Mafia Trilogy/Remaster - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Mafia Trilogy/Remaster

Default Mafia Trilogy/Remaster

May 19th, 2020, 21:42
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Mafia 2 and 3 Definitives are available now. Mafia 1 Definitive on August 28.
Coolio, my Mafia 3 had been upgraded to "definitive" for free.
Mafia 2 hasn't been, though. My one is now called "Mafia II (Classic)" and the definitive edition is a separate purchase, at a hefty NZ$59.95. Makes sense, due to the work to upgrade it to the new engine, but a leeeetle discount would've been nice.
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

May 19th, 2020, 21:55
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
Coolio, my Mafia 3 had been upgraded to "definitive" for free.
Mafia 2 hasn't been, though. My one is now called "Mafia II (Classic)" and the definitive edition is a separate purchase, at a hefty NZ$59.95. Makes sense, due to the work to upgrade it to the new engine, but a leeeetle discount would've been nice.
Mafia 2 Definitive is also for free for owners of the original. My version also went into Classic initially, but then with a bit of twidling with the steam client around, the Definitive one was also added. It might be that the migration is a bit slow, or it's something else. But you should, in the end, have the definitive one. You'll have the option to play either Classic or Definitive, for Mafia 2.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

+1:

May 19th, 2020, 22:32
I'm excited about this…I never played the game, but know it was well reviewed. I also like the time period and it looks like they are remaking it with excellent graphics and bells and whistles in the form of extra stuff added to the game.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 19th, 2020, 22:37
Mafia 2 Definitive is also for free for owners of the original. My version also went into Classic initially, but then with a bit of twidling with the steam client around, the Definitive one was also added. It might be that the migration is a bit slow, or it's something else. But you should, in the end, have the definitive one. You'll have the option to play either Classic or Definitive, for Mafia 2.
Hey, you're right, it's there. Excellent!
--
Proud leader of the Shit Games Liberation Front
All your shit games are belong to us

Shagnak

SGLF Founder

May 20th, 2020, 09:22
I have Mafia II and all DLC, but I haven't received the definitive edition.

On the Steam page, it says purchasing the definitive edition gives you a free copy of the classic edition, but I don't see anything about owners of the original getting the definitive version for free.

*Edit* After exiting and restarting Steam, it's now showing the definitive edition in my library.

Has anyone tried it yet?
Last edited by JDR13; May 20th, 2020 at 09:36.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
+1:

May 20th, 2020, 17:17
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I have Mafia II and all DLC, but I haven't received the definitive edition.

On the Steam page, it says purchasing the definitive edition gives you a free copy of the classic edition, but I don't see anything about owners of the original getting the definitive version for free.

*Edit* After exiting and restarting Steam, it's now showing the definitive edition in my library.

Has anyone tried it yet?
Haven't tried it yet, but from what I hear, Mafia 1 is a full remake (all graphical assets, and it sounds to me they even changed the main voice actor?). Mafia 2 is just a 4K upscale. And Mafia 3 is basically just a GOTY edition.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

May 20th, 2020, 19:09
Don't want to be a downer but player reviews are not great right now. The biggest compliant is the graphic overhaul feels rushed, and some textures don't look right.

The recent patches have also slowed down the game based on Steam comments.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

May 20th, 2020, 19:53
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Don't want to be a downer but player reviews are not great right now. The biggest compliant is the graphic overhaul feels rushed, and some textures don't look right.

The recent patches have also slowed down the game based on Steam comments.
I hope this is not emblematic of how things will look in Mafia 1.
That would be really sad. It would really suck for them to dig the game out and just do a bad job.
We shall see.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

May 20th, 2020, 22:17
Considering the install size for the new version is nearly 6x that of the original, I can understand the complaints if it doesn't look significantly better.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

May 21st, 2020, 01:18
I wouldn't mind an update of the first one. I remember enjoying it, but it's sufficiently hazy that I could enjoy it again, in a less clunky form.
--
"And if I laugh at any mortal thing, 'tis that I may not weep."

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

Tags
mafia remaster
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Mafia Trilogy/Remaster