What games are you playing now?

The teleporters are too widely spaced - and with the respawns, it gets really frustrating sometimes.

I absolutely hate the way these games force downtime traveling - and it deserves a mention.

You're definitely right about that. They really needed to up the number of travel points so you can get to where you want to be without redoing big sections of the game.

Why would it lead to problems? I've built many pcs and always disable the integrated graphics in the bios if a discrete card is used.
Disabling integrated GPU also means faster overheating the laptop plus sucks the battery dry faster than if not disabled. I'm not sure why are you doing it to people, but I don't think you wish them well.

I don't mean to be cruel, but I normally ignore joxer's bullshit.

In this case, though, I think it's important to mention that it's absolutely safe to disable integrated GPU - and I highly recommend doing so, if you want to avoid issues.

Obviously, using a dedicated GPU will generate more heat and consume more power, but that's not a problem unless you block ventilation and intend to use it for extended periods of time without power - which is hardly why you got yourself a laptop with dedicated graphics in the first place.

It's the first thing I did with my Alienware m11x - and I've never had reason to regret it.

In this case, though, I think it's important to mention that it's absolutely safe to disable integrated GPU - and I highly recommend doing so, if you want to avoid issues.

Obviously, using a dedicated GPU will generate more heat and consume more power, but that's not a problem unless you block ventilation and intend to use it for extended periods of time without power - which is hardly why you got yourself a laptop with dedicated graphics in the first place.

It's the first thing I did with my Alienware m11x - and I've never had reason to regret it.

The original m11x had great control over the graphic subsystems - I could force-swap at will and never had an issue because of it. The Rev 2 had more of the 'intelligent' system which was predictably stupid.

I have been checking out the GoG thread - thanks for that. Definitely worth me playing around more. :)

And of course installed System Shock2. And Borderlands 2 ... but that I am playing again on the PS Vita (in case you're wondering ... no, not remotely as good as on PC!):)

I need to start doing that, some of the stuff he says is so ridiculous though I can't help it.

I'm not sure why are you doing it to people, but I don't think you wish them well.

I don't build people laptops.

Your right though, I've built about 100 PC's, none for profit and many for free as they couldn't afford to buy a pre built but I wish them all harm.:roll:

Sometimes your just an asshole and I tire of it.:mad:

Yellow card, please.

And I say don't give him yellow card.

First, because either you or me misinterpretted the other one. If your posting style is to repeat "asshole" towards me, feel free to do it, I've explained already why that particular word doesn't bother me. As long as I don't see "cretin" or something like that, we're fine. :)

I never ment desktop PCs, of course you'll disable integrated GPU in them and it's probably disabled by default. At least for a while… I'll come to that later.
In laptops is as I said another story. Didn't suck it out of my pinkie, there is a good reason why laptops by default come with both GPU enabled (if they have a separate card, ofc) and also why nVidia Control Panel and Ati Catalyst have an option to force software exe to use a specific GPU, but well, I suppose you don't have to trust me:
http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming-laptops/graphics-cards-integrated-vs.-dedicated.html

One more thing. You're also assuming I didn't build any PC in my life and dunno what am I talking about. Just don't, please, because I did. Please, always assume I just don't want to harm or scam people. Even when my post sounds rude. I just make a message, it's people's choice what they'll do next. Thankyou.

To return back why in a while disabling GPU will become counterproductive in desktops - it's win10.
Not everyone will switch on it instantly, but many will, at least to test it.
DX12 brings something IMO spectacular, and it's using both GPUs at the same time for calculations (currently, using both is available only as multimonitor output support). In normal words - DX12 should improve your machine performance if you don't disable integrated GPU.
I'm not saying we'll all be enabling integrated GPU on desktops, especially people who are with SLI or Crossfire duos, some even with quads. But the majority who use singleGPU machine will love the feature (assuming it will work without problems and assuming the performance won't be boosted by just 1-3%).
More on it:
http://www.pcgamer.com/directx-12-will-be-able-to-use-your-integrated-gpu-to-improve-performance/#!

That'd be it. If there is a need for step by step how to set an app to use a specific GPU in it's tools options, I'll post it.

Last edited:
Playing around a bit this morning ... DivDiv is still sketchy, but will play with the config tool later after work. But one thing I noticed was that the 'nVidia Experiance' panel buried the basic GeForce control, and once I got there and could force specific settings ... things are much better with the other games I've tried.

* Note: the repeated letters you occasionally see are a wonderful artifact of the Bluetooth keyboard I use with my phone. Best one I've used (ZaggKeys Universal) but they're all occasionally glitchy - especially when I have multiple active BT items simultaneously pinging my phone ... the keyboard, my Garmin VivoActive smartwatch, and LiveScribe smart-pen)

Not playing atm but feeling to go back and complete Dragons Dogma and Kingdoms Of Amalur

Moving on to the Secret Armory of General Knoxx now. I'm not that impressed. It doesn't help that it embraces one of the game's scrappy mechanics, driving, and has no fast travel points. That wouldn't be a problem, but you've got to fight your way across some massive maps to get where you want to go, with big on-foot sections that prevent you from just zipping across. Apparently someone's made a mod to add more teleporters, but I can't seem to find a working link to it.

I've actually resorted to phasewalking to skip the worst of it a couple of times. I've got a few unfinished quests in one area that I'm just not willing to spend twenty minutes getting back to. I may end up bailing on this one.

Edit: Oh, and I've finally, at level 40, found a replacement for the fire SMG that I've had since level 9. Hmm...

Last edited:
After I finished the last two Wolfensteins, I started to play Dishonored.

Didn't you start those Wolfensteins yesterday?
And already finished?
:D

Games i'm playing

Dragon Age: Origins & Inquisition, Mass Effect 3 and SWTOR :biggrin:

Skipped Dragon Age 2?
Shame on you! :p

As for me, I'm playing Lords of Xulima which I won in a raffle here at RPGWatch (Steam clocks 116 hours) and Card Hunter (web game, currently I'm playing mostly multiplayer matches).

I'm still messing with Borderlands 2. I'm playing a commando this time as I can sometimes just drop a turret and then run past the baddies while they fight my decoy. This is very helpful if you've died and just need to get back to to new material. I abhor playing the same exact fight over and over. Even though commandos aren't big with sniper weapons, that's my weapon of choice, again because of the turret. Climb up high, drop the turret on a lower level and snipe the baddies when they target it.

Commandos are much easier for me than the Zero character.

Didn't you start those Wolfensteins yesterday?
And already finished?
:D
Hmmm ... no, not quite. But nearly. It took me about 38 hours to play through both timelines of TNO while TOB took me exactly 10 hours (though I couldn't play it the way I wanted to due to, ahem, technical limitations. As my trusty old computer went Ray Harryhausen on me as soon as there were more than two enemies on the screen at the same time, the only way through was via mass destruction).

I've also moved on to Borderlands 2, and it instantly plays a lot better. I was torn between a gunzerker and a mechromancer, but I went with the mechromancer in the end because of how hilariously awesome high Anarchy becomes. It's a nice change playing a type that doesn't rely so heavily on its main power, even if it does take a while to get used to never reloading.

I'm also playing Borderlands 2, or at least I was. I played for about 3 hours before I lost interest.

It feels pretty much the same as Borderlands 1 to me. Endless fetch-quests, HP-sponge bosses, and humor that just isn't funny to me. I forced myself to finish the first game, but I don't see myself having the fortitude to do that again.

JDR, but... Don't abandon it!
Maybe DLC is better. :evilgrin:

Back
Top Bottom