Final Fantasy XV - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Final Fantasy XV has been released on Steam with Workshop support.

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is out now and the Steam Workshop is live!

7 March - daniels
Happy launch day everyone! Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is available now and we are also proud to announce that the FFXV Steam Workshop is also up and running!

MOD support has always been an important aspect of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition and alongside the launch of the full game, we are proud to launch the FFXV Windows Edition Steam Workshop!
This is the home of all FFXV Windows Edition MODs on Steam and you can find it by clicking here

The FFXV Modding tool is not available straight away at launch but the development team are working hard to release it as soon as possible. At first the modding tool will be quite limited, but over time the FFXV team plan to add more and more functionality to the tool to give you the freedom to do a host of cool things in FFXV Windows Edition. We want anyone, even those who have never modded a game before, to be able to pick up the tools and use them confidently. Initially you will be able do things like swap costumes around but in the future, the tools will allow you to do much more. That is, if you want to!

This is a big step for us at Square Enix as we’ve never opened up one of our games to MOD support like this before. This is incredibly exciting for us and we hope you are all excited to help create and experience this with us too. That being said, this is going to be a bit of a learning experience for us so there may be some teething issues. We will of course, endeavour to give you the best possible experience with both the Steam Workshop and MOD support more generally.

We want the FFXV Windows Edition MOD community to be a welcome and open one and we will need your help to achieve this. If you see a particularly awesome and creative MOD, be sure to rate it highly, share it around and give credit to its creator(s) when the time comes.

Keep an eye on the FFXV Windows Edition Steam Workshop and remember if you pre-purchased or purchase FFXV Windows Edition on Steam before 1st May, you can get the Half-Life Pack from the FFXV Windows Edition Steam Workshop for free!
More information.

Last edited:
Bring on the nude mods! Lol how naive Tabata is ( sorry man, watching JAV ruined my morality)

What crashes? Yes I had one in 7 hours of playtime, shall I pull out torch and pitchfork?
;)
No the game is pretty much stable and autosaves frequently so this crash in my case ment nothing (although manual save is allowed didn't even try it).

Haven't spotted any performance problems on my rig which is i5 4670K, 8Gb RAM, SSD and GTX1070:
- I don't use 4K textures
- Set most things on high and some on highest
- Disabled motion blur (that idiocy is again turned on by default!!!)
- Enabled hairworks and a few more gameworks options
- Resolution on my side is 1080p

My initial thoughts:
- Gaphicswhores paradise, although still didn't see rain, so… early impressions mind me
- Sidequests are buy or get an item and deliver, booooooooooorin'!
- Main story is classic FF, everyone knows everything except the player who's confused
- Combat is… My honest reaction to it is: WTF. Some odd hybrid between dishonored and Berseria designed to look nice in videoreviews
- Fishing minigame is atrocious
- No mouse support in menus, map again moves with IJKL and not with WASD or mouse, stupid Backspace is used again for something dunno what, Square says they made the whole game for PC from scratch - such lie they can go sell to their mother, maybe they redid graphics but UI was copypasted atrocity from Nintendo Gameboy

Of course there are other things to note, but that's some sort of an early impression.

Bring on the nude mods!
Not sure what would nude mods be used for honestly. Of course those will appear, but the game (so far at least) is all about asexual characters. I don't know how children are born in that world.

The demo actively turned me off the game. Performance is fine on my three-year-old rig, but sheesh, the interface is absolutely *awful*. I haven’t played a console version, but the PC version looks like nothing must’ve changed. Even with the 25% launch discount at some sites, I’m not inclined to give money to this kind of effort.

I thought the interface was fine even if it wasn't perfect. I tried it with both gamepad (it automatically detected my Dualshock 4 controller) and KB+M. The only thing that annoyed me was that the mouse didn't work in some of the menus.

Just in some? LOL
FF15 UI is more atrocious than in indie kickstarter Earthlock, the only KS project of dozens I backed that disappointed me, I think that speaks enough about it.
I'm playing on K+M and am an inch close to thumb the game down on Steam already although the game (so far) is fun.

A word of warning about performance - at chapter 5 you learn summons. These summons when used cause PC to turn into console. From 356834535783546 frames per second your game drops to Ubisoft's cinematic experience with 20FPS max till you restart the game - luckily you can save anywhere outside of scripted main missions and dungeons.
Happnes to everyone, any settings and any hardware setup. There is no confirmed workaround yet (I'm not at that chapter so can't verify: a certain player said switching to borderless window then back to fullscreen fixes it). More on the matter:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/637650/discussions/0/1697167168517798273/

There is an official benchmark tool you can use to see how good your PC will run the game.

I will test my powerful NASA's Intel i7 3990k + nVidia GTX 760 4GB + 8 GB RAM on an ASUS Maximus V Gene motherboard to see if I can barely attain 25 fps on 1080p :p

Also: the game is sized 85 GB and there's also a free "High-Resolution Pack" (includes 4K textures) that takes up another 63 GB. Be warned :p

Last edited:
That pack is superhge because it contains all CGI cutscenes in 4K.

That pack is superhge because it contains all CGI cutscenes in 4K.

Hmm, is it possible to use that program Ordinator on it? ( Sometimes I even surprise myself with my own ingenuity)

I wonder if it's possible to just delete that folder if you're not running the game in 4k.

The pack is a piece of free DLC, maybe you don't even need to download It if you're not going to play 4K res.

Back
Top Bottom