The TV Series discussion thread

Do I? Nope. What I have to admit is that the only real issues being raised are from the ‘OMG I am simply too cool and manly for anything that is popular’ BS nonsense and have this vague whiff of misogyny and self-righteous toxic masculinity … that frankly I have come to expect from many in the PC gaming crowd but generally most of you guys are better than that most of the time.

Lol. You got issues, dude. That's a helluva detour.

Let's not venture further in the area of discussion personalities and habits and stick with the discussion about the series.

Party breaker. :p

Okay, it's classic me again, with exotics and questions for those who might have watched something but didn't because - who watches domestic shows? :)
Nevertheless I have to ask. Did anyone in Australia check this show:
My Life Is Murder
Detective procedural with Lucy Lawless would be a mustwatch for me in the past, but as it happens when a person steps one foot in the grave, there is no time for everything and filtering must be made.

So is it good, is it bad or what? Who watched at least one episode?

Perhaps it is not for everyone, but I've been really enjoying this Mandalorian series. It feels like a combination of classic era star wars and new star wars. Imo Jon Favreau has created something which has a heart. Like @txa1265; I think that it has this exciting space western feel.

Perhaps it is not for everyone, but I've been really enjoying this Mandalorian series. It feels like a combination of classic era star wars and new star wars. Imo Jon Favreau has created something which has a heart. Like @txa1265; I think that it has this exciting space western feel.

I think its great show and fun too. Maybe best start wars since original movies. However the Disney influence is pretty obvious as well. I don't consider that as bad thing but I also can imagine a full on "Spaghetti Western" Star wars which is be dirty and gritty and shall we dare to say with whiff of "self-righteous toxic masculinity" throw in the mix as well!

Stuff we are currently watching and some quick takes:
- Fleabag - just finished season 2 last night, really well done, funny and with depth. (Amazon)
- The Good Doctor (Hulu) - gifted autistic kid with troubled past becomes surgeon and struggles. I am very mixed on this one, we watch because my wife likes it more than me, so it is a trade-off. I enjoy it enough to not resist.
- The Rookie (Hulu) - Nathan Fillion ... oh, you want more? It is a pretty fun comedy-drama cop show (not procedural)
- The Resident (Hulu) - medical drama where there is a ‘bad guy’ every season and good looking doctors. Surprisingly enjoyable as ‘relax after a long day’ fodder
- The Crown (Netflix) - really well done period piece. Just changed cast to reflect aging monarchy, and while I love Olivia Colman, have to say I think I liked Claire Foy better ... but it could be that we’re in a dark period for the monarchy right now.

Also watching other stuff - Emergence (Hulu, decent), Bless this Mess (Hulu, mindless sitcom), Jack Ryan (Amazon, good first season, disappointing S2 so far), and Stumptown (Hulu, Colbie Smulders ... very, very slow - my wife was in the kitchen and I sai ‘you’re missing it’ and she replied ‘I highly doubt that’)

Mike, you might enjoy Carter, now screening season 2. It sounds cliche, but it's well done and always fun. I've also enjoyed All Rise a legal show that so far, hasn't been overly preachy the way a few recent legal offering have been!!

Carter? Neverheard of such show, but that reminds me on one of the greatest scifi oneliners of all time (during falling on Earth):

Mike, you might enjoy Carter, now screening season 2. It sounds cliche, but it's well done and always fun. I've also enjoyed All Rise a legal show that so far, hasn't been overly preachy the way a few recent legal offering have been!!

Will have to check it out ... but this weekend we will also get:
- Mrs Maisel season 3 on Netflix
- Marriage Story (Netflix movie)

And we watch a bunch of Hallmark movies (have the Hallmark Now app ... and no, I don't believe in 'guilty pleasure' :) )

Party breaker. :p

Okay, it's classic me again, with exotics and questions for those who might have watched something but didn't because - who watches domestic shows? :)
Nevertheless I have to ask. Did anyone in Australia check this show:
My Life Is Murder
Detective procedural with Lucy Lawless would be a mustwatch for me in the past, but as it happens when a person steps one foot in the grave, there is no time for everything and filtering must be made.

So is it good, is it bad or what? Who watched at least one episode?

Dunno, haven't seen or heard anything about it.

Watching the better original Korean version of Good Doctor.

Fun Fact the American and Japanese TV version is based on this.

Watching the better original Korean version of Good Doctor.

Fun Fact the American and Japanese TV version is based on this.

I have seen few episodes of the Korean version as well and its pretty good. However the wife can't be bothered to read subtitles so we gave up and now watching the US version, which is also good.

I prefer the Korean version mainly because of different taken on things from different culture so it makes the whole medical drama angle feel new.

My Life is Murder

I watched about 4 or 5 episodes. The murders - how they came about - seemed interesting but I didn't care for the characters. Suggest that you watch the first one. If you like it then ignore me - the ones I watched didn't get any better.

Last edited:
the wife can't be bothered to read subtitles
This will sound harsh but it's my message to everyone who starts panicking when subtitles are mentioned:
Back to school.

:D

This will sound harsh but it's my message to everyone who starts panicking when subtitles are mentioned:
Back to school.

:D

I know what you mean but I too sometimes find subtitles distracting specially when you are watching it on big TV as you eyes are mostly focused on small area instead of wondering around the screen and looking at other things.

Anyone preordering?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0828J93DK?creativeASIN=B0828J93DK
51-waW%2BXydL._SL1076_.jpg

I know what you mean but I too sometimes find subtitles distracting specially when you are watching it on big TV as you eyes are mostly focused on small area instead of wondering around the screen and looking at other things.
Actually I think it is a matter of getting used to it. We have nothing but subtitles for every non-Dutch show, which means we have been exposed most of our lives to subtitles. The result is that somehow our brains manage to 'read' the subtitles while watching the screen. It has become a subconscious thing and it is not distracting at all. Not even on big screens.

Actually I think it is a matter of getting used to it. We have nothing but subtitles for every non-Dutch show, which means we have been exposed most of our lives to subtitles. The result is that somehow our brains manage to 'read' the subtitles while watching the screen. It has become a subconscious thing and it is not distracting at all. Not even on big screens.

I think you may be right on that. I am less averse to subtitles than my wife as I have been watching "foreign" stuff more than her. I tend to get distracted when a scene is both plot and action heavy, in other words too much going on at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom