Darkmere - Action RPG from the Amiga

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@IndieRetroNews Darkmere is an action RPG from the Amiga that has been repackaged to be playable on modern PCs.

A bit of a slow news day to start Monday so kick it up a notch here's a lovely game you might want to play, and that's Darkmere ( Prequel to Dragonstone ), which was released way back in 1993/4 developed by Zero Hour Software and published by Core Design. This game classed as an action adventure RPG that has very decent Amiga graphics and a dark overtone, has since been packaged together with an emulator by Gamesnostalgia and can be launched on a PC or Mac without having to be set up!

[...]
More information.

Absolutely charming!

Absolute nostalgia!

Similar to cadaver, one of my favorite Amiga 500 games.

Man, that's annoying to watch. I'm glad technology has marched onward.

I am afraid I have got to agree here.

There are certainly other games I'd play again from that era. But Darkmere looks quite bad in the video. Graphics are ok, Interface is naturally bad. But the loading times for each of these tiny sections are quite annoying. And the combat looks awful.
I'd probably rather play Hero Quest (1991) even though that's not the best choice either, but it looks the most similar.

i love the design. wish more games had it, all the 3d attempts to create immersion are laughable

Hehe, I remember this one.
Not a good game by today's standards (too many backtracking, obscure puzzles, unresponsive combat), but I absolutely adore this 90's style moody pixel art.

Hehe, I remember this one.
Not a good game by today's standards (too many backtracking, obscure puzzles, unresponsive combat), but I absolutely adore this 90's style moody pixel art.

That 90 pixel style is the thing i love the most too.

Wow.. painful. Just painful..

Back
Top Bottom