WeGame to Rival Steam With Worldwide Release

• Thread starter Deleted member 18181
  • Start date
There is some mmo I like? Didn't know that.

Next.

Little competition towards referenced products (they will end with a list similar to Steam)
Little competition towards prices.
Only competition is towards all the social service steam introduced and that degraded gaming.

I've also seen a few videos on how workers are treated in China. Actually not just China because it's easier to pay everyone $0.50-1.00 instead of $12 an hour.
A decade ago, a study showed that US companies in China paid less chinese workers than Chinese companies.
Beside, before worrying about chinese workers, the US offer enough grain. The US or areas like Libya.

I'm fine buying from a Chinese company. I'm not fine buying from a company that doesn't respect international copyright law (which could well include Steam if they keep on driving their hands-off approach) or otherwise doesn't play the capitalism game fairly.

Of course, if WeGame flat out eats Steam then I won't have much choice.

P.S. There used to be a PC game video recorder from a company called WeGame years ago. It was a pretty good recorder for the time, too!

IMO, the ideal would be to have a federated system. Some of the big companies are now looking at putting license ownership of electronic media in a blockchain system.

Essentially, imagine you own an account that holds all of the keys to all the games you buy, no matter where you buy them. You could then choose which stores to buy more keys from (or buy direct from the studio), and which platform to use to organise your library, and manage your downloads and updates. But your library remains yours, independent of any of them.

Nah not sold or interested on a federated blockchain system for games either.

Throw in a few DDR chips and it might just work. ;)
( Can't wait for those assholes to go down under mandarin boys)

I'm fine buying from a Chinese company. I'm not fine buying from a company that doesn't respect international copyright law (which could well include Steam if they keep on driving their hands-off approach) or otherwise doesn't play the capitalism game fairly.

Copyright, Patent, Trademark law needs to die!

Or be modified to a completely different state.

Hmm after reading the article link Tencent are not going for a full worldwide release. This is mostly a response to Steam trying to take over the Chinesse digital game market.
As for the question of why Tencent decided now of all times to announce that the worldwide version of WeGame is being worked on, it almost certainly has something to do with Valve’s recent announcement that the company would be introducing a Chinese version of Steam to Tencent’s home turf. Gamers in China can use the international version of Steam, though it’s restricted in a variety of ways, but Valve says that there’s definitely a large Chinese following for the platform. A survey conducted by Valve in May showed that more than a quarter of Steam users had their languages set to Simplified Chinese. Valve has partnered with Chinese publisher Perfect World to bring a local version of Steam to the country.

Hmm after reading the article link Tencent are not going for a full worldwide release. This is mostly a response to Steam trying to take over the Chinesse digital game market.
Yes, Steam is trying to do that with help from the biggest scammer in games industry, PWE.

My heart still bleeds when I remember one of the oldest lootboxes scandals. In STO.

Back
Top Bottom