Dragon Age 2 - Retrospective Review

Pretty entertaining thread. You realize both camps clicked the thread and replied KNOWING it would be polarized. Telling someone to get over being disappointed in a thread reviewing the disappointment. .. you know thats not gonna happen. Thats like joxor not commenting once a week likening some travesty to 'skybug'. Just not gonna happen.

Also.. Sumerisle; your justice league comment was superb. :)

Thats like joxor not commenting once a week
It actually does happen when I'm playing some superinteresting game that can't be completed* in one week. Yes I know, those are rare these days… If it can't be completed in a week, then it's not interesting. And vice versa.

—-

* by completed I mean solving every quest and finding most of secrets in it, not finishing a game by running through as fast as possible doing just the main quest.

We get it, BioWare did not make the clone of DAO that you wanted, nothing is going to change that. Learn to move on.

That's bullshit plain and simple. There are numerous examples of successful sequels which aren't a clones of the earlier games but expand and improve upon them.

Last edited:
That's bullshit plain and simple. There are numerous examples of successful sequels which aren't a clones of the earlier games but expand and improve them.

Why answering that line? It was an obvious trolling attempt.
I consider every DA2 fanboi a troll, by default. There are exceptions, of course.

Azarhal isn't a troll. He is misguided, confused and in urgent need of help but he deserves pity not scorn :petting:

Can someone please list the positives aspects of DA:II in simple non-pretentious, normal review style for me please, because, so far, I haven't actually seen any reasons why anyone would find it an enjoyable game. 'People are too harsh', 'People don't give it enough credit' blah blah blah, it says nothing to no-one.

If you actually want a discussion you have to actually have something to talk about. Please can someone tell me why DA:II is worth anything more than a 4/10?

Can someone please list the positives aspects of DA:II in simple non-pretentious, normal review style for me please, because, so far, I haven't actually seen any reasons why anyone would find it an enjoyable game. 'People are too harsh', 'People don't give it enough credit' blah blah blah, it says nothing to no-one.

If you actually want a discussion you have to actually have something to talk about. Please can someone tell me why DA:II is worth anything more than a 4/10?

I found that it improved some aspects, but the sum

I found that the skill trees were improved (hard to do worse than in DAO) and I actually preferred the pace of the combat of the sequel.

The big minuses were map recycling and paratrooping enemies. Those two make it impossible for me to replay the game.

A 6/10 game that would be 7/10 without the shadow of the predecessor. Certainly worse than DAO, but not on every count.

Back
Top Bottom