|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Greedfall - Interview @Gamingbolt

Default Greedfall - Interview @Gamingbolt

July 3rd, 2018, 06:35
Gamingbolt interviewed the Lead Writer of Greedfall, Jehanne Rousseau.

With a game that is as focused on character development and narrative as this one is, writing obviously has to be top notched? How are you making sure that Greedfall doesnít disappoint in that area?

Itís a lot of trying and re-trying. We are working with some play-test groups that come and try the game. Of course, Focus Home Interactive, our publisher is helping us at this point. Working with some of the teams on their side to get a lot of different feedback on different skills: on the fighting, balance, but also on the different consequences. So, itís something we canít handle alone and we need some help. We need the publisher and the help of the players.

Itís been stated that characters in the game will react to you differently based on whether youíre more prone to using combat or stealth. Does that mean combat is always avoidable, if players should want to choose stealth instead? Are there boss fights in the game that can be avoided this way?

Itís not always stealth. We try to have different solutions to solve the quest. Stealth can be an option in one case, and combat can also be another option. Sometimes you can also bribe [your enemies], or you can have people change their point of view. Or in some case you can craft some items to exchange. Itís not always stealth or combat. Itís not a stealth game, there are plenty of different solutions. Weíre really letting the player decide how to handle the situations. Some combat [situations] wonít be avoidable, but we really want some quests to be solved in different ways. Youíll have to fight at some moments in the story, but itís not always the case. Itís not a bad solution to choose something else.

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 06:42
Anyone know it's release date yet? Late 2018-2019?
--
"One Vision. One Purpose. Peace Through Power."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

In the Name of Kane!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 08:26
Spiders? Aren't they the guys behind Technomancer - or am I remembering wrong?

If that's so, they have a lot of evolution to go through before I'll bother with another of their games.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 08:45
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
Spiders? Aren't they the guys behind Technomancer - or am I remembering wrong?

If that's so, they have a lot of evolution to go through before I'll bother with another of their games.
But why? Technomancer is rather decent experience, especially since the game isn't on AAA production level. It has it shortcomings, but story wise it's fine, and interesting C&C.

Simon

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 08:51
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
But why? Technomancer is rather decent experience, especially since the game isn't on AAA production level. It has it shortcomings, but story wise it's fine, and interesting C&C.
I found it exhaustively repetitive, like their first game. They re-use areas and side quest content over and over to fill the game out and prolong the experience.

Problem with that being that you can't really skip it - like you can in most games.

I actually rather enjoy their mechanics and the stories - but I can't stand the repetition.

To me, their games would be much better if they just focused on the meat - and cut half the side quests.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

July 3rd, 2018, 09:12
“the faction system was probably inspired by Fallout — not the last one.”

lol

TheSnarkyShaman

Watcher

July 3rd, 2018, 09:42
Aye, I agree. But given the fact that I got it for fiver on sale, I can't really complain too much, story was rather decent.

@Snarky, I wouldn't use last Fallout for any inspiration, even if you wish to inspire bad things, there are better games to get inspirations from

Simon

Traveler

July 3rd, 2018, 17:48
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
I found it exhaustively repetitive, like their first game. They re-use areas and side quest content
Greedfall should be much bigger than Technomancer with big open maps this time. So I dont think they will re-use areas again.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato
Anyone know it's release date yet? Late 2018-2019?

-------

One new preview:

http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/g…-fantasy-epic/

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

July 3rd, 2018, 17:49
@Farflame

Sounds good, will keep an eye out.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch