Archetype Entertainment - Wizards of the Coast Formed Studio

I'm afraid this game will be another real-time hack&slash junk along the lines of another earlier EPIC: Pillars of Eternal Degeneracy.

I'll hold off on the excitement until we actually know what they're aiming for. For all I know it could be a phone game with micro transactions, that's apparently where the money is at these days. And even if it's not it's not improbable it's a MP focused game, be it MMO or smaller scale.

Last edited:
An Expanse RPG or an Starfinder RPG would bei nice

Why would either of those be from WotC?

need to see a lot more to be excited, these guys have zero experience making games and it will all depend on who they hire.

Why would either of those be from WotC?

need to see a lot more to be excited, these guys have zero experience making games and it will all depend on who they hire.

100% this.
Don't forget WotC isn't its own entity. Its owned by Hasbro which is great in one perspective as they have very deep pockets. Given their unwillingness to spend anything significant from that pocket in the last 20 years makes me leery.

Fingers crossed whoever they hire makes a quality game, regardless of the setting.

They should buy Knights of the Chalice II. Get rid of the disks and get that game a proper schedule with deadlines ;)

Not a huge sci fi fan but I enjoyed Elex a good amount.

Right now I'd prefer other companies leaving the Knights of the Chalice series alone. The first one is so good I'd be concerned about the series being acquired by someone that would squander the potential.

Yes, the first thing that comes to my mind when I see the name D&D is all that Science Fiction lore... :D

Yes, just seems odd, a pity, and most of all a dumb business move to begin their studio working on a brand new IP when they have access to all the popular D&D properties… Unless there's some convoluted licensing stuff I don't know about where they have to pay some other company but I thought Hasbro / WotC fully owns the rights to all D&D IP. Makes absolutely no sense.

Robertson, meanwhile, comes from BioWare Austin, the studio EA established to create Star Wars: The Old Republic. According to Polygon, his most recent role involved heading up live services for Anthem, BioWare's poorly-received loot shooter. Robertson will manage the studio and act as its vice-president.
Boo go away man I hate you already.:p

I'm taking a wait see approach for this game, or in my words before meh.

Back
Top Bottom