The Science Thread

Sad story : Dinosaurs taken from Mongolia into worldwide - and american - museums - and the world failed to give the Mongolians something back : Mongolians don't know about their Dinosaurs. Nobody has ever told them they had any. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50131770

Very cool interview with a prominent advocate for fighting aging. Talking about "life extension escape velocity", cryonics and general perspectives of the future.

I believe that immortality has its drawbacks ) no matter how weird it sounds.

I believe that immortality has its drawbacks ) no matter how weird it sounds.

Ofc it has some drawbacks. Everything has. But we should be objective enough to not cling to old habits and world views and deem everything new and different as bad. :)

That thing is brutal though. Immediately ate 70% of my CPU processing power on my i7 6700k in chrome

Huh. It gives me only about 10-20% of a single CPU core, and 10% GPU usage. Maybe thats browser related? (firefox here)

Neutron Stars

There is a follow up about Strange Stars

Currently, we are actively shaping our next Flood Myth.

Will there be something like a Bible after us to tell this tale ?

The Dutch people invented that massive wall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oosterscheldekering decades ago. Now they might be happy that they made it THAT big.

Edit : When zooming out from that ma I found a town called "New Cassel". Interesting. Kassel is a German town.

https://www.inverse.com/mind-body/brain-of-lifelong-bully-looks-different-than-general-populations
The brain of a lifelong bully looks different than the general population's

One in four people will show patterns of antisocial behavior at least once during their childhood and adolescence. From stealing to bullying, lying, or even committing violence, most people grow out of these behaviors.

But for about 10 percent of the population, antisocial behavior never goes away, persisting into adulthood. In a new study, scientists scanned the brains of 672 people to discover that people who have antisocial conduct throughout their lives have smaller brains than those who do not.

Individuals who showed antisocial behavior consistently up to age 45 had a thinner cortex and smaller surface area in brain regions associated with executive function, motivation, and affect, when compared to people who were not antisocial.

By contrast, the research team didn’t see any widespread structural brain abnormalities in people who exhibited antisocial behavior only during adolescence.
If your boss is a bully, maybe you shouldn't provoke them with this study info about size matters. :)

Back
Top Bottom