NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer - Community Update & Interview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Stepping in for Shane DeFreest is Rob McGinnis with the latest Mask of the Betrayer Community Update on the official forums:
1. Will we see PrC's for classes like Warlock and Druid that really have no options now?
The Stormlord PrC has full divine spell progression and works very well for druids. (Note that the War Priest is also a decent option for druids, though it doesn’t fit as well thematically). We aren't adding a PrC for Warlocks.

2. Are there going to be any new base classes introduced in this expansion? If so, could you tell us what class(es) might be added, or at least hint at it/them (if unable to reveal such details as of this time)?
We have implemented the favored soul and spirit shaman.

3. With the new setting placed in Rasemen, will the Monk finally get a prestige class that caters to it?
The sacred fist PrC is great for monks with any divine caster levels.
While we're on MotB, RPG Vault is pointing out an interview at InGame.de:
ingame.de: Two new base classes have been announced: The Spitit Shaman and the Favored Soul. Both of them use divine magic. So what’s the difference between them and a Druid or Cleric?

Kevin Saunders: The biggest difference is that both cast spells spontaneously (like a sorcerer) instead of memorizing them in advance. This makes them more flexible in some ways, though they are restricted by how many spells they know (as sorcerers are). Except for their spell list, the spirit shaman and druid are very different, with both having many class abilities. For example, spirit shamans cannot wild shape, but they have many powers over spirits, which includes creatures such as elementals. The favored soul also has some unique abilities, gaining energy resistance and weapon specialization in their deity's favored weapon.
More information.

Stormlord - that's the final PrC confirmed. Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep, Invisible Blade, Sacred Fist, and of course Red Wizard of Thay.

Quite good choices, I'd say. Every class except Warlock has decent PrC options now. Mages and Sorcs now have two very viable PrCs, as do Druids. Warlocks missing out, but Warlocks are pretty useless anyway, maybe the limited rest will make them more useful. Just the fact that it's a high level campaign will help them out.

Meh, I'll probably continue the adventures of Redar Firehand, level 20 Chaotic Good Human Socerer.

I'm not a big fan of prestige classes(soo uber) but I like the Spirit Shaman idea. The wild shape aspect of the druid build is unappealing to my play style, so it's nice to see a focus for the caster side of that class.

I also will probably be sticking to my sorc, though. :)

i love druids though i'm not big on the wild shape either. spirt shaman sounds quite nice.

I tend not to use PrC's too much, but definitely try them out and they are just great in terms of variety and subtle gameplay differences!

Back
Top Bottom