Of Orcs and Men

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Of Orcs and Men is a fantasy action role-playing game developed by Cyanide Studios and Spiders for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

The Empire of Men's oppressive threat looms over the territories of the Orcs and the Goblins. Goblins are systematically persecuted and slaughtered, while Orcs not killed in battle are captured and enslaved or killed.

Plot

Of Orcs and Men first puts the player into the role of an elite Orc soldier from the legendary legion of Bloodjaws. The legion is a league of warriors deeply involved in the war between the Orcs and the Goblins on one side and their persecutors, Humankind, on the other. As a veteran warrior who has seen the most brutal of battles, the player is appointed by the Orc commander to complete a mission that could change the course of the war, to kill the Emperor himself, the man responsible for the bloodshed. A Goblin soon joins the player, an unlikely but indispensable ally.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Orcs_and_Men#cite_note-3

More information.

Of Orcs And Men Released on - GOG
Lead the revolution of the Orcs and Goblins!

In a world at war, the vast Empire of Men tries to extend its domination over the territories of the Orcs and Goblins, who are systematically persecuted, enslaved and massacred. Through this great role-playing game, lead a fearsome Orc warrior, and a Goblin master of assassination and stealth.

You have been appointed to fulfill an extremely dangerous mission, deep in enemy territory: to kill one man… the Emperor himself. Fight your way through a terribly hostile world to reach the objective of your quest. Level up, learn and develop powerful skills, and finally free your people from the yoke of the Empire!

Lol i remember buying this day one on steam and what a crap game it was.

Well that's your opinion it's not one of better Spiders game but it was enjoyable. It's a short linear RPG that ends on a cliffhanger, and it only costs $3. So it's a bargain.

There are two more game that continue this ones story, Styx: Master of Shadows and Styx: Shards of Darkness.
I played all of them and found them enjoyable for their story, Styx: Master of Shadows having the best level and game-play design, Shards of Darkness seemed to be rushed and Of Orcs and Men was a trail run to see if the idea will sell.

I remember considering purchasing this item at one point, then decided it just looked too action-y for my likes. I've enjoyed a couple of the Spider games in the past, but taking a clear pass on this one.

Back
Top Bottom