Vestaria Saga - Strategy RPG Coming 2019

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Vestaria Saga is a strategy RPG due 2019 with a demo available on Steam.

Story

Vestaria Saga tells the story of international conflict between a powerful empire, and a small coastal kingdom. When an imperial ship is set ablaze near the port of Meleda, it sparks a cascade of events that thrusts young warrior Zadrian into a war for the soul and future of his kingdom. On the run from a vicious imperial force and short on allies, Zade and his small band of knights must make difficult decisions to ensure that Meleda's princess, and the very future of its lineage, remain intact.

However, not everything is as it seems, and forces in the dark corners of the continent conspire. The stage is set, and the pieces have begun to move.

Gameplay

Vestaria Saga is a classically styled Strategy RPG, where positioning, movement, and even weaponry, are paramount to success. Move your heavily armed units around a classic styled grid-based map and engage pirates, rebels, monsters, imperial soldiers, and anyone else that stands in your way.

Features

• An enthralling campaign of espionage, international intrigue, and war written by veterans of the genre.
  • Classically Styled Strategy RPG gameplay on a grid-based map.
  • Two finely tuned difficulty modes to accommodate both strategy veterans and newcomers.
  • A full English script translated from the original Japanese by the best in the business.
  • Full support for both USB controllers and keyboard & mouse.
More information.

Looks like a retro SRPG made with RPGMaker Engine.o_O

I'm not sure if I'd like this one or not, depends on how much focus is on the strategy elements. I know I prefer the combat segments myself, so I'll be watching to see what others think of this one.

I'm not sure if I'd like this one or not, depends on how much focus is on the strategy elements. I know I prefer the combat segments myself, so I'll be watching to see what others think of this one.
Despite in the video there's multiple sequences that are like Final Fantasy combats, it seems it's a game where everything is resolved on a global map. This should give a better clue than the video:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/901298-2524155-0

I played a vit a Tactic RPG from Japan doing that, but I don't remember the name

Some things about this game that are not immediately apparent by the post:

This game was made by Shouzou Kaga, one of the original creators of Fire Emblem. It plays a lot like older Fire Emblem games and is actually out right now, free for download, and fully completed on the creator's website. But it's only in Japanese.

The steam page is being done by a translator (translators?) and the money you'd be paying is for the translation effort.

So while it was probably made with rpgmaker-type tools… it was made by one of the best in the business.

Also, Kaga seems to be interested in making sequels to this game. If the translation sells well enough on Steam, the translation team would likely stick around and continue on with the sequels.

Some things about this game that are not immediately apparent by the post:

This game was made by Shouzou Kaga, one of the original creators of Fire Emblem. It plays a lot like older Fire Emblem games and is actually out right now, free for download, and fully completed on the creator's website. But it's only in Japanese.

The steam page is being done by a translator (translators?) and the money you'd be paying is for the translation effort.

So while it was probably made with rpgmaker-type tools… it was made by one of the best in the business.

Also, Kaga seems to be interested in making sequels to this game. If the translation sells well enough on Steam, the translation team would likely stick around and continue on with the sequels.
Didn't know that thanks for the information.:thumbsup:
Close, but not quite. SRPG Studio released on Steam in August last year, which is why so many of these games have suddenly been popping up with the same aesthetic.
It's easy to confuse them together as both make games that look the same.

First Fire Emblem, that's probably what I played a bit, didn't stick long to it. This global map only approach is interesting but the writing would have need be much much better to stick me in.

I'm not against paying for a port of a free game, but only if it was on Mac.

Back
Top Bottom