Hades - Inside Supergiant Games

I'm wondering what NoClip will tackle next, they have their roadmap but it's only known to Behind-the-Scenes patrons (which I'm not). I'd like to see a Bioware story :p
Depends as the studio had a though year. They closed down their place of business and sold it due to Co-Vid and mentioned it would impact/slow-down production.

I would miss these guys if they stopped doing the documentaries.:(

Last edited:
I'm wondering what NoClip will tackle next, they have their roadmap but it's only known to Behind-the-Scenes patrons (which I'm not). I'd like to see a Bioware story :p

This seems way beyond the scope of the games they've done. I haven't played Hades, but Transistor and Pyre were both rather simple and small games when it comes to gameplay. The rave reviews they got I think has to do with how the games were presented (both visually and with great sound), that they have pretty unusual stories and ideas and that the gameplay that is present is well executed. Gameplay wise something like a Bioware game would be a huge step up in content and scope and would probably require a much bigger team.

Depends as the studio had a though year. They closed down their place of business and sold it due to Co-Vid and mentioned it would impact/slow-down production.

I would miss these guys if they stopped doing the documentaries.:(

Yes, that was sad to watch. Things seemed to be going well for them, before Covid. It's a great feeling when your business gets to the point where you set up your first proper premises. Must be disheartening to have to dismantle it all and move out so soon afterwards.

This seems way beyond the scope of the games they've done. I haven't played Hades, but Transistor and Pyre were both rather simple and small games when it comes to gameplay. The rave reviews they got I think has to do with how the games were presented (both visually and with great sound), that they have pretty unusual stories and ideas and that the gameplay that is present is well executed. Gameplay wise something like a Bioware game would be a huge step up in content and scope and would probably require a much bigger team.
Yes, I admit it's an old company, a large scope and they'd have to choose carefully.
Skipping a few less-known or cancelled titles, I'd find it interesting to be their debuts (BG, BG 2, NWN), but most people have left and they'd have to chase them down. They'd have to remember about it, too.
Then there's KotOR and Jade Empire.
And what came after EA's acquisition, which may be more controversial, but also more interesting to a larger audience, and probably easier to make: Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

They've already done well-known names like Arkane Studios, id Software, IO Interactive, Obsidian Entertainment, and also bigger companies such as CD Projekt. They can pick a game, see its reception, and grow from there to a series or other games, using their initial contacts.

I don't think the number of developers is much relevant, they usually limit the interviews to the game director and a few development leaders. The Witcher wasn't a small project.

One issue may be the key people who left, but they managed quite well with remote interviews, so even if they couldn't travel to different places, it would still be possible to stitch it together.

I won't submit that for news, because it could be seen as an announcement :p

NoClip has communicated some changes they want to do. It's all good, actually it's a relief to hear they'll continue their amazing job :)

One of the changes is getting more documentaries on classic games! Their objective is to release them every two months or so, the main focus remaining on contemporary games.

Back
Top Bottom