What games are you playing now?

Just finished the Monkey remake which has made me want to play the new MI game. Might give it a try too!! :)

What platform? Did they ever make a PC version of that?

No. I don't know whether a PC version was in development until one point, although I sometimes had the impression as if this had been so.

Me, as a fan, I do avoid TFU the mosrt I can, because I don't like it at all, because of several reasons. One of them is indeed the absence of a PC version, but other than that it destroyed too much for me (again).

By the way, I found my Drakensang DVD again. ;)

Me, as a fan, I do avoid TFU the mosrt I can, because I don't like it at all, because of several reasons. One of them is indeed the absence of a PC version, but other than that it destroyed too much for me (again).

I am a major fan of the Star Wars universe, and an official explanation of what's going on between Episode III and IV is welcome to me. I also intend to gamemastering Star Wars Saga Edition later on and might lead a campaign in that era (the official campaign is called Dawn of Defiance). I already have the book; Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

Recently I've had a crack at Dredd v Death which is kinda fun for the 99p I got it for, and for rpg kicks I've started a game of Icewind Dale. I haven't bothered with TFU myself - I'm rather hoping for a new Jedi Knight.

I am a major fan of the Star Wars universe, and an official explanation of what's going on between Episode III and IV is welcome to me. I also intend to gamemastering Star Wars Saga Edition later on and might lead a campaign in that era (the official campaign is called Dawn of Defiance). I already have the book; Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

I agree ... but since *every* one of them ends up with some set of hidden Jedi, to the point where there were only a handful that *didn't* survive Order 66 ... it is absurd ...

I remember they said something about PCs not being powerful enough to handle TFU. Tch.

Yeah lol, then they made a PS2 version and a PSP version. It's rare that one utters such a blatant lie to the public. Maybe they were misquoted.

I think they meant: The pc is not "powerful enough" to deliver enough money to make it worthwhile for them to port it

To be fair, this is what "they" said.

Oh well, the impression I got from most reviews and comments I read, PC users aren't missing out on too much, so...

It's refreshing with lies on this scale, because it makes plain what most houses are trying to hide.

Piracy is the main scapegoat, but the simple truth is that they just can't be bothered to support a platform where the market they're targeting is shrinking and migrating towards consoles.

TFU, ehhh, they don't care about the PC market, then I don't care about their silly game. Same with Fable 2 and Summoner 2. They never did make those for the PC.

Playing Blood Bowl of course. Great game. Actually enjoying the multi-player aspect as well. Since it's a bit more complex than your usual Counter Strike or WOW then it's sorta weeding out the annoying cry babies that infest multi-player games. Not completely mind you, but still a lot less of the idiots than on most of the other MP games (Darkwind excluded, very nice and helpful people playing that game).

... which is what makes it more surprising that LucasArts have started making pro-PC moves ... such as teh Monkey Island stuff and Steam releases.

Well, there it goes.

All these Risen updates made me do it... I installed Gothic. I was playing it 'till 4AM yesterday... or is that today... anyway, now my head hurts. Heh, it's funny how filthy stinkin' rich you can get at the very beginning once you know the game.

I was playing it 'till 4AM yesterday... or is that today... anyway, now my head hurts.

Reminds me of when I first started playing Gothic. One time I started playing as soon as I got home from work, and I literally didn't stop until I had to go back to work the next day.

Ahh....the good old days...

Reminds me of when I first started playing Gothic. One time I started playing as soon as I got home from work, and I literally didn't stop until I had to go back to work the next day. Ahh....the good old days...

It's a long time ago now, but Gothic is probably the only game I called in sick to be able to play. I simply couldn't stop playing it.

... which is what makes it more surprising that LucasArts have started making pro-PC moves ... such as teh Monkey Island stuff and Steam releases.

Yes, but only with a new head over there at LucasArts !

The old one firmly believed in "PC gaming is dead" !

Yes, but only with a new head over there at LucasArts !

The old one firmly believed in "PC gaming is dead" !

However it happened, I'm happy. Hopefully the new Clone Wars games won't be as crappy as the last ones, and they will get that other IP cranking ...

The Quest for Iphone.

Difficult game, or maybe I'm trying to take things too fast. I dont like the fact that you can never run, once youre in combat that's it - you had better be able to win. Multiple opponents come out of the woodwork, argh.

I dont like that so much. Fun game, but you really have to do all you can to level before you step one foot in the next "zone" so to speak

I am now at chapter 7 of 9 of Force Unleashed. It's not a bad game, those who enjoyed previous decent Star Wars games such as Jedi Academy and Republic Commando will certainly get a few hours of fun out of it. It's not a particularly great game either. There are some frustrating issues with controls that make it extremely difficult sometimes to target a foe you feel is right in front of you and some sequences require you to do a bit too much between savepoints. There are also uncommonly long loading times between reloads and getting into the customization menues, and I haven't found a way to skip cutscenes yet, which makes things even more frustrating.

I run the game on the middle difficulty setting, but I haven't actually spent a single skillpoint yet. I haven't really felt the need to upgrade anything and I do not really know what to buy either.

Back
Top Bottom