Legend of Grimrock - Automap Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This week's Legend of Grimrock update eschews patch notes for details about the automap:
Hello again! We’ve survived yet another week, despite being engulfed in a small snow blizzard for the past few days. But at least I find it refreshing since the winter this far has been exceptionally warm here in Finland… Anyways, even though I know that you’re just dying to hear more about the local weather, I’m afraid we’ll have to move on to the development update. Since I’m in a storytelling mood now I’ll avoid the usual bulleted list this time! But first, since some of you have asked what our automap looks like, here’s a screenshot. I hope I didn’t ruin the joy of discovering the early parts of dungeon level 2 for anyone!
icon_wink.gif
The “N” on the map indicates a note that I’ve left and you can see what is written down in a note when you bring your mouse on top of it. Level three will be displayed on the other page once the player discovers it.
Thanks, Von Paulus!
More information.

Regarding automaps, I used to like to get the graph paper out while playing Dungeonmaster and Eye of the Beholder, however I have got much lazier since those days :) I remember even back then that the similar Amiga game The Black Crypt had an automap though.

I guess to get that real feel of those classics you could still map it manually - I assume you don't have to use the automap.

With LoG you could easily do your own maps, since it's based on a strict tiled grid system. I had thought this game was going to have procedurally generated mazes, but I must have been mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom