Elder Scrolls VI - Region Decided

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Eurogamer asked Todd Howard about The Elder Scrolls 6.

"The negative is," he added, "are we distracting from what we're putting out now? But people get it. Let's just be upfront - this is what we're doing, when, and in what order."

But another negative could be building hype too early, I say. "Potentially," he said. "We're not saying a lot. I don't worry about that. I worry about what happens in the future when people say, 'Well when am I going to hear about it again?' and then you're saying, 'I can't tell you.'

"There'll certainly be some new negatives we didn't anticipate but there's a lot of positives so we'll see how it goes. Ask me next cycle!" he said. "Next time you're like, 'Are you sure that was a good idea?'"
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Really then where's the answer?:brood:

It's basically an article saying we know but wont tell you yet.

Talk about click bait ...

So I finally gave in and started playing Elder Scrolls Online. Could actually be a good game if there were no other players ...

Definitely click bait. The title isn't technically inaccurate, they DID decide the region at some point. But will they tell you? Ha!

The only quote from the article we need: "I'm not going to answer where it's set!" he laughed.

Elder Scrolls Online is an interesting animal to me. When I play it, I have something akin to fun, or at least I pleasantly enjoy myself. But it doesn't have that certain something that pulls me back in the next day. Hard to describe.

Region Decided
OMG OMG I'm so excited!

Okay, fine, I'm dropping the act.
tumblr_mt6td7y0zM1qcv9lko1_500.gif

Everyone already knows what was said at E3. Eurogamer is posting old news to get clicks.

Huh? Is region an issue in Elder Scrolls? In Fallout I am always curious where the next setting is going to be but in Elder Scrolls . . . . . What am I missing?

Huh? Is region an issue in Elder Scrolls? In Fallout I am always curious where the next setting is going to be but in Elder Scrolls . . . . . What am I missing?

What do you mean an issue?

To me, it's exceedingly important for my personal investment and immersion.

For instance, I hate the wasteland in Fallout and always did. I enjoy Fallout despite the setting.

For Elder Scrolls, I didn't care for the Skyrim setting - for the most part. I enjoyed it despite the setting.

Mostly because I enjoy dungeon exploring more than overland exploration and the setting is somewhat less relevant here.

But for the overland exploration, the region would make a big difference for me.

I'm very immersion-oriented - and if a game has a world that I actually want to exist in, it makes my immersion that much more powerful.

For instance, the rumored Hammerfell is definitely not my thing. I don't like deserts or barren areas very much.

I would personally prefer Black Marsh or something more lush and varied.

So I finally gave in and started playing Elder Scrolls Online. Could actually be a good game if there were no other players …

How so? From what I can tell (just got level 50 in ESO) other players can't really affect you in anyway so for intent and purposes its single player game or thats how I have been playing it so far!

I didn't play the last game because of not only its region, but also of its style also. But you all know me ... ;)

How so? From what I can tell (just got level 50 in ESO) other players can't really affect you in anyway so for intent and purposes its single player game or thats how I have been playing it so far!

For me it's all these other people dashing (and jumping) through my world…I'm not an MMO fan, but played solo for about 150 hours and had fun. Then there are bots farming etc etc. It destroys immersion for me. I was riding some distance from an anchor awhile back, and as its spawned an *army* streamed from the nearest portal heading that way. Like a feeding frenzy. Everyone with a familiar in tow… ugh. I think the daedra were all dead in 10 seconds.

I really only tried it because ES6 is still so far away.

For me it's all these other people dashing (and jumping) through my world…I'm not an MMO fan, but played solo for about 150 hours and had fun. Then there are bots farming etc etc. It destroys immersion for me. I was riding some distance from an anchor awhile back, and as its spawned an *army* streamed from the nearest portal heading that way. Like a feeding frenzy. Everyone with a familiar in tow… ugh. I think the daedra were all dead in 10 seconds.

I really only tried it because ES6 is still so far away.

Ah understood. I pretend these other players as NPC also coming to close the anchor. That works for me but I can understand why it may not work for others.

Other players in MMOs are like ads when I watch Youtube. Annoying, but not enough to make me stop doing it.

For instance, the rumored Hammerfell is definitely not my thing. I don't like deserts or barren areas very much.

Not my thing either. I don't think it will be Hammerfell, and if it is, I think it will only be a part of it. Rumour is that it could even be Akavar, according to Elder Scrolls prophecies in previous games. With Todd Howard's statement on how the tech isn't here yet, it will either be very large (as in more than one area), or very detail oriented (not very hard to do with barren areas). Or both.

Not my thing either. I don't think it will be Hammerfell, and if it is, I think it will only be a part of it. Rumour is that it could even be Akavar, according to Elder Scrolls prophecies in previous games. With Todd Howard's statement on how the tech isn't here yet, it will either be very large (as in more than one area), or very detail oriented (not very hard to do with barren areas). Or both.

Yeah, we'll see. Based on the small trailer reveal - it doesn't seem like it will fall in line with my preferences.

But that's ok, so long as there's plenty of dungeons :)

MorroIIInd, OblIVion, SkYrim. People think the VI episode will have VI in it.

Back
Top Bottom