Skyrim Anyone read the book "A Tragedy in Black"...

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
D

Deleted User

*possible spoilers about the book if you haven't read it*

…and then summon a Dremora, only to be disappointed when it didn't offer me a soul gem as a gift? Comon Bethesda, you could have added a one-time special event that happens the first time you summon a Dremora, it could have offered you a soul gem as a gift, and then when you unknowingly accepted, it would turn on you and try to kill you. That would give those who read the book a little perk by knowing ahead of time not to accept gifts from summoned Daedra. I feel they missed an, albeit small, opportunity here.

I was just giddy with anticipation about summoning him too, expecting him to talk to me and interact with me in some way. But nothing. Maybe in the next TES game, summoned humanoid creatures can interact with you in some way. I think it would be flat out cool if you could just pick a Dremora's brain about life in his Oblivion realm. Maybe he could even drop you a hint about a legendary Daedric artifact hidden somewhere in the region. There is a lot they could do here, I think.

I'm pretty sure it would fit in the lore too, because even in the book I mentioned, a young boy was having a conversation with the Dremora he summoned.

And if you didn't read the book, it tells the story of a young boy who summons a Dremora and accepts a gift of a black soul gem from the Dremora. Accepting a gift from a Daedra breaks the pact of the summon, and the Dremora turns on the young boy and kills him, and (If I remember right) traps his soul in the black soul gem. So you see, I really thought they would have added this in the game when you summon a Dremora.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom