The TV Series discussion thread

It was indeed utter crap.
The whole Black Mirror is (probably) crap, at least what I've seen was.

Unlike co called comedies, Hulu's Future Man while not my style, managed to get me some laughs.
It parodies absolutely everything, plotholes and horrible time editing included. With that it rarely misses, vulgar it is, but not in a stupid way - it's different from modern Hollywood "comedy" garbage.

Highly recommended.

The whole Black Mirror is (probably) crap, at least what I've seen was.

Well, the first episode of Black Mirror was overtly sensationalistic and while interesting was just okay. However, the series got better after that and they (Black Mirror) have the Twilight Zone template down and I think Rod Sterling would have approved of the show overall.

Actually Black Mirror had two episodes that involved an over reaching social media. One was comedic called Nose Dive (and it was far funnier that Majority Rules) and the other was a horror story called Hated in the Nation (and the emotional impact was more intense for the characters even though it was an anthology show and those characters would never be seen again… perhaps). Interestingly both from the 3rd season.

IMO, the Orville is missing the mark. But a couple of their shows have shown a lot of promise. Like the one with the people unaware they were living in a ship or the most recent episode when the crew travels to the 2nd dimension. If this show would just invest in more writers capable of writing sci fi television they might be around for a few seasons.

Last edited:
Watched the first three episodes of The Punisher, and I can't say I'm impressed. It's not terrible, but Jon Bernthal's version of Frank Castle doesn't remind me of the source material much. I also think he's somewhat limited as an actor to begin with. Not sure if I'm going to finish it.

First two seasons of Black Mirror are generally mediocre (with an exception here and there), but the series really picked up in season 3.

We watched Twin Peaks and gave up on it. I am not a fan of David Lynch as I think he likes to be weird just for the sake of being weird, but I liked the first Twin Peaks seasons when I watched them some 7 years ago for the first time.
We watched about 4 episodes of this new season and I find it boring. The version of Cooper that is returning is just annoying and not going anywhere. There is nothing in the show that makes me curious about what is coming next.

If you are watching Lynch to be spoon-fed answers, you'll always leave the table hungry. All, I'll say once again, all of his productions are open ended and never meant to be simple, and most often require the viewer to be the voice of what actually transpired.

This also extends to his music and art. Let me say this, his movies/television shows are the easiest to understand or interpret.

Oh....and that gum you liked is coming back in style. Again. Believe that.

If you are watching Lynch to be spoon-fed answers, you'll always leave the table hungry. All, I'll say once again, all of his productions are open ended and never meant to be simple, and most often require the viewer to be the voice of what actually transpired.

This also extends to his music and art. Let me say this, his movies/television shows are the easiest to understand or interpret.

Oh….and that gum you liked is coming back in style. Again. Believe that.

Translation: If you watch Lynch, you have to imagine the good part as he doesn’t do that kind of thing.

Really enjoyed Twin Peaks S3, very typical Lynch and it won't win over anyone that wasn't a fan before.. I totally get it why some people don't like it at all. It's the same thing as with e.g industrial music or some types of art, to some its just terrible noise or crappy imagery that they find too disturbing or just boring.. It's certainly an acquired taste :)

Watched 5 episodes of Mr Robot S1 and can't decide if I like it or not. The plot has me intrigued but I don't identify with any of the characters, and it's 'edgy' to a pretentious degree. There is a ton of social commentary, some of it relevant to this discussion in the P&R forum http://https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38446

Season 1 was pretty tame compared to season 2 and season 3 goes even further!!

can't wait for a new season of Black Mirror, I love this TV show
and 5th season of Vikings is awesome

The Orville season 1 ended yesterday :( major sadness as I now have to wait like a year for more Star Trekness.

So, I finished Orville….

Hmmmmm…. Well…

Meh is what I have to finally say about it.

A few neat episodes - but mostly just silly retreading of past Trek and a bunch of relatively weak jokes.

I will check out S2 - but it's not what I briefly hoped it might be.

Anyone watching the 12 monkeys?
Yeah. I have lost track of all the going back and forth in time, whether that’s still correct.
Finished third season. Conclusion: it seems the series could go on and on and on, season after season, as long as you don’t try to find a way in this maze of time travel. :)

Anybody seen the Netflix western series, Godless? It's had some pretty strong reviews.

Back
Top Bottom