Ensemble Studios close.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello, everyone,

somehow this one must've slipped through my radar ...

Ensemble Studios will be closed by Microsoft, after making "Halo Wars" complete, I read today.

Sad, in a way, this was one of the rather older studios yet.

Alrik

I agree, sad indeed.
Bruce Shelley provides in depth information about Ensemble Studios Closing on his blog.

Ubbax
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away." - unknown

Last edited:
Interesting comments:
I don’t think that the problem with piracy is limited to the PC. It’s just that it’s a lot more frequent at the moment.

Most PC gamers know about torrents and downloading stuff for free, whereas most console gamers probably just don’t actually know how easy it is to hack a console and download ripped games.

I’m pretty sure that if the PC gaming market is “killed”, then console piracy will quite easily sky rocket as those PC gamers look for free software elsewhere.

“Many people back then didn`t even buy 1 original and the companies survived.”

lol. Back then it only took one person, possibly 3 maximum, to make a game, and they could do it in their spare time.

These days most mid budget games will cost at least £2 million to develop - MININMUM!

As for the quality of the games being what makes them sell, then I can’t really picture the scene where some kid comes home from school, turns on his PC and says to himself “I won’t bother downloading [insert AAA game here] because it’s just too good! I’ll wait for Mum and Dad to buy me a copy in a few months time.”

In fact, I doubt that that’s ever happened.

“Sims 2, the most pirated game, is still selling and making EA a fortune.”

It’s selling loads because it’s being bought by people who don’t generally pirate: casual gamers.

In fact, the point that you make kind of highlights the problem of piracy on PC.

Some of the best selling PC games these days are aimed at the casual market, because the people who buy them are not likely to be tech savvy enough to know how to pirate them.

Some of the most underachieving games are games that hardcore gamers are more likely to play. Games like Crysis that your typical high end PC upgrader wants in order to show off his hardware. People who play these games are the kind of people who have the know-how to pirate a game before the thing is even released, and it’s these people who are being referred to as killing PC gaming.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure that if the PC gaming market is “killed”, then console piracy will quite easily sky rocket as those PC gamers look for free software elsewhere.

I guess he forgot to mention that PS3 pirating is not possible ?

it is interessing to see however how the war between Xbox 360 easy to pirate and PS3 no pirating, goes.

Not possible? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

Back
Top Bottom