Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Stranger Things

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 24 32.4%

• Total voters
How about an open-world Dune RPG?
I would love that!

I would also love to see a Star Trek RPG with an emphasis on exploring the unknown. Combat would play a part, but it wouldn't be a game about gunning stuff down every few seconds.

Oh, and Wheel of Time. I'm a big fan of that setting.

How about an open-world Dune RPG?
Might be possible given FunCom now has the license to make Dune games. Now having said that except it to be another MMO, or server based as that's all they develop.
Oh, and Wheel of Time. I'm a big fan of that setting.
I've been waiting years for a Wheel of Time RPG, but every game has been eventually cancelled. At lest a Tv series on Amazon will air sometime in the next few years.

I've been waiting years for a Wheel of Time RPG, but every game has been eventually cancelled. At lest a Tv series on Amazon will air sometime in the next few years.
Yeah, which will be very interesting. If it's going to be as detailed as GoT, it will have to be 20 seasons or something. WoT is considerably longer and more comprehensive than A Song of Ice and Fire..

Yeah, which will be very interesting. If it's going to be as detailed as GoT, it will have to be 20 seasons or something. WoT is considerably longer and more comprehensive than A Song of Ice and Fire..
Yep I believe the first season will be about a young Moiraine starting her search for Rand. I don't know why they choose to start there as it's years before book one.

Yep I believe the first season will be about a young Moiraine starting her search for Rand. I don't know why they choose to start there as it's years before book one.
They're starting with New Spring, the prequel? Or perhaps between the prequel and book 1?

Sounds like New Spring to me. That will introduce some characters we won't see again for quite some time.

Actually, the length is going to be a real pain. Not including New Spring, the whole series only lasts for a few years but the actors are going to age 10+ years. That's doubly bad for the Aes Sadie (sp!?) that are supposed to age very slowly.

I can't see how a wheel of time TV series will will be any thing but a wreck with out Jordan there to force the screen play writers to tow the line. Even when the writers were there like with Goodkind or Butcher when their books were turned in to TV series the show was a far cry from the books it was based on.

I would love to a RPG based on The Wheel of Time setting.

Well I know there are already a few games based on the Lord of the Rings Universe, but none of them are RPGs as such. The Fallen Order seems promising, although I don't expect it to have strong RPG elements. Something like the KoToR games perhaps but more vast? Imo Marvel is overhyped. Disney can go to hell along with all its franchises (Star Wars is also theirs now, but TOR is still untouched by their taint)

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf. Unfortunately the closest we got to that was that mobile game from a few years ago which played was basically a digital gamebook (cool) but with QTE laden JRPG battles (UGH!). Before that there was a first person action game in development but the developer went out of business.

Even though it's generally not my favorite kind of RPG, I do think an open world action RPG would be the best move for a LW CRPG. I think it should be similar to The Witcher 2 / 3 but a bit less focused on combat with more focus on using Kai Disciplines to deal with enemies when you're hopelessly outnumbered.

I do the think the settings of the old gamebooks are a resource that could be drawn on for RPGs. The Lone Wolf books are quite well-known, and I think could definitely sustain a more substantial game. I was also very fond of the Way of the Tiger series, which created a world I think could work very well.

My favourite was actually the Falcon series, by the same guys, which was a sort grittier take on Doctor Who. Did anyone ever play those?

falcon1.jpg

Never heard of those, but I do have some Way of the Tiger books. Gamebooks seem like such an obvious opportunity for video game adaptations. Sure they aren't generally as well known as the novels that are getting film and TV adaptations, but the licensing has got to be much cheaper.

I just looked it up and they're making another mobile game (augmented reality) based on Lone Wolf. Gods, why can't we get a proper CRPG made for PC?

That picture actually reminds me of Tripods or in German "Die Dreibeinigen Herrscher" where aliens basically suppress the humans which are basically kind of in a medieval age with remnants of modern technology.

Moorcocks world! And we still havent got a proper Conan single player rpg.

Wasn't there an Elric RPG in development at one time? I seem to remember it was cancelled.

Found a bit of information: https://www.unseen64.net/2014/10/06/stormbringer-elric-melnibone-cancelled-pc-dreamcast/

"Stormbringer was the second attempt in creating a videogame based on the character of Elric of Melniboné, the protagonist of several fantasy stories created by the English writer Michael Moorcock. The first attempt (that was also cancelled) was made by Psygnosis for the Playstation and it was simply titled Elric".

Dark Sun is pretty much the RPG setting perfected imo.. it's really well balanced, it has a little bit of everything mad max mixed with sci-fi and pulp fantasy, yet it pulls it off quite elegantly (well as elegant as you'd want something like that to be).

I'd love, love a Bas-Lag or Lyonesse RPG. Those settings have all the required breadth of detail, all the locations, and monsters, and different races to make something awesome. And they'd be such a welcome break from all the "totally not D&D" games inundating the fantasy RPG scene. It's never going to happen, of course, but a man can dream.

A Cowboy Bebop setting could be interesting, with its mix of sci-fi, western, and noir themes.

Spelljammer or Star Wars for me.

Both have the potential to go all sci-fi, all fantasy - or anything in between. Besides that, they're both full of awesome concepts.

I mean, what's better than Pirates in space or Lightsabers and Force power battles?

Back
Top Bottom