey of making Hero's Song has been a great experience for us and we’re just sorry we couldn’t take it all the way.

Thank You,

The Hero's Song team
More information.

Dissappointed in this as it was turning out pretty good....

this was one of those "let's wait and see when it's out of ea" well, looks like i won't...

I have been waiting for the "right away refund" for 24 hours.

I did want them to finish the game but like a lot of Early access it isn't going to happen.At least they offered a refund

I got the refund shortly after I posted

Last edited:
Huh, I was looking forward to this game, great idea and I enjoyed what I played of it. Maybe they'll sell the current build to a more competent dev team to finish.

Sent in my refund request, but will see if they actually deliver.

Back
Top Bottom