|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Security Breach

Default Security Breach

Yesterday, 01:42
Originally Posted by figment View Post
Also I thought self-salting systems like argon2, bcrypt or scrypt are current security hashing recommendations though bcrypt is no longer generally recommended but better than sha+salt. But again its not like my bank account info is stored here so not too worried either way.
Yeah, I think the biggest risk is to people that tend to use the same details across sites, if the hashing used was outdated, and could expose their usual combination. I've known some quite senior people who are simply so stressed in terms of mental bandwidth, that they make those kinds of errors, and get "hacked".
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Yesterday, 17:12
With some ISPs, mail from RPGWatch tends to end up in spam folders apparently. Especially Gmail is known to do this. It is kind of hard to respond to people complaining about not having received an e-mail, when they do not check their spam folder, as my response ends up there as well.

If you can't recall having ever received an e-mail from RPGWatch because of a PM you have received, the mails probably ended up in your spam folder.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

Yesterday, 19:32
Myrthos,

Thanks for correcting the email address connected to my account.

Shaf

shaf

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Security Breach