Assassin's Creed - Next One in Brazil?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Gaminformer Ubisoft devs reportedly want the next Assassin's Creed to be set in Brazil.

That being said, he did add that in the immediate future, he'd love to see the culture of South America take center stage in the Assassin's Creed franchise. "From the Incas to the Spanish Conquistadors," Mercieca told the site that he would love to see this location explored more thoroughly and that the Assassin's Creed games are the perfect way to do just that.

While the Assassin's Creed franchise has always been fiction, its entirety has been rooted heavily in history. Becoming a Viking in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, taking on gods in Odyssey, exploring ancient Egypt in Origins, taking the streets of Jerusalem - the sky is limitless regarding where the Ubisoft staple can go next.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Earth nations just experienced M.A.D. and suffered horrible Nuclear Holocaust. But the first voice on Freedom Survivor Radio is:
- Hey peeps! As a present for you hero (radioactive mutant) survivors we decided to release Assassin's Creed 26 and Final Fantasy 155 for free for Christmas!

You could make the game in current day Brazil. How to survive the pandemic when you have a clown for a leader.

From the article:

"That being said, he [Mr. Alain Mercieca] did add that in the immediate future, he'd love to see the culture of South America take center stage in the Assassin's Creed franchise. 'From the Incas to the Spanish Conquistadors' (…)"

If those are game features and/or premises for the game to be set on Brazil, then stop! Stop it for fuck's sake!!! Let me be crystal clear:

a) We had no Inca indians here. According to Wikipedia, "At its largest, the empire joined Peru, western Ecuador, western and south central Bolivia, northwest Argentina, a large portion of what is today Chile, and the southwesternmost tip of Colombia". As you can see, no Brazil here;

b) We were colonized by Portugal, not Spain. So, no Spanish Conquistadors here as well;

c) As a bonus piece of information to Ubisoft, we speak Portuguese and our capital city is Brasília, neither São Paulo nor Buenos Aires. Just saying, maybe they just don't know this…

Last edited:
@henriquejr; has it always been Brasilia? For some reason I thought I memorized it as a kid as Rio de Janeiro (sp?).

@henriquejr; has it always been Brasilia? For some reason I thought I memorized it as a kid as Rio de Janeiro (sp?).

It was Rio up until 1960, then it was moved to Brasilia. Also, the first capital was Salvador up to 1763.

It was Rio up until 1960, then it was moved to Brasilia. Also, the first capital was Salvador up to 1763.

You deserve a 10! As Chico Anysio's Professor Raimundo would say: "I wanted to have a son like that!" :)

This the fourth setting I've seen mentioned in the last month.:roll:

The other three were Ancient China, modern day, or space.

This the fourth setting I've seen mentioned in the last month.:roll:

The other three were Ancient China, modern day, or space.

Maybe it's a Modern Day Brazilian community in China, and there is a lot of Space… for imagination.

Good one but no doesn't interest me. Just go back to the Odyssey formula but in Ancient Rome. I just played Assassin's Creed Valhalla this week and I'm not liking it.

Seems some idiot decided to combine elements of the older games, and remove other features. Bottom-line feels like two steps back from everything I loved about Odyssey.

Bottom-line feels like two steps back from everything I loved about Odyssey.
Agreed!
Odyssey was a good game, Valhalla was an ok game.

"That being said, he [Mr. Alain Mercieca] did add that in the immediate future, he'd love to see the culture of South America take center stage in the Assassin's Creed franchise. 'From the Incas to the Spanish Conquistadors'"

If those are game features and/or premises for the game to be set on Brazil, then stop!

I have to defend him because its NOT what he said. He was talking about South America so his statement is correct. Brazil was put there by an editor so its his/her lack of knowledge.

Mercieca also mentioned "Though Black Flag did touch on some of it, Im feeling more the Brazil region." so it was little unfortunate but its clear that he tried to put easy to follow statement that its not the same Caribbean region but more south - and Brazil is just the most known region as reference. He probably underestimated stupidity of media ppl because they make "Brazil" out of it. :roll: :)

So, this means I'm not going to be able to play as a black market air conditioner repair man??

AC Valhalla in my view was a great game, although not quite as good as Odyssey, and much better than the decent Origins which I believe is from the same developers who created AC Valhalla. In my view the quality of writing in Odyssey and Valhalla are top notch, as is the gameplay.

Can't agree half or what made Odyssey a good RPG was removed. The loss of quest markers, and the the bird eye changes are a step back. The story telling wasn't good either. Don't get me started on those stupid fetch quests for relics from older games.

My god they even brought back those stupid woe is me death cut-scenes again.:roll:

I was hoping for china setting.

Whatever setting they choose I’d like to see them go for a smaller scale and less repetition. I had to take a break from odyssey because it’s just so big and repetitive. Doing the same things to weaken territories so I can fight the war battle was getting stale. Also kind of wish they would have made me choose a side instead of being able to jump back and forth with no consequences. Actually really enjoy the story though.

I was hoping for china setting.

Whatever setting they choose I’d like to see them go for a smaller scale and less repetition. I had to take a break from odyssey because it’s just so big and repetitive. Doing the same things to weaken territories so I can fight the war battle was getting stale. Also kind of wish they would have made me choose a side instead of being able to jump back and forth with no consequences. Actually really enjoy the story though.

I realized early on that there's no lasting point to engaging in those battles, so I stopped doing it. I think I ended up doing it just once voluntarily, and two, maybe three times as required by the plot.

I'd like to see them go for a smaller scale and less repetition.
They did it's called Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Less of everything this time. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom