Daedalic Entertainment - Memoria Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Daedalic Entertainment has released a new trailer for it's fantasy point & click adventure game Memoria. It's set in the RPG universe of The Dark Eye.

Daedalic Entertainment presents their new point & click adventure 'Memoria'.
Step into the fantastic world of Aventuria and follow two intertwined stories from different epochs. Five centuries have passed since Princess Sadja of the far realm of Fasar set forth to become the greatest hero of all time.But for reasons no one remembers, she failed.

Her deeds forgotten, her name lost in the sands of time. Now it is on Geron, the young bird catcher, to unravel the secret of the vanished princess.

'The Dark Eye: Memoria' will be released on August 30th, 2013.
Order now on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/243…
Find more information regarding the game on the game's official website:
http://www.memoria-game.com
and on our Facebook profile http://facebook.com/daedalic
More information.

Last edited:
Not sure what to make of that. Is it intended to be an 'adventure' in the King's Quest sense of the word?

Oh, almost forgot about that one. Just finished Chains of Satinav a few days ago.

Was a nice game, but the ending was a little too fast and lots of the riddles in the game were just stupid testing. Totally untypically for me my favorite part of Chains of Satinav was the fae fantasy realm, which was quite crazy. But in this crazyness all the riddles followed a logic which made sense.

In the feature list they say that the riddles are improved in this new game. Also I'd love to see how the story ends. An I love the german voice for Nuri, makes the character absolutely cute. ^^

Not sure what to make of that. Is it intended to be an 'adventure' in the King's Quest sense of the word?

It's a classical graphic adventure (Like Maniac Mansion or Kings Quest) set in a fantasy world which has it's origin in a German pen and paper brand called "Das Schwarze Auge".

But there is a couple of english stuff in this world as well (all CRPGS):
Realms of Arkania Trilogy
Drakensang and Drakensang River of time (not Drakensang Online)
Chains of Satinav
Blackguards (tactical RPG which will be released 19th of september if I remember right)

and the remake of Blade of Destiny which you should forget about.

Blackguards comes mid November. It's a full fledged TB RPG.

Daedalic is at the moment the world's leading developer & publisher of classic point & click adventures.

Search for Chains of Satinav on GOG. If they have that they'll carry Memoria too.

Daedalic's games are usually on GOG, but here Deep Silver is involved too.

Search for Chains of Satinav on GOG. If they have that they'll carry Memoria too.

Daedalic's games are usually on GOG, but here Deep Silver is involved too.

Yes, GOG does have Chains of Satinav. Is that one any good btw?

Blackguards comes mid November. It's a full fledged TB RPG.

Oh damn. You are right. Now what should I play all September and October? ^^

About Chains of Satinav: As I mentioned before I think it's a decent game. But I wouldn't call it really good. The riddles are just too absurd for the most time. So instead of thinking "I have to combine this with that because it makes sense" you start to just use everything on everything. The exception was a part in the middle where you are in a fantasy realm (much like Alice in Wonderland or Mirrormask) where you could turn a room upside down by doing so with a picture representing this room. This realm was absurd in itself, but the riddles absolutely made sense.
My recommendation: If you can get it in a sale it's fine. Otherwise you should try out Book of Unwritten tales (not critter chronicles) which was better in a couple of regards.

I liked Chains of Satinav very much. Visuals, story, music and atmosphere are great. The riddles are mixed, but in general I have no problems with them.
I have some worries about release on GOG - on the one hand probably all Daedalic games are on GOG, but there is DeepSilver involved as was said, and no news about release, no preorder. So probably it will be on GOG someday, but maybe not from the start…

No, it's an sequel to "Satinav's Chains", the TDE Adventure (which didn't sell well in Germany because of Steam I guess).

The third, yet-to-make game will conclude verything.

but there is DeepSilver involved as was said,

If I remember correctly, they had to do an collaboration with Deep Silver because Deep Silver was basically their entrance to Steam.
Steam/Valve themselves didn't want to put Satinav's Chains into Steam ("wouldn't fit to our audience" or what the reasoning was, makes me really wonder about today's state of gaming), so they had to "use" Deep Silver as an "vehicle" for that.

German here. It still makes me snicker to hear any talk about "Aventurien" aka Aventuria in English.

I play *all* games in English, mind ya, because somehow fantasy HAS to be English in my mind. But Aventuria… I just can't imagine this fairy tale sort of world I played as tabletop since I was 12 in English at all. hehe

EDIT: Ok watched the trailer now. It seems even Aventuria isn't the fairy tale world I knew it in my youth. Sigh. Back then it was an everlasting present time, never really changing, always with benevolent Emperor Hal ruling and just some mystery. Then... they thought they had to bring epic scale destruction to Aventuria. To bring drama of Apocalypses. sigh.... I wish Aventuria had remained that fairy tale place of my youth. But then, I feel the same about Batman comics.

All this gloom and doom people love so much these days... I dislike it.

It's a classical graphic adventure (Like Maniac Mansion or Kings Quest) set in a fantasy world which has it's origin in a German pen and paper brand called "Das Schwarze Auge".

But there is a couple of english stuff in this world as well (all CRPGS):
Realms of Arkania Trilogy
Drakensang and Drakensang River of time (not Drakensang Online)
Chains of Satinav
Blackguards (tactical RPG which will be released 19th of september if I remember right)

and the remake of Blade of Destiny which you should forget about.
Demonicon too, is planned to be released in October

@Those interested in chains of satinav:
GOG only offers the English language as it seems. If you want to play it in the original language (german) you should probably get it on steam instead.

@elikal
Totally agree. Also don't like the stuff which is in the…lets say "extended universe".
Don't like the whole post apocalyptic stuff (though I am normally a post apoc fan) and also the steampunk stuff found on the other continent isn't my taste. So you just pretend it doesn't exist.

And that is actually why…

@gandalf
…I didn't mention Demonicon. ^^
It's a hack and slay game set in a world which has basically absolutely nothing left of the classical franchise. So yeah, while it is technically set in the universe, like a Planescape Torment-First Person Shooter would be a Dungeons and Dragons game (to give a non German example) and there is a vague story connection it does not reflect the actual franchise at all.

Blackguards is a full fledged TB RPG.

Didn't want to make a new thread for that, also because this video is just in German:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL5Q6-ebkC4

But for the english speaking guys some snippets from it:
The reporter asks about the roleplaying parts of this game as the previous focus was mostly on combat (190 Battlemaps).
Deadalic answers that there are RPG elements, and these elements can be for example that you come into a room and have to find out what it this room is actually about, you have to make decisions which may be good or bad. But they might seem gut but later in the game you may find out you actually made a bad decision (by me: think Witcher1).
One example was also that you might find a room with a lot of chests, you plunder some or all of them, but this might have the impact that the amount of enemies you will face afterwards will be higher which you don't know beforehand. It's like you have to live with the consequences.

Most of the decisions however are on the battlemaps themselves.

Some of the character might also not do on the battlemap what they should do (e.g. because they took drugs).

He also mentions that everything in the plan for release at the end of the year.
——

From the rest (and previous interviews) it sounds much like this game consists of going from battlemap from battlemap. In each battlemap you have to do things. Like solving riddles, fighting and whatnot.
While this can be "full fledged TB RPG" as Gorath mentioned, I think it's not what most people would expect from such a title.

EDIT: Ok watched the trailer now. It seems even Aventuria isn't the fairy tale world I knew it in my youth. Sigh. Back then it was an everlasting present time, never really changing, always with benevolent Emperor Hal ruling and just some mystery. Then… they thought they had to bring epic scale destruction to Aventuria. To bring drama of Apocalypses. sigh…. I wish Aventuria had remained that fairy tale place of my youth. But then, I feel the same about Batman comics.

All this gloom and doom people love so much these days… I dislike it.

Didn't you read my entries about the last TDE games here yet ? In them, I explained everything. Just take a look at the Drakensang sub-forums.

Meanwhile Borbarad's invasion was an great event, I never really liked - although planned by the team, then, that Tobria should become an area filled with Horror. An horror-themepark, so to say.

Only in the recent times - more than 10 years after the original event ! - there has been attempts to reduce that - through the "Splitterdämmerung" meta-campaign.

Since then, there have roughly been 2 kinds of TDE players :

- Those who like the "old Aventuria" in the way that you descrivbed it, complete with an strong fairy-tale touch
- those who came to TDE AFTER Borbarad's invasion, where everything was "dark & gritty" now. Of course, they don't want "the old Aventuria" to come back again, because "Greyturia" is the way they know TDE.

But for the english speaking guys some snippets from it:

I wrote down a few "first impressions" in my RPC thread.

"Blackguards" ( no German title for an TDE game, which is an absolute novelty ! ) is basically an TB game about bunch of criominals on the run, who "accidentally save the world", according to the preview.

I just found something odd :

The description of Memoria on Amazon says :

Spannende Story auf zwei Zeitebenen – eine davon zur Zeit der legendären Magierkriege, welche Aventurien in seinen Grundfesten erschütterten

Translation : "Fascinating/exciting story on two time levels - one of them at the time of the legendary Magierkriege", which shocked Aventuria in its foundations !"

Now, these "Magierkriege" (Magewars, Wizardwars, or how they could be translated) were something that was originally to be explored by LMK !

Now that's interesting. The Legacy of LMK finally comes back ... In one form or in another ...

What was never revealed was, how much was actually officially developed towards these "Magierkriege" - I mean, officially by the team responsible for TDE & Aventuria. To me, that's still a riddle.

Is Memoria now drawing from those things that were developed for the "Magierkriege" thing in LMK (about which we don't know much, either) ? Or are they using completely new material ? Either developed by Deadalic or by the current team responsible for TDE & Aventuria ?

Just so you know adventuregames, both staff and the audience, say that Memoria had the best graphics among all adventures in past year:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/26025/page9

The most of aggies however were taken by Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Which means only one thing. Since the genre is not dead, and you want to play only the best, buy at least one or all those three games ASAP. As a plus, I have to add that none of those games contain any DLC scam. :D

Back
Top Bottom