Greedfall - Was it a Success? - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Greedfall - Was it a Success?

Default Greedfall - Was it a Success?

December 12th, 2019, 10:51
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
I don't think that Spiders games are an exception here. For every game there are lovers, haters and for the most part something in between.

When you read the threads about the game here most watchers say positive and negative things about Greedfall.
Yeah but I was referring to the whole game market not just this site. As spider RPGs usually get poor to average review scores. Greedfall is their best rated game so far.

Every past review cited them for the same faults calling them second rate RPGs. So for once I'm glad they got a hit. Just hope they can get even better in the future.

Fingers crossed they don't go the BioWare route someday though.

Ps: I don't hate BioWare RPGs just referring to their faults and failures over the years.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

December 12th, 2019, 12:11
It certainly seems successful to me, compared to their previous games. They've never had this much attention before, and the overall receiption has been very good. Personally, I like their games, and I feel they're heading in the right direction, so this is good news to me.

As for motion sickness: I tend to get that in first person games that get the physics wrong. The moving-through-doors animation in Greedfall managed to cause a slight issue, but the general movement did not. It was only the door animation because of the camera swirl thing.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

December 12th, 2019, 14:30
Just a heads up GreedFall released on GOG with a 25% off coupon.

Link - https://www.gog.com/game/greedfall
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

December 12th, 2019, 14:43
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
Weird, the only motion sickness I ever got from gaming was the first time playing Skyrim VR. It goes away after awhile though and doesn't come back, hence the term VR sealegs. I didn't know you could get motion sickness from a typical video game. Sorry to hear for you blobby and couch.
Greedfall has an "auto-swingy" camera that always tries to recenter itself + motion blur and depth of field. It's awful for people sensible to motions.

I had to install a mod for the camera, change the FOV and disable a bunch of visual features to play it otherwise it was just headache and feeling dizzi.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
Last edited by azarhal; December 12th, 2019 at 21:37.

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 12th, 2019, 19:25
Wow, crazy. Learn something new every day (games can cause motion sickness).

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 12th, 2019, 21:45
Its on sale now @ gog for a few dollars off - sure it will see a deeper discount sometime in the future - they always do.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

December 12th, 2019, 22:29
While I didn't finish the game, I played Greedfall for a great many hours. I got much farther in it than any other Spider game. I too am hopeful for more growth from the arachnids. It mite tick me off if the Scorpions did the music for them.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

December 12th, 2019, 23:13
I Liked greedfall so much and in order to support the developers I ordered greedfall a second time, now via GOG.com….. I hope Spiders continues to develop these kind of games…..

Lannister

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 15th, 2019, 03:32
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
I Liked greedfall so much and in order to support the developers I ordered greedfall a second time, now via GOG.com….. I hope Spiders continues to develop these kind of games…..
Well, that seems extreme but commendable. I liked the story and think it managed to evoke the general zeitgeist in a particular narrative setting.

mat9813004

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Greedfall - Was it a Success?