The TV Series discussion thread

I dropped that show about nuthouse after the first episode... To me, it was boring. Sorry.

On the other hand, Good Omens, Pratchet's another crazy world brought to screen by Neil Gaiman is brilliant. Okay, it's too much of kids friendly style, but I'll close eyes on that because everything else is awsome.

Watch it with anyone you want. Unless it's some christian fundamentalist/extremist who can't appreciate an art and might be offended with this display of unshackled imagination.
Thanks Amazon for greenlight on this one.

I dropped that show about nuthouse after the first episode… To me, it was boring. Sorry.

On the other hand, Good Omens, Pratchet's another crazy world brought to screen by Neil Gaiman is brilliant. Okay, it's too much of kids friendly style, but I'll close eyes on that because everything else is awsome.

Watch it with anyone you want. Unless it's some christian fundamentalist/extremist who can't appreciate an art and might be offended with this display of unshackled imagination.
Thanks Amazon for greenlight on this one.

It was fun, but like you say it's a bit too childish for me.
I wouldn't watch a second season, but for a miniseries, it's ok.

I thought it was awful. Some things work on the page, but really don't transfer to the screen.

I ... can't even describe how horrible I thought this mini series was D: . I expected something different, I guess, but Ripper's 'awful' is the best description I read so far. Don't get me wrong, it's not about the content ... I felt an urge to read the book after seeing the first episode, but there was no urge to watch the rest of the series. That I did it, well, was more like ... I don't know. Perhaps a secret lust for ghost trains, spiders or monumental car crashes.
Whilke I like childish/slapstick/you name it, this series just was not my type of childishness/slapstick/you name it I guess.

For those that like their drama gritty, this was good stuff.

Earlier today I saw the first episode of the show, "City on the Hill", set in Boston during the early nineties. I liked what I saw, the cast is pretty good and capable, I'll likely watch an episode or two over the next few days and see what happens next.

I finished Too Old to Die Young. Was left fairly disappointed. Things were just starting to get interesting. Maybe for a second season, but the director has already said he wants to do a movie next.

Eps 4, 5, 6, 7 were the best. Ep 10 was only 30 minutes long and 15 of those were some crazy bitch dancing. Really disappointing final episode.

Finished Star Trek Discovery via DVD, the extras were pretty cool including a clip about what happened to the Captain(1) after resolution of main story. As I said previously not the drek I was expecting but far better than Enterprise. They even had a time loop story that was pretty cool. And after watching the entirety of season 1, I see why the Captain (2) got offed so much in that time loop episode... very cool. I'll get season two Star Trek on DVD but not getting CBS all access at this point.

However, it did have its problems and clearly it barely held onto the Star Trek mantle. But I will say that Star Trek Discovery was more Star Trek, than Gothic 4 was Gothic.....low bar

Finished Umbrella Academy. Interesting concept held back by far too many writer contrivances. And all the family dysfunction angst. ugh. So many times somebody had something crucial to say and they never said it just to build dramatic tension. And locking that girl in the room made no sense and conveniently the one guy who could bypass the "guard" was no where to be seen. Wont be back for season two... don't care.

Documentary on Teddy Pendergrass. (70s R&B singer/superstar) Interesting storytelling that surprisingly had a very emotional ending. Blew a couple of urban legends about his accident out the water.

Finished the orville season 2. I just wanted to say
Hey! Lets hide just inside the event horizon of that black hole. We can just park there, the Kaylon will not see us.

I'm currently binge-watching The Good Place. It's not a laugh out loud kind of sitcom but the episodes are fun to watch and keep me hooked. The concept of teaching and testing Philosophy and Ethics via comedy is a breath of fresh air as well.

dark season 2 10/10

what a fucking rollercoaster, if season 3 is at the same level, i think it will become my favorite tv series; overall season 2 i think its better since it brings even more fucked up things than the first season.

It's stop the presses for me - King's Avatar, chinese animation series about competitive mmos (e-sports) that took over the world is getting the live version!

Supposedly starts at the end of this month, will have 40 episodes and as every other Tencent's production will be available on youtube with english subs of course. For free.

Trailer? With no mushrooms but the thing that made the donghua famous? k+m? Sure!

:drool:

Erm… No smoking from the original story? Damn.

Well if they banned it from the live version I'll get my fix in season 2 of the original series that will continue with season 2 in august:

Been watching the new Stranger Things. It still does many things very well, and has its atmosphere and charm, but I think we're approaching the shark-jumping, and it might be time to call it.

Been watching the new Stranger Things. It still does many things very well, and has its atmosphere and charm, but I think we're approaching the shark-jumping, and it might be time to call it.

You mean season 3? I didn't realize it was already out.

I'm more interested in season 2 of Dark. I think I'm going to re-watch the first season though, because I don't remember all the details, and there were a lot of them.

I've seen the first two series of Stranger Things, so I'm keen to watch the newest iteration. I haven't picked up Netflix since coming back to the States, so I'll either do that at some point or just purchase the dvd's.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - I've enjoyed it. Just there was one too many scenes that made me suck air through my teeth, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom