Risen 3: Titan Lords - RPC 2014 Presentation

Anyway, we're off topic again.

Yes you are and I wonder why it's always you two in this topic?

So go start a topic in the forum section about equality among the sexes in Gothic games if you both find the topic so interesting.;)

I will move the discussion if I have to.

Yes you are and I wonder why it's always you two in this topic?

Go start a topic in the forum section about equality among the sexes in Gothic games if you both find the topic so interesting.;)

I will move the discussion if I have to.

You'll forgive us, because you love us.

lol DArt. And yes Couch, we are done arguing.

lol DArt. And Yes Couch, we are done arguing.
Good though If you guys still want that topic made let me know. If might get a few interesting replies from the community. I just have to remember to bring popcorn.

Also I will put $50 on Dart he rarely loses in debates.;)

I could take it or leave it.

After 13K+ posts, it should be clear that I'm ready to discuss most trivialities - but I can't say it's a topic particularly dear to my heart.

Sorry if that makes me out to be a misogynist - though I'd like to claim that I consider all living beings roughly equal in value. Equal as in potential value if not actual value ;)

@DArt:
I completed Risen 1 with all three factions, and I can say whichever other group you choose after Bandits, it'll be vastly different. That said, up until a certain point there's little to no difference between mage and warrior monk questlines. Later on there are some minor differences, with mage being somewhat less generic imho.

I don't think these two factions mesh too well with archery, but you can give it a shot (pun not intended). It won't be necessary though, because after chapter 2 you'll be shooting ranged spells like crazy, even as a warrior. If you tank up with mana rechargers, you'll be totally op. Maybe archery will come in handy pre-faction when roaming the island. When I play I usually do as much exploration as is humanly possible before joining any guild (I do all the quests available, loot everything and sweep clean most of the island) and bows are useful for that.

Don't suppose we get the G3 first person option back?

Also raised eyebrows at the minimap - looks too zoomed in to achieve anything. Wonder if it's turn-offable.

@DArt:
I completed Risen 1 with all three factions, and I can say whichever other group you choose after Bandits, it'll be vastly different. That said, up until a certain point there's little to no difference between mage and warrior monk questlines. Later on there are some minor differences, with mage being somewhat less generic imho.

I don't think these two factions mesh too well with archery, but you can give it a shot (pun not intended). It won't be necessary though, because after chapter 2 you'll be shooting ranged spells like crazy, even as a warrior. If you tank up with mana rechargers, you'll be totally op. Maybe archery will come in handy pre-faction when roaming the island. When I play I usually do as much exploration as is humanly possible before joining any guild (I do all the quests available, loot everything and sweep clean most of the island) and bows are useful for that.

Cool, thanks for info.

I generally don't replay games much - and when I do, I don't really have to try something new in terms of story - it's just for that extra incentive - as I'm "good" at forgetting story. I put that in quotation marks, because sometimes it would be nice to be able to remember them as well :)

Usually, I focus on my character and his progression. I love experimenting with new mechanics, and I remember being very underwhelmed by the archery implementation in Risen.

But I discovered, later on, that it's buggy and broken - and the advantages you're supposed to get for each point invested don't register until the final point is invested (10/10).

Supposedly, the final point makes a lot of difference - so I thought it'd be fun to try an archer character as I usually enjoy those.

I'll have to think about this one a little bit ;)

Again, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I do recall something about the the bow or crossbow skill (both?) not working as they should in Risen. I haven't played it since it was released though, so I'm not aware if it was ever fixed or not.

Yeah, I do recall something about the the bow or crossbow skill (both?) not working as they should in Risen. I haven't played it since it was released though, so I'm not aware if it was ever fixed or not.

Based on a guide I read, it's not fixed - but when you assign that last point, you get the full benefit. I seem to remember stopping at ~6 or 7 in bow skill - because it was obviously not worth it.

For my next try, I'll focus on it all the way - and finally get to see archery as worth it :)

Well, unless I try my hand at magic.

That said, it's a really stupid bug - and why on earth wouldn't they fix it? I guess it's because there's some animation involved - and they might have planned to "split up" the faster movement, and ran out of time or something. My guess, anyway.

Sadly, they have never ever fixed the similar Risen 2 bugs either, so I'm not sure it involves some tough obstacle, rather than PB being a little lazy. I still enjoyed Risen 2 more than most people, but spending hard earned (and I mean really really hard earned) points on skills that simply don't do anything... very annoying. Several skills under Blades, Toughness, Cunning, and Voodo did not work at all, and they have not been fixed to this day.

@DArt: Glad I could provide some info. Iirc the mage had the most lore and insight from all three paths (as expected), but the first third of the game is pretty much the same for all characters anyway. :) Hope you'll have a great time! (make me want to replay all PB titles, too)

I liked that bug where you could stand behind a NPC and stab him to death, he wouldnt even react ;) PB is probably one of the most lazy companies when it comes to fixing bugs. Wouldnt surprise me at all if this is unfixed in Risen 3, lol

Back
Top Bottom