Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - Quality of Life Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new quality of life update for Warsim: The Realm of Aslona brings many new features.

Warsim 0.8.3.6 (The Quality of Life Update, 119 features)

Hey Everyone,

The last week and a half has been amazing, since the Overwhelmingly Positive update we've had a ton of new amazing reviews and nearly 1000 new Warsim players! To everyone new, Welcome :)

This update is a pretty broad one, lots of little fixes and quality of life additions. I'm still working through a mix of bug reports and backlogged suggestions while also working through the combat update plans.

NAME SUFFIX SYSTEM EXPANDED (3 features)

For a long time certain name suffixes have been able to have addons added to them 'Garbald the Sad' could also be 'Garbald the Sad Knight' or 'Garbald the Sad Raider' modified by Warsim's in-game suffix add on system. Unlike adding new name suffixes, adding new suffix addons was a harder process done only within the games code. I set out to completely replace that system and have it fully moddable and accessible just like the suffix system is, so now in a new text file called 'Name Suffix Addon.txt' in the main Warsim Data folder you can find all of the possible addons followed by the battlescore bonus they provide. While expanding this system I added a ton of new addon parts which has led to over a quarter of a million new possible random name suffix combinations. You'll see these as hirable champions, staff members, enemy rulers etc. This system is even more exciting for me because unlike the 3000ish current name suffixes, all of these will be random and unpredictable combinations that will even catch me offguard. Being caught offguard with random content in a game I've spent 5 years making and know like the back of my hand is always a bonus!

* Added new moddable system for name suffix addons
* Added 265 new name suffix addons (was 57 now 322 total) (With 1199 total modifiable name suffixes this means there are 386'078 possible random name suffix combinations now)
* Made name suffix addon system 2x more likely to be used when generating names

Some of the random names created by the new system

ab81d42e32124b9c054afc6cc143323debe409f7.png

MILITIA GROWTH (2 features)

A good point was made on our discord by Paul-2020 about not being able to see Militia unit growth, I've now added mention of it to the end of turn report.

* Added ability to see how many peasants have joined the milita each year in end of turn report (credit Paul-2020)
* Added alternate text for militia recruiting a single peasant in end of turn report

New militia end of turn notice

cb58c8c2313df923fdb9c4771a6d55db747ff1c1.png

[...]
More information.

Back
Top Bottom