The TV Series discussion thread

Yeah, and I thought it was just as mediocre as seasons 6-8. They introduce a new antagonist, and there's one episode with a memorable ending, but otherwise it's mostly forgettable.

Ok :( too bad..

I was a little late, but I just watched El Camino.

I liked it more than I thought I would. Tbh, my expectations were kind of low without Bryan Cranston, because the chemistry (pun intended) between him and Aaron Paul was one of the things that made Breaking Bad so good.

It surprised me though. I thought it was good from start to finish, and I was satisfied with the sense of closure the ending provided.

On a side note, it was weird seeing Todd (Jesse Plemons) looking nothing like he looked in the final season of Breaking Bad. I get that it was 6 years ago, but seriously, couldn't he have lost some weight for this considering how popular the show was?

On a side note, it was weird seeing Todd (Jesse Plemons) looking nothing like he looked in the final season of Breaking Bad. I get that it was 6 years ago, but seriously, couldn't he have lost some weight for this considering how popular the show was?

heh yeah, on the other hand Aaron got slightly fat too (quite noticeable in the last season of BB, where instead he should have gotten thin really, being a prisoner etc) no shits given from him.. But to be honest it doesn't bother me a lot, people get old, fat.. i kind of expect it.

I also think they should have kept him bearded and long haired in this, he looked more bad ass + it would have made sense to try to hide his identity a bit.

I was prepared to be disappointed, but to be honest, this new trailer doesn't look bad at all:

Because you were ready to be disappointed. Pessimism is a great way to go through life :)

Lately I watched: All of Amazon's prime content (i.e., originals)
- the Jean-Claude show was a nice surprise. I grew up with those movies
- Good Omens
- The magicians
And more

Isn't that whatever remake of a movie with Nicole Kidman and League of Legends Volibear known also as Pedobear?

hqdefault.jpg

The movie sucked. Tell me why should I risk it's "director's cut". :)

who cares about the movie, the books were great. the movie sucked partially because you can't do the books justice in 2h.. what if lord of the rings was just a 2h movie, probably wouldnt be very good.

What are you talking about. There is a cca 2 hours long Lord of The Rings partially animated movie and it rocks. Criminally underrated.

It doesn't cover all books, but I bet neither does the Volibear movie which is as boring as browsing through numerous reshade mods on nexus while searching for a simple no respawn mod.

not sure why you bring up the movie since its not the movie i'm watching and i couldn't care less about the shitty movie..

the books are fucking classics in the genre, series seems good. complain all you want.

Classics are in the eye of beholder or mainstream hype. Unless we're talking about music where it depends on one's ears.
Neverheard there are also books. Will I read them ever? If it means I'll become, um, too nervous like someone, I better not. :)

Now I understand where do those silly "calm down and…" memes come from. ;)

Treadstone looks to be a spy thriller based on the Jason Bourne concept. They hop back and forth a bit to explore the origins. A decent amount of action thus far, but generally... generic, with no real sci-fi concepts.

I gave Treadstone a shot, but gave up after the third episode. The premise started off well, and then the show just got quite boring. It seems to suffer from the same problems that I've seen in other shows the past few years, almost like the characters are supposed to convey the show and themes/cohesive narrative just doesn't exist. That might work on children, but adults tend to be a bit more demanding and actually expect good story telling.

Watching Star Trek Enterprise at the moment.

I originally gave up on it during the first season, because I was just exhausted with subpar approach to Trek at the time.

That said, I'm really enjoying it - and I think Archer has become my second favorite captain :)

I finally got around to watching the newest Veronica Mars series, at least the first two episodes. This is way darker than the movie was, reminds me more of the television series back in the day. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far!

Enterprise sux and Bakula is the worst ST captain ever (not his fault, those scriptwriters should have been banned from TV industry).
Hulu's Veronica Mars' continuation is plain awsome! Can't wait the 5th season.

Watching Star Trek Enterprise at the moment.

I originally gave up on it during the first season, because I was just exhausted with subpar approach to Trek at the time.

That said, I'm really enjoying it - and I think Archer has become my second favorite captain :)

I enjoyed Enterprise as well. While I thought Bakula was somewhat miscast, the show going back to the roots of Star Trek and not relying so much on technobabble (which I found especially excessive with Voyager) was a welcome relief. I think the show would have done a lot better if Producers had not insisted on pushing the show so soon, rather giving fans some time to unwind from the NextGen->DeepSpace9->Voyager onslaught.

I thought Enterprise really started getting good in the final season, the writing was vastly improved, and I hoped it would get at least another year or two. Sadly, that did not happen.

Back
Top Bottom