The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Yesterday I went to see and hear the Russian State Symphony Orchestra with violinist Nemanja Radulovic playing Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto.
My hubby and I rarely like violin concertos, the reason we went was because after the break the orchestra would perform the Fire Bird Suite from Stravinsky (which was great).

But my, what a big surprise that guy Radulovic was. Phe-no-me-nal. Never heard a performance on violin that good, I was captivated from beginning till the last note. And I was not the only one.

Here is a short piece of him playing the same work. He start playing at 0:53.

But yeah, it is very short, so it probably won’t move you like it did me yesterday.

Here’s him playing something else which may be more fitting for a short time. The action start at 1:25.

Such an attractive man as well. I think if I had been in the orchestra I would have melted. My, he is hot.:) (Yesterday I was sitting too far from the stage to really notice that.)

Ozzy, the Tribute album. Because Rhodes may have been the greatest guitar player of all time, and Osborne was super lucky that he had the use of his talents, if only for a brief time.

Second video from Loveblind. Honestly, the components are really good but somehow the sum of the parts only comes together in a couple spots for me.

edit-
Youtube jumped over to Snow in Mexico and I caught an awesome track of theirs I hadn't heard before. Gotta share.

Last edited:
Second video from Loveblind. Honestly, the components are really good but somehow the sum of the parts only comes together in a couple spots for me.

edit-
Youtube jumped over to Snow in Mexico and I caught an awesome track of theirs I hadn't heard before. Gotta share.

I have copies now of all the Snow in Mexico and love them. I really like the latest Loveblind single, hanging out for late next month!

Music to feel cool:

Music to feel millenial:

Music to feel... grassy:)S):

I'm jealous.

Will report back :)

Also really cool is the new Pat Metheny album “From This Place” out last Friday. Here is “Pathmaker”, showing off the incredible Linda May Han Oh on bass, Antonio Sanchez on drums, and pianist Gwilym Simcock.

Smile. You still had points to lose in those areas then, mon chérie? ;)
She reminds me of Laurie Anderson.

Smile. You still had points to lose in those areas then, mon chérie? ;)
I'm in the negative now, maybe soon I'll know true serenity :D

She reminds me of Laurie Anderson.
Yes!
But I prefer Laurie's works.

Let's earn some brand new SAN points (or not):

Yeah, that entire album is great. I think I like the song ‘Big Science’ best.

Another one of my favorites (featuring Lou Reed):

One more of Delia Derbyshire:
Wikipedia:
“One of her first works, and the most widely known, was her 1963 electronic realisation of a score by Ron Grainer for the theme tune of the Doctor Who series […] Derbyshire's original arrangement served as Doctor Who's main theme for its first seventeen seasons, from 1963 to 1980.”

Oh wow, she did that?

That electro sound must have blow some minds away when it aired on TV in the 60's. Really precursor.

Right. I thought we were talking about music.
In case you did not see anything but her face in that picture: she HAS aged, you know. She was born in 1945.

Back
Top Bottom