Troubleshooter - Turn-based RPG in Early Access - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Troubleshooter - Turn-based RPG in Early Access

Default Troubleshooter - Turn-based RPG in Early Access

April 19th, 2020, 00:53
Troubleshooter is a turn-based RPG with story-based play and strategic battles. You choose from a selection of classes and customize character growth with masteries and unique abilities.

loading…

[Notice] We are focusing to provide new scenario missions and characters.

Offline mode is for users with unstable internet connections. Therefore, some contents are organized differently compared to the online mode.

We have no multiplayer contents yet. But for the safe and pair player information, You need a network connection.

[Notice] Troubleshooter has a regular maintenance and update every week. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to access the game during that time.

• Duration: 2 hours (Could be decrease or increase depending on the situation.)

About Troubleshooter…

The basic system and interface part (cover, overwatch, rush) of a battle to operate a combat system is similar to 'XCOM'.
However, core battle rules for combat and the growth of characters that affect combat is similar to 'Final Fantasy Tactics'.
Troubleshooter is a RPG game with strategic elements, not strategic games. So we like a more forgiving regarding death.

STORY

Troubleshooter is a turn-based RPG with the story of Albus and the events happening around him. The story begins with Albus becoming an official Troubleshooter who then returns to his hometown to begin his journey as he meets new friends and colleagues on the way.

OBJECTIVES

The story of Albus will be updated continuously.

You will experience different events and meet different people and make it through the missions by playing as Albus and controlling his colleagues.

The characters appearing in the missions will have different decisions to make, and this will affect the relationships of the characters within the game to provide a slightly different story depending on the decisions.

RELATIONSHIPS

The current version contains a tutorial, 39 scenario stages, and 30 repeatable stages.

There are colleagues who accompany Albus through the game. You will be able to meet different characters as you play his story. You might meet them during missions and become friends or you can recruit them to make them an official member of the company.

Users may recruit different characters and choose different combinations for each mission to suit their style of play.

The current version allows you to recruit Sion, Irene, Anne, Heixing, Ray, Giselle, Kylie and Leton as your team members.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

April 19th, 2020, 08:55
I grabbed this one a while back. It's pretty interesting. The RPG mechanics are solid, and with a lot more work, this could turn out to be a great title.

Sadly, the UI is really messy (as with a lot of games from Asia, it seems like) and the gameplay is, erm…let's call it mystifying. At your HQ, there are so many buttons and so many tabs and so many things you level up. And the descriptions that are there are so badly translated that they're meaningless. All I could do was scratch my head, squint at the screen, and hope I was picking the right thing. Then I'd read something and say, hey, that sounds like it would be useful - let's do that. Well, no - that didn't happen because I couldn't figure out where it was or how to make it happen. About all I could figure out was how to switch items/gear and how to get back into a generic area fight. I honestly had no idea what I was doing, and I kinda feel like that should be the first thing you import - something that gives the player a solid grasp of what they're doing.

It's decent fun as-is, and maybe others have had an easier time figuring this one out than I have. But I urge you to wait for either an unbelievable sale or for release. It's playable, but good luck figuring out what that means, exactly.
--
Author of the Flapper Covenant series. Book Two currently in progress!

staff editor and columnist, RPGWatch.com
Twitter: cassieyorke87

Aubrielle

Noveliste
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

April 19th, 2020, 09:47
Combat animations look extremely long/slow (like "how not to do combat in a turn-based system"), can they be skipped ?

DR490N

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

April 19th, 2020, 13:18
Originally Posted by DR490N View Post
Combat animations look extremely long/slow (like "how not to do combat in a turn-based system"), can they be skipped ?
That's a good question - I guess I never thought to try. *ponders* I'm gonna assume no, at least not yet. I didn't find them completely terrible - I think there were flaws that I found somewhat more painful, if that tells you anything…

I do hope this game realizes its full potential, because it really is more fun than it looks. I just couldn't recommend that anyone drop the cash on it as it stands right now.
--

Aubrielle

Noveliste
RPGWatch Team

+1:

April 19th, 2020, 13:44
I was wondering why the bad guys never fought back. They just stood there waiting for the kids to finish their dances.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Skyrim Worshipper
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

April 19th, 2020, 14:34
Originally Posted by Aubrielle View Post
I grabbed this one a while back. It's pretty interesting. The RPG mechanics are solid, and with a lot more work, this could turn out to be a great title.

Sadly, the UI is really messy (as with a lot of games from Asia, it seems like) and the gameplay is, erm…let's call it mystifying. At your HQ, there are so many buttons and so many tabs and so many things you level up. And the descriptions that are there are so badly translated that they're meaningless. All I could do was scratch my head, squint at the screen, and hope I was picking the right thing. Then I'd read something and say, hey, that sounds like it would be useful - let's do that. Well, no - that didn't happen because I couldn't figure out where it was or how to make it happen. About all I could figure out was how to switch items/gear and how to get back into a generic area fight. I honestly had no idea what I was doing, and I kinda feel like that should be the first thing you import - something that gives the player a solid grasp of what they're doing.

It's decent fun as-is, and maybe others have had an easier time figuring this one out than I have. But I urge you to wait for either an unbelievable sale or for release. It's playable, but good luck figuring out what that means, exactly.
Thanks for sharing this, Aubrielle, It's a known fact that Eastern games suufer from bad translation (note: when there is a translation available) when released on West.

I think I'll follow your advice and wait for a good discount. This game is/was on my Steam wishlist and I think I can cross it off now. I like turn-based strategy games and there are 2 of them about to be released this April (Gear Tactics and Chimera Squad), and they will get me busy for some time

Perhaps I'll get Troubleshooter when the translation issues got fixed, who knows?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
+1:

April 19th, 2020, 20:16
i do hate that manga shit (yep my opinion). to bad, do love turnbased.
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

April 21st, 2020, 00:50
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
Thanks for sharing this, Aubrielle, It's a known fact that Eastern games suufer from bad translation (note: when there is a translation available) when released on West.

I think I'll follow your advice and wait for a good discount. This game is/was on my Steam wishlist and I think I can cross it off now. I like turn-based strategy games and there are 2 of them about to be released this April (Gear Tactics and Chimera Squad), and they will get me busy for some time

Perhaps I'll get Troubleshooter when the translation issues got fixed, who knows?
Yeah, definitely - Troubleshooter is one to keep an eye on, for sure. There's so much potential there, and if the game lives up to even half of it, it'll be a formidable turn-based RPG.

On the plus side, the devs are crazy busy with this one - they update every single day, no lie.
--

Aubrielle

Noveliste
RPGWatch Team

April 21st, 2020, 01:50
If the ingame music will be sax sessions like in the vid, I don't care about anything else.
Kick me when it's out of beta, please.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2020, 19:54
Seems that this game is not early access any more. That was quick.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/47031…8817135182684/
So, early access is ending today?
Any idea at what time we'll get the full release? I'm looking forward to play finally play this game again
Originally posted by Dandylion:
Yes. We are waiting for the translation of the last updated content. Although it will be delayed a little, it will be converted to a formal release within a day.
Safe to buy now or what?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Troubleshooter - Turn-based RPG in Early Access