How many times have you been in love?

Sure this ain't facebook and we're pretty much anonymous here, but sorry. My answer on the title question is reserved for a person I'm in love with.
A hint though? The answer wouldn't be the same 40 years ago. So perhaps the question should be rephrased a bit. Maybe how many times in past decade? :D

EDIT:
A song for @porcozaur; (strange life)

Last edited:
Well, if you're uncomfortable talking about something this natural, let me go first:

Once.

Once? Unless you've married highschool sweetheart asap and locked yourself out of society, how old are you? 15? :D

Well, I guess maybe twice, if you count the time I was 16 and fell in love with Vivien Leigh in Gone with the Wind :)

That movie is 4 hours long - and I must have watched it at least 20 times in a row.

Twice. That saying about love and hate being two sides of the same coin it's true.

Too often, and always in the wrong ones.

Once.
No regrets.

Two times for me. No regrets either, especially not the second time.

Hard to define where to draw the line between infatuation and love, I've probably been "in love" with somewhere around 30 different girls. But in regards to actually saying "I love you" to a woman that's not my mother nor my daughter, 4. That feels like a more reasonable number. ;)

Somewhere between 1 and 4.

I see, Darth's insidious plan (to collect our personal information and subsequently take over our identities) proceeds smoothly. :deal: :p :biggrin:

Merry christmas!

Last edited:
Darth Tagnan said:
Well, if you're uncomfortable talking about something this natural

Well, we already know joxer's love, right? Its MMO and phone scams. He clearly thinks about them veery often. :)

His new love is probably micro… something. Probably some microtranscendence or something like that. :biggrin:

Too often, and always in the wrong ones.

Its said that "we often love/want those who dont want us and dont want those who love us".

Probably bad matching algorithm. Patch needed. :)

Twice as a boy, foolishly and miserably.

Once since then, perhaps also foolishly -- does one ever become wise? I'm still waiting -- but I'm pleased to say with a happier result.

Hmm, i've been divorced twice, so maybe i'm not the best judge of what love is. Especially when I look back and consider the times I actually considered myself actually in love, and it wasn't my ex-wives, so ya maybe I need to work on that…

There's also different types of loves. After relationships, friends and family, I thought I had experienced them all, but then I had my daughter and learned of another type. And all types of love seem to be modular, as in they have some elements from another type. I've also found it interesting on how my idea of love changes as I age and experience different events. Also, I don't believe in love at first sight. That's just a crush. Being in love is something that is earned… Unless you count Kate Beckinsale. That was love at first sight.

BTW @Darth Tagnan; , you're really asking the pondering questions here these days. Just for fun, or are you having some introspective mid-life events?

Hard to define where to draw the line between infatuation and love, I've probably been "in love" with somewhere around 30 different girls.
The key thing: every love is different.
Hmm, i've been divorced twice, so maybe i'm not the best judge of what love is
Marriage and divorce are not necessarily related to love.
BTW @Darth Tagnan; , you're really asking the pondering questions here these days. Just for fun, or are you having some introspective mid-life events?
Either he's bored, has some survey agenda or still didn't find a friend to "slate intellectual lusts" with. IMO. Which is a shame really because among train commuters there was at least one person who'd like his walls of text but no, screw socializing, he had to phonegame. I find it interesting and not fascinating that after Destiny he still returned here for a post or two. Okay not really. Quality and not quantity. One day I hope he'll geddit.
Yea, past few days I'm a bit drunk. Holidays. Sorry about that. ;)

*slake
:)

Back
Top Bottom