Good Old Games - Age of Wonders Released

Another post for AoW. Only played SM a significant amount. A fantastic game. Works on many levels. And one of the few PBEMs worth PBEM'ing, even without the tactical battle map.

AOW 1 has a far more "tolkienesque" feel to it, than the other two games.

QFE

Been playing tons of SM post-Elemental piquing my interest in the genre, but I played weeks of vanilla AoW2 and a fair amount of AoW 1 back in the day.

If this had a PDF manual I would buy it right now, waiting to see if Steam version perhaps includes a manual (or if GOG gets around to including one).

I totally get why folks have a preference of 1 vs 2 vs 2SM ... Tolkienessence & better art vs. shadowlands, races such as syrons, more spells/better balancing. Some just do not care for such fantasy deviance :] It doesn't bother me, and I much enjoy the 1.4 SM Community Patch.

All AoW games are rock solid.
Also QFE ... this is my RPGWatch.com line of the week

Hm, why don't you write an e-mail to GOG and ask if they could bundle it with a manual ?
As long as they don't know, they can't know that there's something missing. ;)

Good Old games is now gone

Dear GOG users,

We have recently had to give serious thought to whether we could really keep GOG.com the way it is. We've debated on it for quite some time and, unfortunately, we've decided that GOG.com simply cannot remain in its current form.

We're very grateful for all support we've received from all of you in the past two years. Working on GOG.com was a great adventure for all of us and an unforgettable journey to the past, through the long and wonderful history of PC gaming.

This doesn't mean the idea behind GOG.com is gone forever. We're closing down the service and putting this era behind us as new challenges await.

On a technical note, this week we'll put in place a solution to allow everyone to re-download their games. Stay tuned to this page and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates.

All the best,
GOG.com Team

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but Impulse has an Age of Wonders Trilogy for $20.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W701
The Trilogy pack contains:
Age of Wonders,
Age of Wonders II: The Wizard’s Throne
Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
The Soundtrack of each individual game

edit: but apparently you can not yet add this product to cart ... meh

Is Impulse trying to buy GOG ?

Would be very unexpected to say the least... Of course Stardock has a pretty good view on DRM: do not annoy your customers.

They seem to annoy with half-finished products instead ?

Only to be sarcastic. ;)

Or : Patches as indirect DRM ?

Back
Top Bottom